Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 07:41 AM   #1
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Checkout/back in question

I have booked a Keys to the Kingdom tour on the morning we are suppose to check out/ check back in. Is that going to be a problem?
We have to "check out" and back in at CSR because our stay is 17 days and our package is only 14. I just fear that we will have to switch rooms or something
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
mike the canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:55 AM   #2
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Just remind the person at the front desk at check in for the first night that you have a continuing reservation to make sure you have been blocked into the same room.

Or, have you considered, changing it up and making the first reservation 13 days and the second one 4...this way, your check in/out day isn't that same day?

Also, if you have not done so already, make sure Disney has that noted the reservation number on both as a continuing reservation.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old Today, 08:14 AM   #3
rwdavis2
DIS Veteran

I don't think the tour has any relationship with room reservations does it?
rwdavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:28 AM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck View Post
I have booked a Keys to the Kingdom tour on the morning we are suppose to check out/ check back in. Is that going to be a problem?
We have to "check out" and back in at CSR because our stay is 17 days and our package is only 14. I just fear that we will have to switch rooms or something
Make sure you put a request on the reservation to keep the same room and have the 2 reservations linked. Also, as the pp said, when you check in for the first reservation, tell the CM that you have a continuing reservation and would like to keep the same room if possible. It isn't guaranteed that you won't have to change rooms, but the CM will do everything he/she can to accommodate you.
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:37 AM   #5
gwynne
DIS Veteran

I have to check out/check back in at a resort fairly frequently. It is always possible you will have to move. However, I think it really helps to avoid a move if you do a few things:

I ask the CM to briefly mention it in the requests when I book, including reservation #'s.
When checking in, I mention it.
The afternoon/evening before I will check out/back in, I go down to the check in desk to make sure all is well.
I've never had to move. They tell me I can come down after 7am and get my new keys. It's really easy.

And of course, make sure you book the exact same room type for both stays. They probably aren't going to go for someone staying in a more expensive "water view room" if the guest selected "standard" for their last two nights.
Old Today, 10:14 AM   #6
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
Just remind the person at the front desk at check in for the first night that you have a continuing reservation to make sure you have been blocked into the same room. Or, have you considered, changing it up and making the first reservation 13 days and the second one 4...this way, your check in/out day isn't that same day? Also, if you have not done so already, make sure Disney has that noted the reservation number on both as a continuing reservation.

Ok I'll remind them. I think I will call them and let them know ahead of time.
I didn't want to change the length of my package because it will save me money on my Magic Your Way park tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwdavis2 View Post
I don't think the tour has any relationship with room reservations does it?
I'm just worried about missing the tour if there is a problem with the check out/in and possibly changing rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Make sure you put a request on the reservation to keep the same room and have the 2 reservations linked. Also, as the pp said, when you check in for the first reservation, tell the CM that you have a continuing reservation and would like to keep the same room if possible. It isn't guaranteed that you won't have to change rooms, but the CM will do everything he/she can to accommodate you.
Thanks. I will call and do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
I have to check out/check back in at a resort fairly frequently. It is always possible you will have to move. However, I think it really helps to avoid a move if you do a few things: I ask the CM to briefly mention it in the requests when I book, including reservation #'s. When checking in, I mention it. The afternoon/evening before I will check out/back in, I go down to the check in desk to make sure all is well. I've never had to move. They tell me I can come down after 7am and get my new keys. It's really easy. And of course, make sure you book the exact same room type for both stays. They probably aren't going to go for someone staying in a more expensive "water view room" if the guest selected "standard" for their last two nights.
Ok thanks. I will keep on top of reminding them to avoid any problems.
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
mike the canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:07 AM   #7
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck View Post
I'm just worried about missing the tour if there is a problem with the check out/in and possibly changing rooms.
I don't know what time the tour is, but you can check in as early as 6 am, which is when he computers roll over for the day.
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: