Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2014, 10:57 AM   #541
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillygator View Post
so a family of 5 - 2 adults 3 kids, 11, 9 and 2 would automatically be in the AB section correct?
No, the two-year-old would not count towards room occupancy. You would be classed as a family of four plus an infant, so you could be in any section (although AB would make most sense for you).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:50 AM   #542
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
No, the two-year-old would not count towards room occupancy. You would be classed as a family of four plus an infant, so you could be in any section (although AB would make most sense for you).

Andre
Thx Andre, Been really busy lately.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2014, 07:56 PM   #543
Mousedreaming
Mouseketeer

Thank you, Venomhatch for the template. I used it for our 3/21-3/27 trip, and it worked great. I was able to have all of my requests met. Away from construction, not right next to the parking lot, and 2nd floor. I was very apprehensive, because this was our first time in a standard view room, but it worked out really good. Thanks again!
Mousedreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:26 PM   #544
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousedreaming View Post
Thank you, Venomhatch for the template. I used it for our 3/21-3/27 trip, and it worked great. I was able to have all of my requests met. Away from construction, not right next to the parking lot, and 2nd floor. I was very apprehensive, because this was our first time in a standard view room, but it worked out really good. Thanks again!
No problem. I am glad they were able to give you some magic.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:04 AM   #545
LiliBelle
Earning My Ears

We have 4 standard RGR rooms reserved, and arrive in 10 days. I was going to request Oak Manor by the quiet pool - first floor rooms. Should I be worried about construction at Oak Manor? Is it better to just request a first floor room by the main pool and a bus stop? Thanks!!
LiliBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #546
Tigerlulu
Mouseketeer

I have two reservations for POR next week. Our first night I booked separately through expedia, as Disney couldn't give me availability that night.

So basically my first night I have a preferred room. The rest I have garden view.

It's just me and a friend. No kids. I'm not picky about where I stay, as much as I don't want to switch rooms and I want to be close to a bus stop. Obviously being close to the main buildings would be awesome but I don't know how realistic that is.

This is my first stay at POR. What should I request that I could realistically get? Should I prefer a certain area or word this a certain way? I'm just unsure about making a request. I've never asked for requested areas outside of the online checkin before.
Tigerlulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:52 PM   #547
GigiDisneyfreak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiliBelle
We have 4 standard RGR rooms reserved, and arrive in 10 days. I was going to request Oak Manor by the quiet pool - first floor rooms. Should I be worried about construction at Oak Manor? Is it better to just request a first floor room by the main pool and a bus stop? Thanks!!
There is a thread on here devoted to POR. It has been updated on there that they are currently working on the north side river facing party of the roof. When they finish that they will be moving onto the parking lot. I would copy the thread for you but I can't from my phone.

Me, DD(21), DD(15), DGD(2)

Feb. 1987, 1988, and 1990 offsite; July 1992 offsite; Aug 1994 offsite; Oct 1996 Poly and POR(bayou); Sept. 1997 ASMu; Nov. 1998 CBR; May 2002 AKL; Dec. 2004 & 2005 POR(mansions), Mar. 2009 CSR, Mar. 2013 YC,
GigiDisneyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:08 AM   #548
Ismo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiDisneyfreak View Post
There is a thread on here devoted to POR. It has been updated on there that they are currently working on the north side river facing party of the roof. When they finish that they will be moving onto the parking lot. I would copy the thread for you but I can't from my phone.
I've got it

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3245277

They have been talking a lot about the roof discussion over the past week.

09/03/14 - Official DVC Members at GF!!!

Poly w/Family - 09/03 - 09/14 '95
POR w/DH & Family - Arcadian - 03/23 - 03/30 '13
POR w/DH & Family - Oak - 08/15 - 08/23 '14
Ismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:55 AM   #549
LiliBelle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismo View Post
I've got it

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3245277

They have been talking a lot about the roof discussion over the past week.
Thank you!!
LiliBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #550
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Thank you all for helping them out. I dont know why I dont receive my notifications that often.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:53 PM   #551
DJT
DIS Veteran

After making and canceling two WDW reservations and one DL reservation during the past year, we are finally going to make it I think although bittersweet. My elderly parents were both hospitalized several times during the past year and then I lost my mom at Thanksgiving and then my dad March 1st. This trip is to try to de-stress. I am so emotional these days. It is just DH and I and I made our reservations through Orbitz. We arrive at FQ on May 4. Should I fax our request on the 1st which is a Thursday or on Friday the 2nd? Just want to request upper floor in building 2. We paid for garden view. Thanks for your advice!
DJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:59 AM   #552
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJT View Post
Should I fax our request on the 1st which is a Thursday or on Friday the 2nd?
I'm sorry for the hard time you've been having lately, and for your recent sad losses.

As far as faxing is concerned, it honestly doesn't make a big difference. I'd avoid going much beyond 5 days out from your arrival date if possible (so your fax is fresh when they come to look at any room blocking) but other than that a day or two either way won't make a big difference. There isn't a fire-breathing dragon in their office which instantly incinerates faxes that arrive outside of a certain timeframe.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:40 AM   #553
DJT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I'm sorry for the hard time you've been having lately, and for your recent sad losses.

As far as faxing is concerned, it honestly doesn't make a big difference. I'd avoid going much beyond 5 days out from your arrival date if possible (so your fax is fresh when they come to look at any room blocking) but other than that a day or two either way won't make a big difference. There isn't a fire-breathing dragon in their office which instantly incinerates faxes that arrive outside of a certain timeframe.

Andre
Thanks so much. I just wanted to make sure when they receive my fax they will actually have my reservation info since I made it through Orbitz and I know Orbitz won't send it to Disney until a few days prior to arrival. Thanks again!
Old 04-17-2014, 06:05 AM   #554
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJT View Post
Thanks so much. I just wanted to make sure when they receive my fax they will actually have my reservation info since I made it through Orbitz and I know Orbitz won't send it to Disney until a few days prior to arrival. Thanks again!
I spoke to the right people while I was there and you should do it at the 5 days before arrival. One to two days would be too soon for room planning and would make it more difficult to achieve requests.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:49 AM   #555
DJT
DIS Veteran

I'll do it five days prior to arrival. Thanks so much for the information, and thanks for what you do as a CM!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: