Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #211
lifeguardette
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post

Well one thing I would want to know first is your room type, Standard, Garden, water, or River views?
Ummm, well all I know is that it is a "pool view", so I'm guessing a standard room with a pool view? I know that we are not in the royal rooms. Does that make sense?
lifeguardette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #212
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,512

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguardette View Post
Ummm, well all I know is that it is a "pool view", so I'm guessing a standard room with a pool view? I know that we are not in the royal rooms. Does that make sense?
Ok then most likely water view but then they would have noted pool also. Well I would request near the pool between Oak and Parterre Buildings. This is near a bridge that takes you over to the main bust stop and main building, gift shop, food court etc. South Depot in my opinion is the best bus stop.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #213
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 4,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguardette View Post
Ummm, well all I know is that it is a "pool view", so I'm guessing a standard room with a pool view? I know that we are not in the royal rooms. Does that make sense?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Ok then most likely water view but then they would have noted pool also. Well I would request near the pool between Oak and Parterre Buildings.
The OP mentions a Pool View booking, but says not a Royal Room.

The best located ones are probably the six in Alligator Bayou #18, but they are only two floors high. For a third-floor room, I'd suggest the four on the end of Magnolia Terrace; which are near to the bridge to Ol' Man Island, and fairly close to the East Depot too.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #214
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,512

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
The OP mentions a Pool View booking, but says not a Royal Room.

The best located ones are probably the six in Alligator Bayou #18, but they are only two floors high. For a third-floor room, I'd suggest the four on the end of Magnolia Terrace; which are near to the bridge to Ol' Man Island, and fairly close to the East Depot too.

Andre
Thanks for catching that. I missed "NOT" in that sentence. I would go with what Andre recommended now.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #215
lifeguardette
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post

Thanks for catching that. I missed "NOT" in that sentence. I would go with what Andre recommended now.
Thank-you both of you! You guys are amazing! This is our first time at WDW as we are DL vets, so feeling a little lost and overwhelmed, thanks for the suggestions!
lifeguardette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #216
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 4,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguardette View Post
Thank-you both of you! You guys are amazing! This is our first time at WDW as we are DL vets, so feeling a little lost and overwhelmed, thanks for the suggestions!
You're welcome. I've got full floor-plan maps on my site at http://www.portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.php (click on any building on the maps to enlarge it).

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #217
Michele926
Earning My Ears
 
Michele926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 71

assistance needed

I am hoping to get some help from the experts - We are going down the 9th -19th Nov. I had to split my reservation like this 9th & 10th - the 11th-19th in order to get the free dining for the 2nd portion of the trip.

I have yet to do the on-line check in or the request letter yet. I am feeling a little overwhelmed this time around doing all the planning. Its myself, DH, DS, and DD (her 1st trip ) In-laws are also coming along in their own room

I am REALLY Really hoping they do not make us switch rooms...my husband is a germ freak and always spends hours cleaning and sanitizing the room as soon as we arrive (before suit cases even enter the room). On top of that I have breakfast plans on the 11th.

Here are some of my needs and wants perhaps someone could assist me in organizing, prioritizing, and crafting a warm thoughtful request letter.

#1 Would like to stay in same room throughout the duration
#2 Would like adjoining rooms with the in-laws since they plan to take the baby back to the room(s) often
#3 Mansions would be lovely - I have always wished to stay @ the GF...this is as close as I am ever going to get (can't even afford the Royal Guest Rooms here)
#4 Would like ground floor or close to an elevator (mom in-law CANNOT do stairs) She also get clastrophobic in elevators...but hey she may have to sacrifice.

Questions:
#1 What is the best standard room location (in the mansions) close to the main building and/or bus stops - so mom in-law has the least amount of walking (she is already complaining and refuses to rent a scooter)
#2 Do we need to request a refrigerator now or are they in all the rooms yet?
#3 Am I really pushing it with all the requests

Please feel free to make any suggestions and I really appreciate the input.

Thanks
__________________
Gavin and Gillians mom
Michele926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #218
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 4,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele926 View Post
#1 What is the best standard room location (in the mansions) close to the main building and/or bus stops - so mom in-law has the least amount of walking (she is already complaining and refuses to rent a scooter)
#2 Do we need to request a refrigerator now or are they in all the rooms yet?
#3 Am I really pushing it with all the requests
#1 First, don't ask for a specific location (that just reduces your chances of getting what you want) but ask instead for the features that you want - i.e. mansion building ground floor, close to main buildings, connecting rooms so inlaws can babysit, same two rooms for the two continuing bookings if possible.

#2 Yes you still need to request a fridge at the moment, as there are currently only about 40% of rooms with fridges so far, and many of those are going to guests with medical needs. No guarantees I'm afraid.

#3 Just make your points succinctly and politely, with brief explanations of the reasons. Don't make it too wordy, as they have hundreds of new guests checking in every day so may not have time to read a long letter.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #219
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele926 View Post
I am hoping to get some help from the experts - We are going down the 9th -19th Nov. I had to split my reservation like this 9th & 10th - the 11th-19th in order to get the free dining for the 2nd portion of the trip.

I have yet to do the on-line check in or the request letter yet. I am feeling a little overwhelmed this time around doing all the planning. Its myself, DH, DS, and DD (her 1st trip ) In-laws are also coming along in their own room

I am REALLY Really hoping they do not make us switch rooms...my husband is a germ freak and always spends hours cleaning and sanitizing the room as soon as we arrive (before suit cases even enter the room). On top of that I have breakfast plans on the 11th.

Here are some of my needs and wants perhaps someone could assist me in organizing, prioritizing, and crafting a warm thoughtful request letter.

#1 Would like to stay in same room throughout the duration
#2 Would like adjoining rooms with the in-laws since they plan to take the baby back to the room(s) often
#3 Mansions would be lovely - I have always wished to stay @ the GF...this is as close as I am ever going to get (can't even afford the Royal Guest Rooms here)
#4 Would like ground floor or close to an elevator (mom in-law CANNOT do stairs) She also get clastrophobic in elevators...but hey she may have to sacrifice.

Questions:
#1 What is the best standard room location (in the mansions) close to the main building and/or bus stops - so mom in-law has the least amount of walking (she is already complaining and refuses to rent a scooter)
#2 Do we need to request a refrigerator now or are they in all the rooms yet?
#3 Am I really pushing it with all the requests

Please feel free to make any suggestions and I really appreciate the input.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
#1 First, don't ask for a specific location (that just reduces your chances of getting what you want) but ask instead for the features that you want - i.e. mansion building ground floor, close to main buildings, connecting rooms so inlaws can babysit, same two rooms for the two continuing bookings if possible.

#2 Yes you still need to request a fridge at the moment, as there are currently only about 40% of rooms with fridges so far, and many of those are going to guests with medical needs. No guarantees I'm afraid.

#3 Just make your points succinctly and politely, with brief explanations of the reasons. Don't make it too wordy, as they have hundreds of new guests checking in every day so may not have time to read a long letter.

Andre
Thanks Andre, I stepped out for Dinner.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:26 AM   #220
buzznina
DIS Veteran
 
buzznina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.
Posts: 1,693

I see where Andre mentions that POR is at 40% for fridges, what is the status at POFQ?
__________________



DW DH DD(8) DD(2)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #221
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 4,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznina View Post
I see where Andre mentions that POR is at 40% for fridges, what is the status at POFQ?
Done, although they've got to do final a 100% audit to confirm that.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #222
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,512

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Done, although they've got to do final a 100% audit to confirm that.

Andre
POR has to be more than 40% by now right? Or did they hit a shortage?
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #223
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 4,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
POR has to be more than 40% by now right? Or did they hit a shortage?
Nope, projected to be that way until well into November at the moment unfortunately, see the info at the front of the FAQ threads.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #224
buzznina
DIS Veteran
 
buzznina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.
Posts: 1,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Done, although they've got to do final a 100% audit to confirm that.

Andre
Phew! That is good news With 2 lil DD's we need a fridge

One more question, I have put in my request when I made my ressie and have also faxed it again a few days again. Would checking in online affect any of that or just check-in when I get there? Always wondered
__________________



DW DH DD(8) DD(2)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #225
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 4,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznina View Post
Phew! That is good news With 2 lil DD's we need a fridge

One more question, I have put in my request when I made my ressie and have also faxed it again a few days again. Would checking in online affect any of that or just check-in when I get there? Always wondered
Online checkin can be done up to 60 days in advance, whereas sending a fax would be nearer 3-5 days out, so online checkin should normally have been done well before faxing.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: