Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #121
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfmco View Post

Wasn't trolling, just sharing a tidbit I was told by a CM friend many moons ago.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
As a current CM I can ensure you I've never heard then called "the projects". Heck most of us stay at them if we need to stay on property.

Now some of us may have more to share with you depending in the resort but I never treat anyone differently because of where they are staying.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #122
Patience
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeimabe View Post
The last time I was at WDW I was staying at the Poly. I had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at GF. They asked me at the podium where I was staying. I was dining with family that was staying at POFQ but I had made the reservation. I wondered afterwards why they cared where i was staying. I had never had anyone ask before. It wasn't like they were making small talk. They weren't overly friendly and not chatty at all. Just how many and what resort are you staying at. Seemed like they had a reason for asking but I still have no idea what it was.
We had the same experience at 1900 Park Fare during our 2011 trip. They asked how many and what resort we were staying at and they weren't being chatty, just very matter of fact. That was the only time we were asked that question at a restaurant and I did kind of wonder why they wanted to know.

Last edited by Patience; 05-26-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #123
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

We have been asked many times in the past when checking in at restaurants! First they ask if we have DDP then ask what resort we are staying at, I believe they are verifying info b/c if something goes wonky they can put the charge on your room then it's left to you to get it fixed if there is an issue..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #124
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

We have stayed in all Mods & all Values. I have never felt inferior to anyone, nor have I been treated better or worse - based on Value or Mod status.

We're outgoing people, and we usually strike up conversation with others while in line. We will talk to people staying at Resort ABC or Resort LMN - it just doesn't matter.

We're all at Disney because we all love Mickey & the gang! No caste system here!
Old 05-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #125
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

I was asked to name my resort on about half of the restaurants I went to this past visit, just after they asked about the DDP. Never gave it a second thought.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #126
StephyDee
One day the tag fairy will pity me enough to give me an awesome tag. Until then?.....BACON AND DUCKS! >:D

Honestly I consider it a privilege just to be AT WDW period. The vast majority of people in the world aren't able to even visit this place once, whether it be for monetary reasons, location, etc. So just for me to be able to go even once makes me grateful.

It's silly for others to put people down just because of what hotel they're staying at. I mean, we ALL decided to go to the same travel destination, didn't we? That's what matters.

My Ultimate Dream: To see Walt Disney World during Christmas time...and not worry about how much it costs to reach that dream...*sigh*
StephyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #127
DisneyDorx
Welcome to the Dork Side!!!

Just read the posts....snobbery? Naw........
DisneyDorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:43 AM   #128
mousefan73
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post
Like I said, I don't think it's snobbery to put the deluxe buses near the entrance, not because a deluxe guest deserves more but just because the sheer number of guests staying on value needs the extra space being by the end of the bus station gives them.

BTW special treatment for me would be if they served complimentary refreshments/snacks on the deluxe buses. Having to walk 100 feet instead of 200 is not special treatment nor a perk, it's just a matter of logistics.
I dont think this would ne unfair. In fact a great idea for the deluxes. If I fly first class I expect a free drink. I am paying for it. It's called product differentiation. We have only stayed in mods, but I would be pssed if i am paying 400 a night at a deluxe and someone at a value has a shorter walk to buses. What am I then paying for?? IMO this is why I feel the deluxes are overpriced, for those prices I would expect more little extra things. You are paying for it.
mousefan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:48 AM   #129
mousefan73
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post
I'm for that idea.
What about firemen, police and even teachers who nowadays put their lives on the line. Nurses, drs etc. as much as I respect veterans, the are not the only ones who need to be put on a pedestal.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:16 AM   #130
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by disd55 View Post
We've stayed at a multitude of resorts. Never a Value, but I wouldn't mind trying AOA. I probably wouldn't enjoy any other Value. The thing is, once you stay at a Deluxe, you feel so spoiled by all the amenities it offers that Moderates and Values don't even compare to it. You just don't feel Moderates and Values fit the par. It's not really snobbery, but I do feel CM's compete with each other for the most enjoyed/popular resort. I've never seen snobbery between vacationers.
this isn't true of a lot of guests. we have stayed at all "levels" of resorts. we like to mix it up. we often do split stays. we just had a great time at the boardwalk, boardwalk view. preceded by a couple nights at pop, and some at AOA (LM room). so next trip will probably be at one of our favorites, a Moderate resort.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:23 AM   #131
smidgy
dimples

also, if you have the time in your schedule to stay longer, you have more options....
example: 6 nights at a Deluxe, say, 9 nights, at a moderate, 12 at a value? (ok, just threw those numbers out there, but you get the idea) sometimes we go for the longer trips at a resort that costs less. cause we have the time.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:59 AM   #132
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

You know I never even thought of this before. I always book values because the price point works well for us and we like it. We like to stay for 12 days and we shop a lot in the parks values make sense for us. One day I would like to stay at POFQ but won't feel better or worst about myself for it. I'm just happy for what we have

TARAMEOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:11 AM   #133
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post
I was asked to name my resort on about half of the restaurants I went to this past visit, just after they asked about the DDP. Never gave it a second thought.
Yup us too. We are almost always asked when we check in at the podium if we are staying on property, and which resort.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:17 AM   #134
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan73 View Post
I dont think this would ne unfair. In fact a great idea for the deluxes. If I fly first class I expect a free drink. I am paying for it. It's called product differentiation. We have only stayed in mods, but I would be pssed if i am paying 400 a night at a deluxe and someone at a value has a shorter walk to buses. What am I then paying for?? IMO this is why I feel the deluxes are overpriced, for those prices I would expect more little extra things. You are paying for it.
You are getting what you paid more for, a nicer resort with more amenities. The bus service is not part of what you pay for at your resort, it is a separate entity. There is no line on your reservation that shows a bus service fee, and that you are paying more for it than guests at moderate and value resorts.

To have your comparison make sense the aircraft would have to stop at the gate closest to the terminal for first class passengers, and at gates farther back for coach passengers. You pay for the flight and what extras that include. Not for your drop off spot.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:53 AM   #135
mousefan73
DIS Veteran

I respectfully disagree here. There are many services that you will not find itemized. I work for an airline. Our first class passengers don't even have to go to the gate. They get dropped off and picked up directly at the aircraft and are brought directly to baggage claim. No walking for them.

I am also pretty sure that when disney managment discussed the bus stops they had everything mapped out and most definately more focus was placed on their premium customers (deluxe ) and hours were spent going back and forth over how many more steps this bus stop has vs. that one.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: