Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #91
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodycat View Post

I don't think it's snobbery to put deluxe buses closer to the entrance. Deluxe should mean that guests get the most convenient and luxurious treatment.
Agreed.
YC GV- January 2015, GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
mariamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #92
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
Agreed.
Are all the buses the same?

We have a hire car,so have probably only used the bus 5 times,but I don't find travelling on a bus luxurious- but being dropped closer is obviously a benefit paid for indirectly.
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #93
toodycat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
Are all the buses the same?

We have a hire car,so have probably only used the bus 5 times,but I don't find travelling on a bus luxurious- but being dropped closer is obviously a benefit paid for indirectly.
Just spoke to DH and he thinks Shades of Greens should always have the first bus stop just as a sign of respect to our veterans. He's not saying that because he's a veteran either. He's just grateful for their service.
Grand Floridian 00, 01, 09 '11 12
Polynesian 06, 00
Wilderness Lodge 05 Grand Californian 04
Animal Kingdom Lodge 02, 10 Coronado 02, 01
Disney Magic 12, 09, 06, 02, 01
Disney Wonder 05
offsite 83, 89, 91
toodycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #94
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just spoke to DH and he thinks Shades of Greens should always have the first bus stop just as a sign of respect to our veterans. He's not saying that because he's a veteran either. He's just grateful for their service.
That's a really nice idea.
Perhaps it will happen someday?
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #95
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Quote:
What a wonderful idea!!!!

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #96
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
I'm all for respecting our veterans. Heck, my DH is one. But surely there are limits. Not everyone at SOG is a veteran. SOG is not even a Disney resort- which is probably one of the reasons the SOG bus (note that these are not WDW buses) drops off at the TTC instead of the regular park bus stops at MK and Epcot. If we were to follow your way of thinking then perhaps veterans should also be given front of the line privileges, too, as a sign of respect. Yeah, I don't see that happening either.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #97
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
I'm all for respecting our veterans. Heck, my DH is one. But surely there are limits. Not everyone at SOG is a veteran. SOG is not even a Disney resort- which is probably one of the reasons the SOG bus (note that these are not WDW buses) drops off at the TTC instead of the regular park bus stops at MK and Epcot. If we were to follow your way of thinking then perhaps veterans should also be given front of the line privileges, too, as a sign of respect. Yeah, I don't see that happening either.
I could live with that.

Not their grandkids and cousins and next door neighbors, but a veteran, his or her spouse, and the kids they share??? Absolutely.

Of course, the logistics would be a nightmare, so it wouldn't happen. But I would gladly spend a few more minutes on each ride (and we go in August, when the lines and temperatures are both high) as a thank you to those who have given so much.

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #98
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
I respect veterans enough to let them in front of me in line.

Doesn't seem like a hard thing to do. US Military ID's are not something you see a whole lot of fakes of going around.

You have a valid Military ID, front of the line for you and your immediate family.

This would not be a case of people going to City Hall and getting a pass....the official Military ID IS the pass.
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #99
3kidsdad
Earning My Ears

We booked CBR about 4years ago and when we arrived to check in we were informed the resort was overbooked and that we were being transferred to GF. Wife and I were super stoked but the kids started crying because they wanted to play on the pirate ship.

When we arrived at the GF a bellman greeted us and asked if we were checking in. I said "I think we are. CBR is overbooked and they sent us over here." The CM Bellman said "your going to like it much better over here."

Maybe it's not as much snobbery as it is pride in a certain area (resort, attraction, restaurant) that a CM works in.

Now, snobbery by guests. That's a whole different ball of wax there. See it all the time.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #100
disd55
Mouseketeer

We've stayed at a multitude of resorts. Never a Value, but I wouldn't mind trying AOA. I probably wouldn't enjoy any other Value. The thing is, once you stay at a Deluxe, you feel so spoiled by all the amenities it offers that Moderates and Values don't even compare to it. You just don't feel Moderates and Values fit the par. It's not really snobbery, but I do feel CM's compete with each other for the most enjoyed/popular resort. I've never seen snobbery between vacationers.
disd55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #101
chasgoose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NC View Post
I respect veterans enough to let them in front of me in line.

Doesn't seem like a hard thing to do. US Military ID's are not something you see a whole lot of fakes of going around.

You have a valid Military ID, front of the line for you and your immediate family.

This would not be a case of people going to City Hall and getting a pass....the official Military ID IS the pass.
Do you realize how many active duty military and veterans there are, and how many of them go to Disney World everyday? It's fine to let one in front of you every now and again, but if there were designated front of the line passes for every veteran and his/her immediate family, it would overwhelm the system. It's a nice idea, but not the most practical.
chasgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #102
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasgoose View Post
Do you realize how many active duty military and veterans there are, and how many of them go to Disney World everyday? It's fine to let one in front of you every now and again, but if there were designated front of the line passes for every veteran and his/her immediate family, it would overwhelm the system. It's a nice idea, but not the most practical.
Actually, I said the term 'veterans', but then qualified it to mean veterans with a Military ID, which would of course limit it to Active duty and Retirees.

Sorry for my misuse of terms, my mistake.

I don't think giving front of the line to active duty and retirees would clog anything.

Edited to add: In no way shape or form would I ever expect, or think Disney should, to do anything like this. I'm just saying I PERSONALLY would not mind.

Last edited by Bob NC; 05-25-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #103
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by disd55 View Post
We've stayed at a multitude of resorts. Never a Value, but I wouldn't mind trying AOA. I probably wouldn't enjoy any other Value. The thing is, once you stay at a Deluxe, you feel so spoiled by all the amenities it offers that Moderates and Values don't even compare to it. You just don't feel Moderates and Values fit the par.
I don't think that is true of all guests. I have stayed at all levels, and I have never felt my vacation was somehow less or inferior when I stayed at a value or moderate resort.

As far as allowing veterans some sort of front of the line privilege goes, as well meaning as it may be, it would be a nightmare. First would be deciding who really qualifies, second would be making them prove they qualify. Third would be everyone in line who gets hostile by someone "cutting" them. People yell at those who pass them in the Fast Pass line, not to mention how mad people get by those who they think gain an advantage by using an ECV. Getting yelled at as you walk by a bunch of people waiting in line would not be very magical.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #104
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think it's snobbery to put deluxe buses closer to the entrance. Deluxe should mean that guests get the most convenient and luxurious treatment.
Like I said, I don't think it's snobbery to put the deluxe buses near the entrance, not because a deluxe guest deserves more but just because the sheer number of guests staying on value needs the extra space being by the end of the bus station gives them.

BTW special treatment for me would be if they served complimentary refreshments/snacks on the deluxe buses. Having to walk 100 feet instead of 200 is not special treatment nor a perk, it's just a matter of logistics.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #105
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
I'm for that idea.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: