Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2014, 06:38 PM   #1
TooExcitedCantSleep
I can't with you basic chicks

Disney’s 'Descendants': Meet the kids of Maleficent, Jafar, and Cruella de Vil

This is a complete YAWN!!!!! By the time Disney gets done with rewriting all the villains stories as being "misunderstood" because something bad happened to them----- there won't be any villains left!! It might turn out to be pretty good though. I can see a lot kids relating to the story!!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/16/disney-descendants/#

Ever wonder what kind of a mother Cruella de Vil would be? You’ll find out in Disney Channel’s newest original movie Descendants, a live-action endeavor starring the children of some of the Mouse House’s most iconic heritage characters.

"In the musical adventure comedy (due on your TV in 2015), the kingdom’s worst baddies have been exiled to the Isle of the Lost, a remote prison cut off from the world. After 20 years, Ben—the son of Belle and the Beast, and heir apparent to the throne—makes his first proclamation to free the children of the villains and offer them redemption. Thus, we meet our main quartet— Mal (Dove Cameron), Jay (****oo Stewart), Evie (Sofia Carson) and Carlos (Cameron Boyce)—as they attend a prep school where they encounter other offspring of Disney heroes (including Mulan’s daughter Lonnie, Cinderella’s son Chad, and Dopey’s son Doug).

Will the teens carry out their parents’ evil wishes, or will they forge their own identities? Whether or not they do, at least we know that they’ll look ever so similar to their famous parents. Check out a first look at Descendants, which also stars Kristin Chenoweth as Maleficent, Kathy Najimy as the Evil Queen, Maz Jobrani as Jafar, and Wendy Raquel Robinson as Cruella de Vil."
Old 06-18-2014, 08:03 PM   #2
dramadrew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooExcitedCantSleep View Post

Will the teens carry out their parents’ evil wishes, or will they forge their own identities? Whether or not they do, at least we know that they’ll look ever so similar to their famous parents. Check out a first look at Descendants, which also stars Kristin Chenoweth as Maleficent, Kathy Najimy as the Evil Queen, Maz Jobrani as Jafar, and Wendy Raquel Robinson as Cruella de Vil."[/B]
Um are the actors casts as the parents supposed to be parodies? Kristin Chenoweth as the evil Maleficent. Kathy Najimy as the evil queen (like her witch in Hocus Pocus?) Oh boy...
dramadrew is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2014, 01:39 AM   #3
TooExcitedCantSleep
I can't with you basic chicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramadrew View Post
Um are the actors casts as the parents supposed to be parodies? Kristin Chenoweth as the evil Maleficent. Kathy Najimy as the evil queen (like her witch in Hocus Pocus?) Oh boy...
Haha!! "Oh boy" sounds about right!!
Old 06-21-2014, 01:36 AM   #4
BrytEydBelle
Mouseketeer

I personally am psyched for this primarily for Kristin Chenowith. I will see anything with her I'm it. Entertainment weekly has a photo of some of the actors in costume and I think they look pretty good,

2011 - MNSSHP, 2008 Spring Break Offsite, 2003 Offsite, 1999 Dixie Landings, 1997 Dixie Landings, 1995 Offsite, 1994 POFQ, Lots of offsite day trips 1982-1994.
BrytEydBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 02:55 PM   #5
bitty246
Compulsive lurker since 2008

Looks like Disney's response to Ever After High.... my 5 year old daughter is going to love it.
bitty246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:06 PM   #6
Dfan79
Mouseketeer

That sounds pretty lame, but I guess this movie is made just for kids.
Dfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:16 PM   #7
ktlm
DIS Veteran

I agree with Bitty246, sounds like they realized how popular the Ever After High books and dolls are right now. My DD(8) likes to give me a full synopsis of those books when she is reading them- I've heard all about Snow White's daughter, Apple, and the Evil Queen's daughter, Raven. My DD is gonna love it. She loves all those Disney channel kids movies (I can't tell you how many times we've seen Teen Beach Movie, and I am currently reminded almost every day to be sure the DVR is set for Zendaya's new movie Zapped which is coming out soon), but she is going to flip out over this one.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: