Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2014, 01:05 PM   #571
Candlelady
A dream is a wish your heart makes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Yes I would send on Tuesday. It has a chance of getting accomplished but it isn't usually better as you have lesser days. Now don't get me wrong 3 days is still ample time for average requests. But if you were hoping to get upgraded or a specific spot then that might be harder under 5 days.
Thank you so much for the quick response!
I will fax on Tuesday.
An upgrade would be icing on the cake, but not asking or expecting an upgrade, but a specific building. Fully expect the parking lot view.

I'll keep my fingers crossed the fax is received in enough time to be able to grant my request.

We haven't been to Port Orleans since 2007 and we're excited to be arriving soon, especially with our little princess!!!

Have an awesome week!!!
Candlelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:48 PM   #572
Candlelady
A dream is a wish your heart makes

Quote:
Yes I would send on Tuesday. It has a chance of getting accomplished but it isn't usually better as you have lesser days. Now don't get me wrong 3 days is still ample time for average requests. But if you were hoping to get upgraded or a specific spot then that might be harder under 5 days.
Now I'm second guessing both you and myself
I am looking for a specific building, not an upgrade. Do you think it would be OK to fax it on Saturday for a Friday check in? Or is that too early?

Thanks again.
Candlelady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2014, 03:00 PM   #573
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Thanks [I]again![/I]

You are the best! I actually got an upgrade to preferred when my family went last November when I requested a room near the main path for my ASD son.

My sister and her family just checked in at POR this morning for her daughter's birthday celebration (tomorrow) and they got upgraded to royal river view from standard royal view. I think they requested to have rooms near the grandparents who went with them, the bus stop and food court. I think they may not have been as close as hoped, but are TOTALLY enjoying their view!
Thank you so much for all your advice and tips....much appreciated!

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 work trip DW Beach Club
May '01 work trip DL Grand Californian
May '02 work trip DW Boardwalk
May '03 work trip DW Yacht Club
May '04 work trip DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:22 PM   #574
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candlelady View Post
Now I'm second guessing both you and myself
I am looking for a specific building, not an upgrade. Do you think it would be OK to fax it on Saturday for a Friday check in? Or is that too early?

Thanks again.
You'll be fine. Yes it's ok to fax it that early if you need to.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #575
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
You are the best! I actually got an upgrade to preferred when my family went last November when I requested a room near the main path for my ASD son.

My sister and her family just checked in at POR this morning for her daughter's birthday celebration (tomorrow) and they got upgraded to royal river view from standard royal view. I think they requested to have rooms near the grandparents who went with them, the bus stop and food court. I think they may not have been as close as hoped, but are TOTALLY enjoying their view!
Thank you so much for all your advice and tips....much appreciated!
No problem I am here for the guests!!! I love to make as much magic as possible if I can!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:29 PM   #576
krist315
Earning My Ears

We check in on Thursday may 1st, what is the best day to fax in our request? Thank you.
krist315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:40 PM   #577
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by krist315 View Post
We check in on Thursday may 1st, what is the best day to fax in our request? Thank you.
Send it in April 25th or 26th.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:06 PM   #578
disgirl42
Our first visit in over 20 years!!

Quote:
Hello there,

Yeah the Murphy Beds are comfortable even for me. But I also am 5'11" so I hang over a little bit. But I don't believe you need the bed rails honestly in my opinion. The mattress sinks in a little, not a lot, and kind of holds you in the middle of it. There is a lip on the end that keeps the mattress on the Murphy bed and not sliding off or anything. As for the room I would try for a preferred and possibly request a king bed? But as you said I wouldn't put too much worry on the bed. The Queens are still very big even for me. Since there is no elevators in the Alligator Bayou Buildings I would ask for first floor also since you have the stroller. I really like building 14 it is a very nice location and literally it is almost right outside the food court doors. I personally believe you should leave it the way it is. Purchased a preferred requesting a king. The preferreds go quick and they may just move you to a king preferred to open a queen one up for someone else. It would be harder to do any magic with a king room asking for a preferred location. If that last part is confusing I can help further. Honestly I didnt have too much noise in the preferred area. Just around the pool but even then it was loud long. I honestly think Preferred Area is a lot quieter to me.
Thanks so much, Venomhatch!

I have read most of this blog- and you have the best advice! It makes it way easier for us newbies to tackle a large resort!

I will take that advice about the first story room- thanks for that tip! (and maybe say away from the stairs as well?)

Do you think I can list just building 14 as my preference for building numbers? or should I give a second building request?

Thanks for all you do! Have a wonderful (and magical!) day! Amy
disgirl42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:27 PM   #579
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgirl42 View Post
Thanks so much, Venomhatch!

I have read most of this blog- and you have the best advice! It makes it way easier for us newbies to tackle a large resort!

I will take that advice about the first story room- thanks for that tip! (and maybe say away from the stairs as well?)

Do you think I can list just building 14 as my preference for building numbers? or should I give a second building request?

Thanks for all you do! Have a wonderful (and magical!) day! Amy
Your very welcome as this is my last post for the night, maybe. I would stay away from the stairs as much as possible. You cant hear anyone walking up them but who knows what a child is smacking on all the rails on the way up or down or the traffic. I will mention again that the rooms are pretty sound proof. So if you do get placed near a stairs I wouldn't worry too much. I just don't like to be near the stairs personally.

Building preference, I would mention you would like 14, but it looks better if you have a back up one but do mention things like it would be so nice, or so magical if you could get "blah blah".

Good night everyone and if you have further questions feel free to ask, have a magical night everyone!
Old 04-23-2014, 11:54 AM   #580
disgirl42
Our first visit in over 20 years!!

Quote:
Your very welcome as this is my last post for the night, maybe. I would stay away from the stairs as much as possible. You cant hear anyone walking up them but who knows what a child is smacking on all the rails on the way up or down or the traffic. I will mention again that the rooms are pretty sound proof. So if you do get placed near a stairs I wouldn't worry too much. I just don't like to be near the stairs personally.

Building preference, I would mention you would like 14, but it looks better if you have a back up one but do mention things like it would be so nice, or so magical if you could get "blah blah".

Good night everyone and if you have further questions feel free to ask, have a magical night everyone!
Thanks again, Venomhatch!

You have the best info- this thread is the best! I appreciate the info!

I am not going to mention about the stairs or noise- it will probably be fine- and I don't want to muck up the request with too many requests. I am going to keep it simple- stating that I would really love a king bed with the Murphy Bed in my preferred room. Saying that my son will LOVE having his own little bed! I will also say how magical it would be to be in building #14 as we will be close to the dining, arcade, bus stop and pool- but any of the FIRST FLOOR (we have a stroller!!) preferred buildings would be simply wonderful!

I think that covers it all for now- until I think of something else

Now... just to wait the 221 days until we arrive!!

Hugs! Amy
disgirl42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #581
allykat73
Earning My Ears

Late arrival

Our flight arrives close to midnight on May 9th. With a very late check in, should I ask for anything specific in my room request fax? I have booked preferred already so just looking to request building 14 to as close as possible to the main building.

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #582
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by allykat73 View Post
Our flight arrives close to midnight on May 9th. With a very late check in, should I ask for anything specific in my room request fax? I have booked preferred already so just looking to request building 14 to as close as possible to the main building.

Thanks!
It definitely would hurt. I know the point of faxing in ahead is to allow them time to find a room best fitting what your looking for. So I say yes by all means fax us.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:05 PM   #583
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgirl42 View Post
Thanks again, Venomhatch!

You have the best info- this thread is the best! I appreciate the info!

I am not going to mention about the stairs or noise- it will probably be fine- and I don't want to muck up the request with too many requests. I am going to keep it simple- stating that I would really love a king bed with the Murphy Bed in my preferred room. Saying that my son will LOVE having his own little bed! I will also say how magical it would be to be in building #14 as we will be close to the dining, arcade, bus stop and pool- but any of the FIRST FLOOR (we have a stroller!!) preferred buildings would be simply wonderful!

I think that covers it all for now- until I think of something else

Now... just to wait the 221 days until we arrive!!

Hugs! Amy
No problem! Hope you have a magical stay with us!
Old 04-23-2014, 01:14 PM   #584
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It definitely would not hurt. I know the point of faxing in ahead is to allow them time to find a room best fitting what your looking for. So I say yes by all means fax us.
Ditto...as the saying goes...If you don't ask you'll never know.

I think they want to please their customer base as much as is humanly possible. That has always been my experience at POR. I know some others have had a wrinkle a time or two. That being said, I try to be reasonable in my requests, too. Your request sounds reasonable. You certainly aren't asking for room 1408 or else! Have a magical trip!

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:31 PM   #585
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
Ditto...as the saying goes...If you don't ask you'll never know.

I think they want to please their customer base as much as is humanly possible. That has always been my experience at POR. I know some others have had a wrinkle a time or two. That being said, I try to be reasonable in my requests, too. Your request sounds reasonable. You certainly aren't asking for room 1408 or else! Have a magical trip!
That is funny Lisa! Thanks for chiming in. Oh and by the way I do chime in on the POR thread and answer if needed. I just seem busy here now lol and my new assignments here at Disney keep me occupied.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: