Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #166
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnerella View Post
Should I send my fax today/now (one week in advance) or wait until 4-5 days prior (Monday)
Thanks a BUNCH
Sydnerella's Mama
It's really up to you, it's not an exact science. Personally, I think I'd wait until Tuesday morning.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #167
scard192
DIS Veteran

Looking for updated status of fridge replacement at FQ. Can't find anything since the 9/4/13 post that 90% had been replaced.

I will be faxing my room requests a week from tomorrow and right now I have a request that we have 1 working fridge between our 2 rooms. I'd like to simplify the request by removing the one about fridge if they have all been replaced.
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #168
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
It usually takes 24hrs to get something back. But if you are not asking for something crazy like lol, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
Cast members from the resort do not actually respond to the faxes do they? I assumed they just read and did what they could do, but not that they replied in any fashion which is how I read the email above. Unless you mean the automatic fax delivery receipt that comes from a desktop fax machine takes 24 hours.

I just sent mine using gotofax and got delivery confirmation within minutes from the online gotofax service.

Cannot wait for Friday!

Thank you again for the tips and advice.

Sydnerella's Mama

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Sydnerella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #169
kristinesgeorge
Earning My Ears

I love this thread - between these very active POR threads and the awesome portorleans.org website - choosing to spend our son's 5th birthday and our 10-year anniversary here was a no brainer! Thank you!

Now. a question. We arrive on 11/16 and when we booked our trip, under the free dining promo, the only rooms available for us were Royal Guest Rooms, standard view. My oldest son has some minor mobility issues (backyard football and 7 year olds do not mix BTW) and so we want to minimize his walking. I've read that the RR Pool views have good proximity to everything - how feasible is it to upgrade to one of these given that our trip is paid for and it is under the free dining? We are willing to pay for it - just not sure if it is possible. If not, are there RR standard view rooms that will be close to the bridge/bus?

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot - definite DIS boards rookie, here! THANK YOU!
kristinesgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #170
laurensmommy
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info!
laurensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #171
ny3boys
Mouseketeer

This fax request seems too long. I think we are requesting too much maybe? Does anyone have any ideas? We have some time, we aren't arriving until Nov 10th. Should I take out the part about the fridge. Will they all be replaced by then?

Hello, and good day to you and your fellow Cast Members.

On Sunday, November 10 us and our 3 young boys will be visiting Walt Disney World for the very first time, and we chose your Port Orleans Riverside resort for our inaugural Disney experience! We will be accompanied by Grandma and Grandpa. We would be most grateful if you could try to possibly accommodate a few requests to make our stay even more fantastic! We would love to have connecting rooms for our family and the grandparents, so we can enjoy our trip as one big happy family. Our youngest son has some medical problems and is immune compromised—a thorough room cleaning before we arrived would help him stay healthy during our visit. We have paid for a Garden View room that night but really care more about the location of the room than what the actual view out the window is, and having one as close to the main building as possible will help conserve our son’s energy for the parks, plus make it easier to get assistance if he becomes ill. We will use a stroller for him as needed, so a first floor room would be wonderful if he falls asleep on the way back! Finally, he has to eat a high calorie diet and drinks whole/2% milk, which isn’t widely available at WDW, so we will be bringing it with us, so a refrigerator in the room would be ideal. This is most likely a once in a lifetime trip for our children, so it would be very magical to receive a little pixie dust if at all possible. We understand that these are only requests but we would be ever so grateful for any assistance that can be provided to show our boys the magic of Disney!

Sincerely,

name, etc

1: connecting rooms with XXXXX- confirmation#
2: thorough room cleaning
3: close to main building
4: first floor room
5: in room fridge
ny3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #172
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Cast members from the resort do not actually respond to the faxes do they?
Sometimes they do if you've given an email address, depending on how busy they are. They might need to clarify something for example, such as if someone has booked a Royal Room and then requested an Alligator Bayou location (or even worse, asked for a Magic Kingdom view - and yes, it has happened).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinesgeorge View Post
Now. a question. We arrive on 11/16 and when we booked our trip, under the free dining promo, the only rooms available for us were Royal Guest Rooms, standard view. My oldest son has some minor mobility issues (backyard football and 7 year olds do not mix BTW) and so we want to minimize his walking. I've read that the RR Pool views have good proximity to everything - how feasible is it to upgrade to one of these given that our trip is paid for and it is under the free dining? We are willing to pay for it - just not sure if it is possible. If not, are there RR standard view rooms that will be close to the bridge/bus?
It might be worth faxing them 3-5 days before you arrive (no more than 5 days) saying that when you booked your were only offered the one room category, but if the pool view option has become available in the meantime you would be happy to pay the difference. It's unlikely you would be charged, but as you say at least you are showing you are aware it's an upgrade. There are plenty of good locations close to the footbridge over to the main building, but not so many within the 'Standard' category.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #173
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Cast members from the resort do not actually respond to the faxes do they? I assumed they just read and did what they could do, but not that they replied in any fashion which is how I read the email above. Unless you mean the automatic fax delivery receipt that comes from a desktop fax machine takes 24 hours.

I just sent mine using gotofax and got delivery confirmation within minutes from the online gotofax service.

Cannot wait for Friday!

Thank you again for the tips and advice.

Sydnerella's Mama
Sometimes you can actually receive a reply, but this is Disney and we do get very busy, so you may not also get a reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny3boys View Post
This fax request seems too long. I think we are requesting too much maybe? Does anyone have any ideas? We have some time, we aren't arriving until Nov 10th. Should I take out the part about the fridge. Will they all be replaced by then?

Actually coming from a Cast Member that is very professional and most commonly used template I have suggested and works just fine getting almost every guest what they are trying to hope for Magic wise.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #174
Just Love Disney
Mouseketeer

I am looking for a 'cheat sheet' on tipping. I have found individual discussions regarding tipping but wasn't able to locate a list that I can print out and keep on hand during our vacation.

Example:

Taxi Drivers
Bus Drivers (DME and resort buses)
Bell Service
Concierge
Buffet Wait Staff
Room Service
Mousekeeping
etc.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

EDIT: I THINK I POSTED THIS IN THE OLD THREAD - I'LL REPOST IN THE NEWEST ONE, SORRY.

Grand Floridian - 6/1992, Caribbean Beach - 10/2012, Port Orleans Riverside - 10/2013, Split Stay - Pop Century/Caribbean Beach - 10/2014
Just Love Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #175
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Love Disney View Post
I am looking for a 'cheat sheet' on tipping. I have found individual discussions regarding tipping but wasn't able to locate a list that I can print out and keep on hand during our vacation.

Example:

Taxi Drivers
Bus Drivers (DME and resort buses)
Bell Service
Concierge
Buffet Wait Staff
Room Service
Mousekeeping
etc.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

EDIT: I THINK I POSTED THIS IN THE OLD THREAD - I'LL REPOST IN THE NEWEST ONE, SORRY.
This is a good question I always wonder if I'm tipping right
Old 10-14-2013, 05:35 AM   #176
scard192
DIS Veteran

Faxing my room request today; no update on the fridge situation since Sept 4, so leaving that request on my fax.

5 more days!
Old 10-14-2013, 07:15 AM   #177
sheri236
Mouseketeer

We are here now and have a new fridge. Building 2
Old 10-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #178
LolaMouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
Faxing my room request today; no update on the fridge situation since Sept 4, so leaving that request on my fax. 5 more days!
We're at POR and have a fridge in building 38. We didn't request one.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #179
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri236 View Post
We are here now and have a new fridge. Building 2
thanks, we have 2 rooms and I asked for at least one fridge. We'd each like our own, but will share if necessary.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #180
katielafave
Mouseketeer

We were there last week. Building 27. No fridge requested, but had one on check in. First fridge, which was new, didn't work and was super hot to the touch. Let them know, told them we had no expectation for a new one, but 2 hours later we had a new one.
katielafave is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: