Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #106
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I did an all resorts, no parks trip a few years ago. I used parks buses to get to the resorts and just picked the first parks bus that came along.

Both days I went to GF/CR/Poly, the buses were the most remotely located at DHS. Did not matter.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #107
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
I did an all resorts, no parks trip a few years ago. I used parks buses to get to the resorts and just picked the first parks bus that came along.

Both days I went to GF/CR/Poly, the buses were the most remotely located at DHS. Did not matter.
that sounds like fun.
Did you simply visit other resorts,or actually stay at a variety of resorts?
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #108
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodycat View Post
I don't think it's snobbery to put deluxe buses closer to the entrance. Deluxe should mean that guests get the most convenient and luxurious treatment.
You are paying for the resort to be deluxe, not the bus service. I think it is that way on purpose, so not to have some kind of obvious class distinction between deluxe/moderate/value guests.

In fact, I have found the deluxe resorts to have some of the worst bus service I've run into during my stays at WDW.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #109
toodycat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post

That sounds amazing. I would totally spend a day doing that.

@Maxie's Mom---I only mean it would make sense to me to have the deluxe buses closer to the entrance. To be honest, we like to stay on the monorail whenever possible. When we don't we rent a car, so my bus experience is limited.
Polynesian 06, 00
Wilderness Lodge 05 Grand Californian 04
Animal Kingdom Lodge 02, 10 Coronado 02, 01
Disney Magic 12, 09, 06, 02, 01
Disney Wonder 05
offsite 83, 89, 91
toodycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:19 AM   #110
maxiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodycat View Post

@Maxie's Mom---I only mean it would make sense to me to have the deluxe buses closer to the entrance. To be honest, we like to stay on the monorail whenever possible. When we don't we rent a car, so my bus experience is limited.
To Disney bus service is bus service. Having better bus service, or stops closer to the park entrance, is not part of the price you pay for staying at a deluxe resort. Bus service is totally separate from resort services.

Also, they are known to shuffle the stops around a bit, if they need to do some repairs at them. I know too that many times the bus will drop us off at whatever spot is handy, not necessarily the one dedicated to that resort.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #111
Tink415
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
Your last sentence,so true.

I think my own personal experiences seem to have rarely been repeated with others,so that's good.
I remember quite clearly though when we first stayed at pop,a dvc rep actually told my ds we were in a value resort,and we should aim higher.
I was not impressed,and obviously scarred

I think naming resorts value,moderate and deluxe is obviously descriptive,but in no way an actual reflection of a Disney resort stay.
That DVC rep had a lot to learn. Obviously, Disney is very very good at getting people to part with their money in many ways, but comments like that are not typical.
Tink415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #112
swfmco
Earning My Ears

I know for a fact that the CM's internal code for value resorts is "the projects".

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
swfmco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #113
MrEVILdrPorkchop2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfmco View Post
I know for a fact that the CM's internal code for value resorts is "the projects".

Not really impressed by this. We have stayed all levels usually Deluxe, sometimes moderate but one trip we did stay at Pop because that is where our friends could afford to go. I never felt like we were in " the projects", just a great resort that seemed to have a great vibe. All I can say is shame on those CM's.
MrEVILdrPorkchop2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #114
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That's ridiculous cause you can certainly get a cheaper rate at the econolodge! Lol

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #115
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEVILdrPorkchop2u View Post
Not really impressed by this. We have stayed all levels usually Deluxe, sometimes moderate but one trip we did stay at Pop because that is where our friends could afford to go. I never felt like we were in " the projects", just a great resort that seemed to have a great vibe. All I can say is shame on those CM's.
Yes,that's disgraceful.
I'm in the UK,so have never been to the projects.
Only heard/ seen on tv.
Obviously,there are deprived areas throughout UK also,but I have never felt that vibe anywhere anywhere on value property.
In fact,my dh loved all star movies better than por (aside from the pasta!)
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #116
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEVILdrPorkchop2u View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
That's ridiculous cause you can certainly get a cheaper rate at the econolodge! Lol

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
Yes,that's disgraceful.
I'm in the UK,so have never been to the projects.
Only heard/ seen on tv.
Obviously,there are deprived areas throughout UK also,but I have never felt that vibe anywhere anywhere on value property.
In fact,my dh loved all star movies better than por (aside from the pasta!)
Everyone......

This is America. We don't HAVE to respond to every post.

Can't we all just ignore one every once in a while?
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #117
maxiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NC View Post
Everyone......

This is America. We don't HAVE to respond to every post.

Can't we all just ignore one every once in a while?
Especially when that poster is just trying to get a rise out of all of us??? I don't for one minute believe the CMs call the value resorts The Projects.

Don't feed the troll!!!!

Last edited by maxiesmom; 05-26-2013 at 04:38 PM.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #118
swfmco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post

Especially when that poster is just trying to get a rise out of all of us??? I don't for one minute believe the CMs call the value resorts The Projects.

Don't feed the troll!!!!
Wasn't trolling, just sharing a tidbit I was told by a CM friend many moons ago.

swfmco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:52 PM   #119
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Quote:

Then those cm's have likely never been to a real "project" and their ignorance will likely not have them going too far up the ladder of life. Good thing those cm's who coined that term don't have to pay for a family of four to fly 3600 miles round trip, stay up to 14 nights and feed two teenagers to get to WDW or they might find themselves staying in the projects like my family has done many times over the years.

Bottom line, when I am at WDW I have never seen or experienced snobbery or a distinction of service regardless of level I have stayed. The cm's at the values have always been great and from the minute I tell the ME cm's at MCO what resort I am staying at, I feel like I am a valued guest. No matter where I stay. One of the things I love about WDW!

I will also say that the people I bus with from my resort to the parks all look pretty much the same regardless of where I am staying.

Now does this mean I haven't come across some people that are shall we say a bit tacky or rude? Not at all. Like everywhere else, they are at WDW but lucky for all of us, they stay at all levels! Just like really nice people who outnumber the other kind by quite a bit. Thank goodness!

As far as attitude, be it snobbery or defensive behavior, well on the disboards, that's a different story. Its very easy to put on airs, have a chip on your shoulder or anything in between when you are just writing it down on a message forum.

Last edited by Amy&Dan; 05-26-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Amy&Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #120
imabeimabe
Mouseketeer

The last time I was at WDW I was staying at the Poly. I had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at GF. They asked me at the podium where I was staying. I was dining with family that was staying at POFQ but I had made the reservation. I wondered afterwards why they cared where i was staying. I had never had anyone ask before. It wasn't like they were making small talk. They weren't overly friendly and not chatty at all. Just how many and what resort are you staying at. Seemed like they had a reason for asking but I still have no idea what it was.
imabeimabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: