Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 07:38 AM   #916
amccu18007
DIS Veteran

Glad it wasn't just me. I was thinking that my coffee needed to be stronger as I clearly was missing something.....
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 YACHT CLUB

amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #917
ilostnemo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLKennedy
Listen, it really does become a bit annoying with the "sarcasm" here....

LET ME SAY THIS -

1. Disney is a FOR PROFIT business

2. ALL rules HAVE Exceptions that can and will be made - NOTHING is set in stone

3. Perhaps if the "collective YOU" weren't so harsh and rash, other message boards wouldn't be laughing at all of you and mocking you.....JUST SAYIN....and with that I will UNSUB from the thread since everyone BELIEVES they are an expert.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
this is us saying bye!
ilostnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #918
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

I think Disney doesn't realize that if they give me a pin, I will add on one day of upgrading my QS FD for 10 people, and pay rack rate for three rooms for that night...which cost me more than what I'm paying for the discounted one night of RO. I guess they don't want more money for that night.

Now that I know they make notations...I'm wondering what will happen if I call back???
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #919
ilostnemo
Mouseketeer

I'll add another night, one more days ticket, and upgrade to the deluxe dining plan. Lol
ilostnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:56 AM   #920
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Little Mermaids View Post
Congrats on the pin. Your very helpful on the board and I so wanted to give you mine. I received the pin the same night I booked the public FD offer and thought what a waste. Really glad you got one and hope you have a wonderful trip.
Thank you so much for the kind words.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #921
smitch425
DIS Veteran

In an effort to clear up some confusion, I believe that this post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLKennedy View Post
Listen, it really does become a bit annoying with the "sarcasm" here....

LET ME SAY THIS -

1. Disney is a FOR PROFIT business

2. ALL rules HAVE Exceptions that can and will be made - NOTHING is set in stone

3. Perhaps if the "collective YOU" weren't so harsh and rash, other message boards wouldn't be laughing at all of you and mocking you.....JUST SAYIN....and with that I will UNSUB from the thread since everyone BELIEVES they are an expert.

Was a result of OP posting this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLKennedy View Post
The first time I called about a pin, i was told the NEXT OFFERS would be released on Monday, June 17. There was no info on what type of offer that would be....SPECULATION was on here that it might be free dining.

When I called a second time, they were going to let me use a co-workers if I would fax them her emailed offer. I was given a private fax number and a name to put on the cover sheet (first and last name). My husband said let me deal with this nonsense (as he called it) and his call was escalated to an upper manager. We DID NOT have a pin to our names, BUT before our call ended, we WERE GIVEN free dining for our October trip with the emailed confirmation that it was added to our reservation.

and getting the following replies..

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
High up was a CM, so not sure how much credit you want to put in that. June would be unprecedented early for a release, when out of the last three years, one was in August and two in July. This year they've been really good at waiting it out a bit longer than usual, so I would expect later rather than sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboy View Post
CMs seem to be the new bus drivers when it comes to reliable information:

"There are no more offers coming."
"There are new offers coming June 17th."

"You can't transfer a PIN."*
"You can transfer a PIN if your husband demands a manager and faxes an email."

I don't work for the Walt Disney Funtime ConglomerCo. but I have a hard time believing that the number crunchers and managers who make decisions about occupancy levels run those decisions by the CMs on the phone first. The bus drivers obviously, but not the CMs.

*Okay, this one is actually a real thing. Seemingly. Most of the time. Except sometimes.
Thus the reason behind her "expert" and "sarcasm" comments.

For the record, no one in this thread is an expert, and no one claims to be. My sole purpose on this site is to help people and pass the time until my trip comes around. There is absolutely nothing wrong with some good natured humor, nor providing CORRECT info about phone CMs not necessarily being aware of the next release. Many times, they don't even know about a current release.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #922
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
In an effort to clear up some confusion, I believe that this post...

Was a result of OP posting this...

and getting the following replies..

Thus the reason behind her "expert" and "sarcasm" comments.

For the record, no one in this thread is an expert, and no one claims to be. My sole purpose on this site is to help people and pass the time until my trip comes around. There is absolutely nothing wrong with some good natured humor, nor providing CORRECT info about phone CMs not necessarily being aware of the next release. Many times, they don't even know about a current release.
I was never trying to be sarcastic. But only to point out how inaccurate the call center is in giving information. Nearly every time I call to book free dining I am told there is no such thing and have to wait while they find info. Some even have admitted to getting their info right here on the dis. You see so many things said by CMs that it really confuses some people.

Again it wasn't meant to be sarcastic at all.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Last edited by black562; 06-01-2013 at 08:28 AM.
black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #923
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
I never meant disrespect. But only to point out how inaccurate the call center is in giving information. Nearly every time I call to book free dining I am told there is no such thing and have to wait while they find info. Some even have admitted to getting their info right here on the dis.

Again it wasn't meant to be sarcastic at all.
I think everyone (except her) knows that you meant no harm. Hopefully she reads this, so she will know, too.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #924
MouseLover24
Mouseketeer

Disney World has so many phone numbers. Which is the best one to call to check on a PIN?
MouseLover24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #925
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseLover24 View Post
Disney World has so many phone numbers. Which is the best one to call to check on a PIN?
I always use 1(407) W-DISNEY.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #926
MouseLover24
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

I always use 1(407) W-DISNEY.
Thanks!
MouseLover24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #927
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
I think if I keep hanging around some this FD good luck will rub off on me! Lol
Awww! I wish you lots of luck! I am sorry, I guess I did not realize you were still waiting. I will do a lot of dusting and shaking for you too.

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #928
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneypharm View Post
I called before and no pin! I actually got a fake code first!! Yesterday, I ordered a Disney DVD and updated my profile in their system. I called this afternoon and yes, I got a FD pin
I asked the CM why I never received it in my email, he didn't say anything!! The funny thing is that today is our 180 mark, so I got to make 4 days of dining reservations. I am not sure why I can't make reservations for the rest of the week. I guess I have to wait until they open up!!!
Anyway, I don't think you should give up calling if you don't have a pin yet!
Yea! Yea! Yea! Sooo happy you got one! Keep trying you all, ya never know...

Old 06-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #929
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckymousefn View Post
I emailed them last week and asked if I had a pin attached to my account. Sunday I got a phone call but I didn't answer it cuz it wasn't a number I knew. I got a voice mail asking me to call them so they could talk to me about the my email. I called and left them a message and they called me back this morning, she said she was emailing me an updated confirmation... She said your old total was $**** and your new total is $**** but didn't say what the pin was for and I was to excited and didn't ask. Anyway I checked online to see my new confirmation and it was for free dining!!! So my Sept 29th-Oct 5th Trip is covered by free dining.
OMGosh!!!!! All this good news calls for a party!! Congrats!!!

Old 06-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #930
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwiak View Post
Phone messed up. Sorry for double!
lol...I just thought you were being sarcastic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: