Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #151
jseiden420
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
To you both. Yeah agreed this letter is perfect. You never want to make it too long they may feel like your telling them what you want, and not asking for it. Also no one wants to read a book of requests, lol. But your letter looks great and thank you Andre for helping out!
THANK YOU ANDRE AND VENOMHATCH!! You don't know what it means to get both of your approval...lol. Also thank you for running such great threads and being a wealth of information. Choosing a resort is such a scary thing but you both make it very easy. My DS5 loves looking at Andre's website to find all the "super fun" things to do and see. Please feel free to use my letter any way you want.
This time in 11 days we will be finishing a luau at Polynesian and heading to POR for our first night of sleep. I can truly say I have no worries about staying there. Between you both and all the great people who post on the boards, I know I'm going to love it!
Old 09-21-2013, 02:33 AM   #152
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseiden420 View Post
I know I'm going to love it!
Yup, I think you probably will! Have a great time.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #153
MomofTwinPrincesses
Mouseketeer

We checked in on Thursday. We sent our fax six days out and didn't get any of our requests. Don't know if they didn't get it or didn't want to give us any of our requests. We got a refrigerator delivered about an hour after checking in and calling to request it. We also did not get the building (Oak Manor) that our travel agent had requested. We are still happy to be here!
Old 09-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #154
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Riverside Request Draft - Review?

Venomhatch and Andre -

Suggestions, critiques, ideas are welcome. Thank you. Is using a fun font for any of this a bad idea - i put the words prince and princess in sparkly font in my letter. let me know.... I am a bit of a dork

Hi there Cast Members!

From October 11-18th my family of four and my mother-in-law and father-in-law will be having a blast together at Walt Disney World and at Port Orleans Riverside resort. The World is one of our favorite places and we – especially the prince and princess – are looking forward to staying at Riverside for the first time.

Speaking of the prince and princess – they have asked me to see if we could stay in a Mansion building on the second floor. Why? Well, so that they may “walk elegantly up and down the pretty staircases everyday” of course. They have loved the grand central staircases ever since our Sassagoula River walks past the Mansion buildings while staying at your sister resort.

But first and foremost, Mom and Dad would like to request a connecting room with Gram and Papa’s room as they are a huge help with said prince and princess. And they are pretty fun too! We have booked two garden view rooms.

We sincerely appreciate your assistance in helping us with these requests and understand that they cannot be guaranteed. Thank you for your time!

Excitedly,
Us (our name and my inlaws)

Requests:
1. Connecting Rooms (both #'s and names)
2. Mansion Building
3. 2nd Floor – so that the prince and princess may walk elegantly up and down the grand staircases 
4. One refrigerator between the two rooms would be great if at all possible.

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Sydnerella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #155
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnerella View Post
Venomhatch and Andre -

Suggestions, critiques, ideas are welcome. Thank you. Is using a fun font for any of this a bad idea - i put the words prince and princess in sparkly font in my letter. let me know.... I am a bit of a dork

Hi there Cast Members!

From October 11-18th my family of four and my mother-in-law and father-in-law will be having a blast together at Walt Disney World and at Port Orleans Riverside resort. The World is one of our favorite places and we – especially the prince and princess – are looking forward to staying at Riverside for the first time.

Speaking of the prince and princess – they have asked me to see if we could stay in a Mansion building on the second floor. Why? Well, so that they may “walk elegantly up and down the pretty staircases everyday” of course. They have loved the grand central staircases ever since our Sassagoula River walks past the Mansion buildings while staying at your sister resort.

But first and foremost, Mom and Dad would like to request a connecting room with Gram and Papa’s room as they are a huge help with said prince and princess. And they are pretty fun too! We have booked two garden view rooms.

We sincerely appreciate your assistance in helping us with these requests and understand that they cannot be guaranteed. Thank you for your time!

Excitedly,
Us (our name and my inlaws)

Requests:
1. Connecting Rooms (both #'s and names)
2. Mansion Building
3. 2nd Floor – so that the prince and princess may walk elegantly up and down the grand staircases 
4. One refrigerator between the two rooms would be great if at all possible.
Looks good to me. Id give you the best room I could if I saw that come across my desk. Lol. But make sure to put the important info at the top of the fax as well that was on my template.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #156
Shuggie5864
Earning My Ears

Hello! I am in the process of writing my letter that I plan to fax a few days before our October 18-28th trip to Disney and Port Orleans Riverside. We have 2 garden view rooms booked, and we are traveling with an 8,6, and 2 year old. Grammy and Pappy are in the 2nd room. Can I request rooms in the Magnolia Bend section or will I need rooms in the AB section since we would 5 in a room? We stayed in Acadian House last time, but there were only four in our family then. We liked the location, but didn't know where we can request for our situation. Thanks in advance for all of your help!
Shuggie5864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:36 AM   #157
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuggie5864 View Post
We have 2 garden view rooms booked, and we are traveling with an 8,6, and 2 year old. Grammy and Pappy are in the 2nd room. Can I request rooms in the Magnolia Bend section or will I need rooms in the AB section since we would 5 in a room?
Yes, you can request Magnolia Bend as one of the children is under three years old and so doesn't count towards room occupancy limits.

Or you could just add all the kids onto Grammy and Pappy's room and get some sneaky peace and quiet.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #158
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

Yes, you can request Magnolia Bend as one of the children is under three years old and so doesn't count towards room occupancy limits.

Or you could just add all the kids onto Grammy and Pappy's room and get some sneaky peace and quiet.

Andre
LOL! I agree with Andre! If I could convince "Grammy and "Pappy" to go, I would certainly try this! : )

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 work trip DW Beach Club
May '01 work trip DL Grand Californian
May '02 work trip DW Boardwalk
May '03 work trip DW Yacht Club
May '04 work trip DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #159
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

We leave in 26 days and already did online check-in. Our friends leave in 28 days. We are all celebrating wedding anniversaries, us 10 years and our friends 30. So my question is that we would all love to stay in alligator bayou, so should we just send one fax with both our reservation numbers or separate faxes with both our reservation numbers?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
CDolacki2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #160
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDolacki2003 View Post
We leave in 26 days and already did online check-in. Our friends leave in 28 days. We are all celebrating wedding anniversaries, us 10 years and our friends 30. So my question is that we would all love to stay in alligator bayou, so should we just send one fax with both our reservation numbers or separate faxes with both our reservation numbers?
Thanks.

I would do both together like that. It would certainly be clearer than sending two faxes then the Room Manager trying to track down their fax and requests also.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #161
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I would do both together like that. It would certainly be clearer than sending two faxes then the Room Manager trying to track down their fax and requests also.
Thanks for the fax template. We are arriving Saturday, and my DH is faxing our info tomorrow...need fridge bc DH is diabetic and has meds that need to be refrigerated, also asked for a top floor, corner room bc we're light sleepers. I saw your info of where to fax. My question is...is there a certain "department" he should indicate on the fax cover sheet, i.e. is there a name of the department that handles room requests? Thanks!
TDDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #162
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDDisney View Post
Thanks for the fax template. We are arriving Saturday, and my DH is faxing our info tomorrow...need fridge bc DH is diabetic and has meds that need to be refrigerated, also asked for a top floor, corner room bc we're light sleepers. I saw your info of where to fax. My question is...is there a certain "department" he should indicate on the fax cover sheet, i.e. is there a name of the department that handles room requests? Thanks!
Yeah no problem. Make sure to note the Medical needs for the fridge and they will make sure you get one. Medical reasons take priority. I just mention attention room assignment team or room assignment manager. It will get through to the right CMs.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #163
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Venom your the best

Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
CDolacki2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #164
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDolacki2003 View Post
Thanks Venom your the best

No problem.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #165
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

October 11 arrival at POR?

Should I send my fax today/now (one week in advance) or wait until 4-5 days prior (Monday)
Thanks a BUNCH
Sydnerella's Mama

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Sydnerella is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: