Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2014, 09:22 AM   #166
Q-man
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoWiJo View Post
If they did build a park in Texas, I wonder how they'd handle the characters when the temps hit 100° for several days in a row. Or when it hits 105-110°.
Ever noticed that most of the meet n greets at WDW are under shade structures and the characters are usually on stage for 50 mins at a time or less? Plus I bet they now use the gel vests that you refrigerate. Also, Houston rarely gets to those temps, you mention, from being so close to the Gulf.

Funny thing is I've backed off Houston as an ideal location due to not having as regular of summertime afternoon tropical showers as Orlando does to cool things back off.

Gambling being approved in Texas at this time is a pipe dream. The Tea Party Right would have every politician that voted for it, not from the Democrat heavy major metropolitan areas, out the next election.

Last edited by Q-man; 06-21-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:25 PM   #167
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Couldn't all of the character meet and greets be inside? They could even bring back the bubbles in the parade (what parade was that?) to keep the characters cooler.

I don't agree that Universal Orlando is regional nowadays. It might have been at one time but no longer.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2014, 06:00 PM   #168
JoWiJo
Longing to go back

If I were one of the main forum users, I would be so tempted come next April 1 to make a thread saying that a new Texas park is confirmed, and it will be the Dark Kingdom originally planned for WDW. I'd have a fake article quoted and everything.

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-man View Post
Ever noticed that most of the meet n greets at WDW are under shade structures and the characters are usually on stage for 50 mins at a time or less? Plus I bet they now use the gel vests that you refrigerate. Also, Houston rarely gets to those temps, you mention, from being so close to the Gulf.
If I recall correctly, this thread had migrated to mentioning Dallas, San Antonio, and any point in or near the 10/35/45 triangle, not just Houston. But yeah, you are correct, I was using some temperature extremes, yet plausible ones. To be honest, it usually won't quite hit 105° in Dallas. Maybe a few days per year it gets there. Still, 100° for a week or longer in summer is quite common. Meanwhile, the heat index frequently gets above 105° during the dog days of summer up in North Texas.

For the record, even though I had this area in mind when I made that post, Houston and San Antonio make a lot more sense for locations.

I would hope that you are correct about cooling suits, and would expect them to use them myself, but from what I've read in the past (grain of salt), they either don't or what they use is minimally effective. If someone comes along and says that they absolutely do use them, I won't debate the point. I simply don't know whether they are used.

By the way, temperature is measured in the shade, so when there is a meet and greet in the shade and it's 100° outside, it's 100° where they are standing, and not a degree cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
Couldn't all of the character meet and greets be inside? They could even bring back the bubbles in the parade (what parade was that?) to keep the characters cooler.
Obviously, if they built a park in Texas, most characters would have to move inside on certain days, especially in the summer.
Fourth visit 2009 -- Celebrated birthday by visiting Animal Kingdom.
Next visit -- Who knows?
JoWiJo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: