Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #136
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,873

Thank you Andre for helping me out. I just haven't been on top of this for the obvious reason.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #137
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Thank you Andre for helping me out. I just haven't been on top of this for the obvious reason.
No worries, I'm usually around most days anyway.

Hope things are not too bad at the moment and that you are all coping.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #138
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,873

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
No worries, I'm usually around most days anyway.

Hope things are not too bad at the moment and that you are all coping.

Andre
Like a roller coaster, some days are good others are not so good.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #139
3forWDW
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kiln, MS
Posts: 83

Traveling to POFQ on Wednesday Sept 25th for 4 night stay. Planning on faxing a request mainly to ask for a 1st floor room since we won't be arriving til approx. 2 a.m. in the morning and don't want to disturb anybody in rooms below us.
2 questions -- 1) I am faxing from work so should I send in on Friday, Sept. 20th (5 days out) or wait til Monday, Sept. 23rd (2 days out). Seems too close one way, but too far out the other way??? 2) Should I be concerned that by arriving so late at night (into the next morning) that I will just be given whatever room remains. I paid for a riverview, requesting building 5, but would gladly take building 4 or 3, even though different (cheaper) category. Just hoping we don't get building 1,6, or 7 because I really don't think we would like the quiet, peaceful area as much as the 16 year old son would like being closer to the pool and food court!!
__________________
_________________________
Me DH DS16 == Our Family of 3

Offsite Oct 1991 (Honeymoon); Offsite Oct 2000 (1st Trip For DS (3 yrs. old); All Star Sports Sept 2002; Pop Century Sept 2005 (Evacuation from Hurricane Katrina Trip!!) Free Dining ; All Star Movies Sept 2006 Free Dining; Pop Century Sept 2007 MNSSHP & Free Dining; All Star Sports Dec 2008 MVMCP & Christmas Lights; All Star Movies Nov 2009 Thanksgiving & Free Dining; Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2013 Free Dining

3forWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #140
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,458

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3forWDW View Post
1) I am faxing from work so should I send in on Friday, Sept. 20th (5 days out) or wait til Monday, Sept. 23rd (2 days out). Seems too close one way, but too far out the other way??? 2) Should I be concerned that by arriving so late at night (into the next morning) that I will just be given whatever room remains.
5 days out is absolutely fine, especially as you're not asking for a category change. I assume you have already done Online Checkin and asked for a ground floor room there too?

Let them know in you fax how late you are going to be arriving, and explain the reason for your request and your worry that all the building 5 rooms might have gone by then.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #141
3forWDW
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kiln, MS
Posts: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
5 days out is absolutely fine, especially as you're not asking for a category change. I assume you have already done Online Checkin and asked for a ground floor room there too?

Let them know in you fax how late you are going to be arriving, and explain the reason for your request and your worry that all the building 5 rooms might have gone by then.

Andre
I haven't done on-line check in yet. I wasn't sure if requests on reservation and then faxing was better or if I should do all three. But I will do it tonite (cuz I think you and Venom are the experts and I would have been lost in this whole process if it wasnt for both of yall's help and answers!!) Will also go back in my fax and mention my concern about rooms being gone. Thanks bunches for all your help and advice!!
__________________
_________________________
Me DH DS16 == Our Family of 3

Offsite Oct 1991 (Honeymoon); Offsite Oct 2000 (1st Trip For DS (3 yrs. old); All Star Sports Sept 2002; Pop Century Sept 2005 (Evacuation from Hurricane Katrina Trip!!) Free Dining ; All Star Movies Sept 2006 Free Dining; Pop Century Sept 2007 MNSSHP & Free Dining; All Star Sports Dec 2008 MVMCP & Christmas Lights; All Star Movies Nov 2009 Thanksgiving & Free Dining; Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2013 Free Dining

3forWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:40 PM   #142
4bananas
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 55

I sent off my fax & thank you again for all that you both do!!
__________________
Me~ DH~ DS(4)~ DD(3)~





Sept '13 - POR (Disneymoon)
4bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:57 AM   #143
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,458

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3forWDW View Post
I haven't done on-line check in yet. I wasn't sure if requests on reservation and then faxing was better or if I should do all three.
If you do decide to do all three, first get your requests added to your original booking by calling the Disney Reservation Center. Then do online checkin. Then send your fax 3-5 days out, after the first two have been done.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #144
3PRINCESSMOM
Used to be 3PRINCESSMOM, but alas she nows has a PRINCE
 
3PRINCESSMOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 777

"No answer" at POR fax all morning???

I have faxed via the printer/fax at home a few times; but not often. The few times I've done it, I've been successful. Today I continue to get "no answer" at POR fax (1-407-934-5777).

I am wondering if there is problem with my fax or at POR...??? Anybody else having issues this morning? HELP!!! We leave Tuesday morning, and I am hoping to be granted my requests, as I have in the past.
__________________
3PRINCESSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #145
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,458

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PRINCESSMOM View Post
I am wondering if there is problem with my fax or at POR...??? Anybody else having issues this morning? HELP!!! We leave Tuesday morning, and I am hoping to be granted my requests, as I have in the past.
You could try calling the voice line and ask to be put through to someone on-site at the resort, or even try the POFQ fax number as they all end up in the same office to be processed.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #146
tkbbmom
Mouseketeer
 
tkbbmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 215

I apologize if this is the wrong thread to be asking, but we are getting ready to do on-line check-in -- we're 59 days out. We are booked in POR/ 2 RR River view -- in looking at the maps it looks like any of the River View rooms will give short-distance access to walking to Main building/bus stop so no need to make a request for close room. Am I correct in that? DD has had ankle/foot surgery and we have purposely planned a longer trip to give her time to make daily rests w/ her foot up and icing it but thinking any steps we can limit would be helpful. I'm assuming that each building has an ice machine where we can get ice each day?

Also, do I need to request a refrigerator for medical reasons if our TA already put it on our reservation? Our youngest has medical issues that require two of his meds to be refrigerated.

I've been reading about the special cleaning - how exactly does that work? Youngest has severe/persistent asthma/allergies and while he looks like a small line-backer he is considered "medically fragile". On one trip to Disney our room had been smoked in and after one night in the room he was very sick and needed breathing treatments the rest of the trip. So, would I just explain his medical needs and ask for more deep cleaning, dusting, etc.? Not exactly sure what to ask for?
__________________
tkbbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #147
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,458

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbbmom View Post
in looking at the maps it looks like any of the River View rooms will give short-distance access to walking to Main building/bus stop so no need to make a request for close room.

Also, do I need to request a refrigerator for medical reasons if our TA already put it on our reservation?

I've been reading about the special cleaning - how exactly does that work?
Ask for a VIP/Deep Clean for medical reasons - and explain what the possible medical issues are so they are aware in case specific cleaning products are needed, etc. There is no harm in mentioning your medical need for a fridge too while you are faxing, even if it is already on your reservation.

You are right that the River View Royal Rooms are all relatively close to the main building, but some of the ones over in the far section of Parterre Place are still a bit of a trek. I would mention this in your fax too, as obviously in order to have the room deep-cleaned they will need to pre-assign your room number rather than being able to alter it at checkin.

All floors in each of the mansion buildings (where the Royal Rooms are located) have several Ice Machines.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #148
jseiden420
Mouseketeer
 
jseiden420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 157

Just sent my fax

11 Days out and I just sent my fax. Fingers crossed I get my requests for a fridge and ground floor corner room. We ordered from garden grocer so having a fridge would be pretty important. Thank you Venomhatch for your template! It made wording my fax so much easier. For a little personalized touch I added a graphic of "DISNEY" at the top that has Halloween touches. Unfortunately, i couldn't add it to the post.



Disneys Port Orleans Riverside Resort
Attn: Room Assignment Team
September 19, 2013
Resort Confirmation# *******

Hello to you and your fellow Cast Members at the Happiest Place on Earth!

On October 1st, my Family and I will be vacationing at Walt Disney World and staying at Port Orleans Riverside resort for the first time! We have been looking forward to this trip from for a long time and can’t wait to spend ten days having fun. We would really appreciate it if you could possibly accommodate a room request for us. When we did online check-in we requested a first floor corner room. This would really help because we will be using a double stroller and the first floor keeps me from carrying a sleeping 5 year old and 2 year old up the steps! We reserved a garden view Royal Room as part of our reservation and have been looking at all the videos and pictures we can find at my 2 year old daughters request. I have been reading about all the problems with refrigerators and was also hoping to have a refrigerator in our room. We don’t have a medical need for it and would not want to leave someone who does without one, but we did order from Garden Grocer so if a fridge isn’t available we would just need a recommendation on where to buy a small throw-away cooler. We understand that these are requests but if you can help us out with a little Pixie Dust we would be extremely grateful!


Sincerely,

James, Keri, Landon and Madison



P.S. We can’t wait to use our magic bands!!
__________________
Fort Wilderness Camping 2010, CBR Christmas 2012, POR Oct 2013 , POFQ Dec 2014!
jseiden420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:27 AM   #149
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,458

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseiden420 View Post
11 Days out and I just sent my fax.
Looks perfect to me. Not over long, but still covering the points politely and without coming over as too pushy or demanding - and with plenty of Disney enthusiasm in there for good measure! Also, it doesn't read like an edited form letter.

I hope you get your requests granted.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:11 AM   #150
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,873

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseiden420 View Post
11 Days out and I just sent my fax. Fingers crossed I get my requests for a fridge and ground floor corner room. We ordered from garden grocer so having a fridge would be pretty important. Thank you Venomhatch for your template! It made wording my fax so much easier. For a little personalized touch I added a graphic of "DISNEY" at the top that has Halloween touches. Unfortunately, i couldn't add it to the post.



Disneys Port Orleans Riverside Resort
Attn: Room Assignment Team
September 19, 2013
Resort Confirmation# *******

Hello to you and your fellow Cast Members at the Happiest Place on Earth!

On October 1st, my Family and I will be vacationing at Walt Disney World and staying at Port Orleans Riverside resort for the first time! We have been looking forward to this trip from for a long time and can’t wait to spend ten days having fun. We would really appreciate it if you could possibly accommodate a room request for us. When we did online check-in we requested a first floor corner room. This would really help because we will be using a double stroller and the first floor keeps me from carrying a sleeping 5 year old and 2 year old up the steps! We reserved a garden view Royal Room as part of our reservation and have been looking at all the videos and pictures we can find at my 2 year old daughters request. I have been reading about all the problems with refrigerators and was also hoping to have a refrigerator in our room. We don’t have a medical need for it and would not want to leave someone who does without one, but we did order from Garden Grocer so if a fridge isn’t available we would just need a recommendation on where to buy a small throw-away cooler. We understand that these are requests but if you can help us out with a little Pixie Dust we would be extremely grateful!


Sincerely,

James, Keri, Landon and Madison



P.S. We can’t wait to use our magic bands!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Looks perfect to me. Not over long, but still covering the points politely and without coming over as too pushy or demanding - and with plenty of Disney enthusiasm in there for good measure! Also, it doesn't read like an edited form letter.

I hope you get your requests granted.

Andre
To you both. Yeah agreed this letter is perfect. You never want to make it too long they may feel like your telling them what you want, and not asking for it. Also no one wants to read a book of requests, lol. But your letter looks great and thank you Andre for helping out!
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: