Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #211
lauradis
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: East of cleveland ohio
Posts: 2,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut8 View Post
Same here. Stayed at all levels but the economy can hit you hard. Both of us out of work for a year and a half and then later, me out for two and a have years. We have gone value now and love it. But still the same people. I know my husband lugged a case of beer across the lobby of the elegant Yacht Club and he does the same from the parking lot of Pop Century. No shame and if other don't like it, tough.
That's just great. I love it when my hubby does stuff like that. Its like don't mind him. Move aside case of beer coming thru, nope not paying 9 bucks for beer unless i have too. And lets not forget his fan, you know the big ones on a stand, right on top of case of beer. 5 star, 2 star he doesn't care.
lauradis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #212
ballarinamom
DIS Veteran
 
ballarinamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,365

Lol! DH brings his beer too! But he does put it in a suitcase? He does it not so much to save money but for convenience. And he leaves the extras for the housekeeper when we check out....
__________________
My family-

Me (44 yikes!) , DH (46) , DD (11)
ballarinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #213
Nina1
Disney Lover
 
Nina1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDorx View Post
Just get yourself to Disney and don't worry about 'keepin' up with the Jones'."

Worry about 'keepin' up with your kids..." That's what matters...
Amen!!!
__________________
:Me :DH DS6
Nina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #214
ChickyRootie
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 93

...Another thing to keep in mind, some people stay at Deluxe resorts because their family is too large to fit in the value or moderate resorts. So they are pretty much forced to stay in a deluxe resort...I happen to have a family of 5 and most value and moderate resorts will not accomodate us simply because I have a third child... Has really nothing to do with us wanting to stay 'deluxe', in fact I would love to stay at CS like we used to when my youngest was still in a crib... We've stayed at POR a few times when they had the roll out bed but it turned into a problem about who was sleeping 'on the floor' each night. (Although now I see they have refurbed the rooms with murphy beds ) We've been enjoying the deluxe resorts though simply because it's something new! The rooms are beautiful and I love that we are getting to stay at different resorts but we have had to shorten our trips from 8 days to 5 so we can afford it. I don't think anyone really cares about others and where they stay, but I do know that when we are paying for and staying at a deluxe resort I think the buses should be more frequent. I think that's the only thing that I would 'expect' for paying to stay at a deluxe resort and it's not the case anyway...it's the one thing that makes me shake my head when we are waiting 45 minutes or longer for a bus and paying top dollar to stay deluxe. I don't think hoping for shorter bus stop waits is 'snobby' if you are paying to stay at a deluxe resort especially since staying at a deluxe resort does not offer any real perks anyway...just MHO
ChickyRootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #215
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 21,821

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickyRootie View Post
I think that's the only thing that I would 'expect' for paying to stay at a deluxe resort and it's not the case anyway...it's the one thing that makes me shake my head when we are waiting 45 minutes or longer for a bus and paying top dollar to stay deluxe. I don't think hoping for shorter bus stop waits is 'snobby' if you are paying to stay at a deluxe resort especially since staying at a deluxe resort does not offer any real perks anyway...just MHO
The bus service is not part of what you are paying for when you stay at a deluxe resort. It is best to just know that, and keep it in the back of your mind. That way you don't get too frustrated by it. You are paying for larger rooms, nicer public areas, and a location near a park. Not better bus service.

Bus service is bus service, no matter if you are at a value or deluxe resort.
__________________
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #216
ChickyRootie
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
The bus service is not part of what you are paying for when you stay at a deluxe resort. It is best to just know that, and keep it in the back of your mind. That way you don't get too frustrated by it. You are paying for larger rooms, nicer public areas, and a location near a park. Not better bus service.

Bus service is bus service, no matter if you are at a value or deluxe resort.
Oh trust me, I know that, but I guess the point I didn't make is in some cases the deluxe resorts have a lot less rooms so I don't understand what the delay is for bus services, plus yes you are paying more (in some cases have to stay deluxe)...when we stay at value and moderate resorts which in general are bigger with more rooms, I completely understand why the bus waits are so long...a lot more people a lot more bus stops and in general just bigger resorts with a lot of bus stops. So yes that makes sense. But when you are at a resort with one bus stop and still waiting and waiting and waiting... it's just frustrating...I guess what I'm saying is I definitely know that the buses aren't something you pay for when staying on property, but it 'would be' a nice perk and a worthwhile reason to stay at deluxe resorts if the buses actually came in a more timely fashion if you stayed at a deluxe resort..it 'would be' a nice perk.

speaking of the buses...during my last trip with my husband (we stayed at CS) the bus did a stop to Blizzard Beach even though it was closed before going to Epcot...everyone on the bus was like

then the bus driver said "it's for 'timing' reasons"...huh?

I remember years ago the buses used to run so much more smoothly, every 20 minutes to half hour and they came at a decent pace...lately though, I've also seen three buses for the same park pull up within five minutes time then have to wait a ridiculous amount of time for the one park you are waiting to go to...that is very frustrating regardless of the resort you are staying at...
ChickyRootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #217
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran
 
princess_ariel_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Derbyshire. UK
Posts: 1,713

This thread has opened my eyes! Ha ha. I don't know if it's because I'm overly thrilled to be in WDW or it's because I'm unaware of the so called snobs but I've never come across any - guests, CMs or otherwise.

I've only ever stopped in POP and on our next trip we'll be stopping in AoA. Would I love to stop in a moderate or deluxe? Sure, of course I would. But to us it isn't worth the extra money at this moment in time. There is only two of us and we get up, shower, go to the parks, come back and sleep. Repeat the routine through the whole two weeks of the trip. We barely spend any time at our resort so it makes no real difference where we stay.

It's all down to personal choice and if the so called 'snobs' want to look down on my happy smiley face because I'm stopping in a value resort then so be it.
__________________
princess_ariel_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #218
married2mm
DIS Veteran
 
married2mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,685

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
This thread has opened my eyes! Ha ha. I don't know if it's because I'm overly thrilled to be in WDW or it's because I'm unaware of the so called snobs but I've never come across any - guests, CMs or otherwise.

I've only ever stopped in POP and on our next trip we'll be stopping in AoA. Would I love to stop in a moderate or deluxe? Sure, of course I would. But to us it isn't worth the extra money at this moment in time. There is only two of us and we get up, shower, go to the parks, come back and sleep. Repeat the routine through the whole two weeks of the trip. We barely spend any time at our resort so it makes no real difference where we stay.

It's all down to personal choice and if the so called 'snobs' want to look down on my happy smiley face because I'm stopping in a value resort then so be it.
My face is smiley no matter where I stay,onsite or offsite,as long as I'm at Disney.
If your room literally serves as a place to sleep,then as long as it has a bed,that's all that matters.
You're on vacation.
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #219
Bama_C
Artful DISer
 
Bama_C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Alabama (fairly obvious, huh?)
Posts: 559

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
My face is smiley no matter where I stay,onsite or offsite,as long as I'm at Disney.
If your room literally serves as a place to sleep,then as long as it has a bed,that's all that matters.
You're on vacation.
You have summed up our entire family philosophy in a nutshell. As long as we are on Disney property and it has a bed for us to fall into at night, we are happy!
__________________
(me drawing Disney, DH keeping focus, DS-22 being cool, DS-20 cartooning, DD-17 dancing!)
FDDP Year 9 at CBR Booked 10/2014!!, 10/2013 POR FDDP,12/2012 FDDP, 09/2011 FDDP, 09/10 FDDP, 04/10 ASM KTTK tour w/ DS2, Pop 10/09 FDDP, ASM 01/09, Pop 09/08 FDDP, 01/08 ASM KTTK Tour w/ DS1, 09/07 POR FDDP, 09/06 POR FDDP, 09/05 Pop, 09/02 ASM, '88, '86, & '82 off site


Bama_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #220
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 21,821

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickyRootie View Post
Oh trust me, I know that, but I guess the point I didn't make is in some cases the deluxe resorts have a lot less rooms so I don't understand what the delay is for bus services, plus yes you are paying more (in some cases have to stay deluxe)
The deluxe resorts share buses with other deluxe resorts. Which is why you do still have to wait a bit for a bus, and why they are always full.
__________________
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #221
SanFranciscan
DIS Veteran
 
SanFranciscan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 1,124

Quote:
Originally Posted by susy View Post
I've stayed at many different resorts (see sig) and all I can say now that I'm divorced and living on my teacher's salary is that even the values are NOT CHEAP...it still may take people a long time to save up to go... my ex and I got to a point in our lives where staying deluxe on the club level was nothing and now I CANNOT EVEN AFFORD TO GO AT ALL...yet, I'm the same person that loved my Yacht Club!!!You never know what's going to happen in life so it's better not to make declarations of where you would never stay... look at my signature and look at me now!
You are so right. One of my former supervisors at another company went to work at Disney right behind me. He used to make a six-figure salary and traveled all over the world and belonged to Disney Vacation Club. Now he works at Disney as a bellhop. Does this make him lesser than he used to be? Of course, not.
SanFranciscan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #222
NY Disney fan
DIS Veteran
 
NY Disney fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,255

I can't bring myself to spend money on anything over a value resort. I'd rather save the money and spend it elsewhere but good for those who stay at the deluxes.
NY Disney fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.