Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #181
ratlenhum
DIS Veteran
 
ratlenhum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,468

We just got back. We were in Acadian House. Requested a fridge for food allergies and injectible medications and there was no fridge in room. When we walked to our room there were 5-10 fridges outside rooms along the walkways. Not sure what was up with that. I called and asked about a fridge and in about 15 minutes they delivered one to our room
ratlenhum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #182
ratlenhum
DIS Veteran
 
ratlenhum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny3boys View Post
This fax request seems too long. I think we are requesting too much maybe? Does anyone have any ideas? We have some time, we aren't arriving until Nov 10th. Should I take out the part about the fridge. Will they all be replaced by then?
_________________________________________________


1: connecting rooms with XXXXX- confirmation#
2: thorough room cleaning
3: close to main building
4: first floor room
5: in room fridge
I would leave it in, and make it higher on the list. We made 2 requests, the mansions, and a fridge for both dietary allergy issues and for the fact that both my son and I have injectible medications that require refridgeration. I even stated that if a regular fridge was available, a medical one would suffice. We got to our room and had nothing!
ratlenhum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #183
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,794

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlenhum View Post
I would leave it in, and make it higher on the list. We made 2 requests, the mansions, and a fridge for both dietary allergy issues and for the fact that both my son and I have injectible medications that require refridgeration. I even stated that if a regular fridge was available, a medical one would suffice. We got to our room and had nothing!
Definitely!
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #184
freckles04
DIS Veteran
 
freckles04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 973

wrong thread! sorry.
__________________
ME: DS10:


Last edited by freckles04; 10-15-2013 at 05:41 AM.
freckles04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #185
Mrs. Buzz Lightyear
Mouseketeer
 
Mrs. Buzz Lightyear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 130

Just called and spoke to POR and they said they never received a fax from me :-( guess I will be sending another copy. We check in next Saturday and a hoping for a little extra pixie dust. We are celebrating my brother’s 40th birthday and his son very 1st trip. Wish us some luck!

Here's our fax tell me what you all think:

Hello, and good day to you and your fellow Cast Members.

On October 26 my Family and I will be visiting Walt Disney World at your Port Orleans Riverside resort. We are all looking forward to this trip from October 26 – November 3, with much excitement! We would be most grateful if you could possibly accommodate a room request for a room close to the bridge to the main building, we would also like to be on the second floor and if possible to have a refrigerator in the xxxxxx family room. We have a paid for a royal room with a garden view as part of our reservation. We will be celebrating my brothers 40th Birthday and my Nephews very fist Disney trip. So it would be very magical to receive a little pixie dust if at all possible. It would be the most magical experience to achieve this wonderful gift if possible. We understand that these are requests but if you can help us out to the best of your abilities we would be ever so grateful! We will be arriving at your resort very soon, and would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide in making our wonderful vacation more enjoyable and magical.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Buzz Lightyear (lol)

*A room close to the bridge to the main building
*Second Floor please we are very sensitive sleepers
*We have a paid for a royal room with a garden view
*A refrigerator in the xxxxx family Room
__________________
Its kinda fun to do the impossible” - Walt Disney

Many Happy Visits Since 1987

Next Visit: Fall 2015

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour


Mrs. Buzz Lightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #186
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Buzz Lightyear View Post
Just called and spoke to POR and they said they never received a fax from me :-( guess I will be sending another copy. We check in next Saturday and a hoping for a little extra pixie dust. We are celebrating my brother’s 40th birthday and his son very 1st trip. Wish us some luck!

Here's our fax tell me what you all think:

Hello, and good day to you and your fellow Cast Members.

On October 26 my Family and I will be visiting Walt Disney World at your Port Orleans Riverside resort. We are all looking forward to this trip from October 26 – November 3, with much excitement! We would be most grateful if you could possibly accommodate a room request for a room close to the bridge to the main building, we would also like to be on the second floor and if possible to have a refrigerator in the xxxxxx family room. We have a paid for a royal room with a garden view as part of our reservation. We will be celebrating my brothers 40th Birthday and my Nephews very fist Disney trip. So it would be very magical to receive a little pixie dust if at all possible. It would be the most magical experience to achieve this wonderful gift if possible. We understand that these are requests but if you can help us out to the best of your abilities we would be ever so grateful! We will be arriving at your resort very soon, and would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide in making our wonderful vacation more enjoyable and magical.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Buzz Lightyear (lol)

*A room close to the bridge to the main building
*Second Floor please we are very sensitive sleepers
*We have a paid for a royal room with a garden view
*A refrigerator in the xxxxx family Room
Faxes can get lost, so I would resend it and I encourage others worried to call asking about it. If you don't have the number and I mean the real number, not some call center, PM me and I will share.

Mrs. Buzz Lightyear, it looks great!
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #187
Mrs. Buzz Lightyear
Mouseketeer
 
Mrs. Buzz Lightyear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Faxes can get lost, so I would resend it and I encourage others worried to call asking about it. If you don't have the number and I mean the real number, not some call center, PM me and I will share. Mrs. Buzz Lightyear, it looks great!
Do you think it sounds ok or am I asking for to much? Could you please pm me the direct number. Thanks!! Without awesome people like you I wouldn't know all the info I need:-)
__________________
Its kinda fun to do the impossible” - Walt Disney

Many Happy Visits Since 1987

Next Visit: Fall 2015

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour


Mrs. Buzz Lightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #188
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,794

PMed you! No I dont think thats too much.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #189
scard192
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Faxes can get lost, so I would resend it and I encourage others worried to call asking about it. If you don't have the number and I mean the real number, not some call center, PM me and I will share.

Mrs. Buzz Lightyear, it looks great!
I just faxed, I guess I missed that I was supposed to call too. We will be there tomorrow, hope it turns out OK.
__________________
scard192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #190
hokiesweetie
Earning My Ears
 
hokiesweetie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Virginia Beach VA
Posts: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post

I just faxed, I guess I missed that I was supposed to call too. We will be there tomorrow, hope it turns out OK.
I also faxed only, fingers crossed.
hokiesweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:28 PM   #191
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,794

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiesweetie View Post
I also faxed only, fingers crossed.
Most of them make it. Mrs. Lightyear most likely didn't speak to someone at the actual resort the first time so they look at a computer screen and say no or I don't know.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #192
Mrs. Buzz Lightyear
Mouseketeer
 
Mrs. Buzz Lightyear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Most of them make it. Mrs. Lightyear most likely didn't speak to someone at the actual resort the first time so they look at a computer screen and say no or I don't know.
Just called POR and they did receive our fax! Thanks Venomatch!!

7 days and counting
__________________
Its kinda fun to do the impossible” - Walt Disney

Many Happy Visits Since 1987

Next Visit: Fall 2015

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour


Mrs. Buzz Lightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #193
LisaTC
DIS Veteran
 
LisaTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,542

Fax

When I've faxed our requests, I added my email and got a reply, quite expediently, that way...FWIW.
__________________
(ME) (DH) (DD10)


LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #194
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Buzz Lightyear View Post
Just called POR and they did receive our fax! Thanks Venomatch!!

7 days and counting
Yea I tell guests not to get discouraged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
When I've faxed our requests, I added my email and got a reply, quite expediently, that way...FWIW.
I suggest in fact leaving emails on the fax it is easier and we are more inclined to respond via email then calling someone back.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #195
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran
 
CDolacki2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lorain, Ohio
Posts: 504

I can't believe we leave Friday, sent my fax from work on Friday. Thanks Andre and Venom.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Dec 2010- first trip to WDW! CBR & PCC 2.0 Disney Wonder
June 2012- CBR & PCC 3.0 Disney Dream
Oct 2013- POR
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
CDolacki2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: