Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #2281
ilostnemo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Congrats! Don't leave us hanging, though! What did you book?
Well if all works out it will be at AKV!!! my fiancée liked it the best. And my dates are now nov 9th-13th we are going over to Clearwater beach as well for a couple days.
ilostnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #2282
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilostnemo View Post
Well if all works out it will be at AKV!!! my fiancée liked it the best. And my dates are now nov 9th-13th we are going over to Clearwater beach as well for a couple days.
9th and 10th might be a little busier than usual due to the end of NJ week, but even so is not like they fill the parks. Just make an enough dent in the system to remove any offers. But parks should clear out starting on the 11th... Have fun!
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #2283
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:

That sounds perfect...Disney and the beach!!! Happy for you! Enjoy those romantic sunsets. : )

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #2284
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
Here's two we created......
Those are awesome! Would you be open to us using your designs?
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #2285
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
No problem at all. Send me a PM if you want me to email the pictures to you

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #2286
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
No problem at all. Send me a PM if you want me to email the pictures to you
I was able to save them from here! THANKS!
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #2287
Katmat75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
Unless otherwise stated, you have to cancel an ADR no later than 24 hours in advance of the reservation to avoid the $10.00 late cancel/no show fee.
Vacation packages are supposed to be paid no later than 45 days prior to your check in date. I'm not 100% positive, but I think you can upgrade your FD package when you check in (which would give you some extra time to save the money for the upgrade). If you decide not to upgrade, just cancel your ADRs in time so you won't be charged the fee.
I suggest calling Disney reservations to find out for sure if you can upgrade the FD plan when you get there. Just tell them you're not sure if you want to do that or not so would it be possible to ... Good luck!
And I hope whatever the emergency was that it's nothing too serious. Enjoy your WDW vacation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFan88 View Post
Okay, my 2 cents:
Doesn't sound like it's going to be easy to upgrade for you since you're trying to price it out and all that. So, why not keep the QSD and enjoy it. You have plenty of time to research all your available options. Let me tell you, there are some awesome "better choice for your value" quick service options out there. Like regular meals! go to allears and scour the menus!
2nd, cancelation is a lot closer to the reservation time, so you can certainly cancel now with no penalty. the sooner the better. I don't know the exact time, but it could be like 48 hours or something, but I'm sure someone will tell you. Make sure you follow up later and be sure you didn't get charged though, because some have said they had problems, but who knows there could be more involved in that.
Also, if CM has your heart, why not keep QSD, but keep your breakfast at CM and cancel the dinner. Save just enough to splurge on that. Again, check prices on allears to see if that price scenario works or even makes sense. If you didn't really care about that, then, no prob to cancel both.
You'll have fun anyway!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
SORRY: meant to quote Katmat...kids home from school are starting to get to me : )

Oh, man...I am so sorry for your situation and I hope everything is okay! I don't know if this will help, but since you already had your package booked before June 17 (is that correct?), then you should at least not be charged the higher price dining difference. And roughly, it is $18 and some change to upgrade to basic dining for adults per day, and is about $3 and some change per child per day!!! Hope everything works out!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
I am glad you are still able to go!!! Hope all is okay!
Thanks to all! I think we are just going to stick with the QS and leave it at that! The only thing I might do is keep the CM Breakfast!

August 1999 - CBR, August 2001 - CBR,August 2003 - AS, August 2004 - CBR, August 2005 - CBR, August 2006 - CBR, Nov/Dec 2006 - SOG, August 2007 - CBR,August 2009 - CBR Offsite August 2010 ASMu September 2012 ASMu September 2013
Katmat75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #2288
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That sounds awesome!!! Congrats!
Old 07-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #2289
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post

So cute!
Old 07-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #2290
DebbiePMN
Mouseketeer

Refrigerators at Disney World Resorts

This was just posted on the Disney TA Blog:

"Due to a possible defect in the refrigerators in some of the Guest rooms at the Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® Resorts, as well as Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Resort hotels at these locations have removed or temporarily disconnected Guest room refrigerators until the issue can be resolved.

Guests staying at these Resort hotels will be notified of the refrigerator removal via a letter in their room. Currently the schedule for replacing the refrigerators at these Resorts is expected to last several months."

Anyone have more details?

This comment was just posted by Disney:
"This is for all Resorts, except Disney Vacation Club rooms and the cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground. Currently we do not have an exact timeframe for when the fridges will be replaced, but it is expected to take at least 4 months. At each Resort there will be a limited number of refrigerators available by special request"
Also added that family suites at aoa and music are not affected as it's a different refrigerator style.

Such a bummer! I was so looking forward to having a refrig in the room this year!
Old 07-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #2291
Kat016
DIS Veteran

I can't imagine it taking 4 months to replace the refrigerators. The longest part is probably ordering them I would think. Especially during the summer months, you would think that Disney would do a quick turn around. IMO at least.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #2292
workinmom
Mouseketeer

So I decided to call & change our ressies to 10/16-21 with a split stay at POP & then POFQ for 3 nights starting on the 18 which should begin FD if it is opened back to the public. I know the CM's don't always know what's going on but he said it was a detriment to split resorts cause I'd have to move & that the FD pin wouldn't be offered to the public cause its a PIN. I didn't even want to push the issue so I just said "thanks" & hung up. Don't know whether I should call back or wait until FD is actually offered.
CBR-Oct 2013 - 1st DD & mom trip to Food & Wine!!!
- ME - DH - DD (22) - DS (19)
workinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #2293
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by workinmom View Post
So I decided to call & change our ressies to 10/16-21 with a split stay at POP & then POFQ for 3 nights starting on the 18 which should begin FD if it is opened back to the public. I know the CM's don't always know what's going on but he said it was a detriment to split resorts cause I'd have to move & that the FD pin wouldn't be offered to the public cause its a PIN. I didn't even want to push the issue so I just said "thanks" & hung up. Don't know whether I should call back or wait until FD is actually offered.
If you are only switching if free dining is offered wait. If you plan to do a split stay regardless call back. The cms do not have any idea whether it will be offered or not, so don't let what he said bother you.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #2294
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbiePMN View Post
This was just posted on the Disney TA Blog:

"Due to a possible defect in the refrigerators in some of the Guest rooms at the Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® Resorts, as well as Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Resort hotels at these locations have removed or temporarily disconnected Guest room refrigerators until the issue can be resolved.

Guests staying at these Resort hotels will be notified of the refrigerator removal via a letter in their room. Currently the schedule for replacing the refrigerators at these Resorts is expected to last several months."

Anyone have more details?

This comment was just posted by Disney:
"This is for all Resorts, except Disney Vacation Club rooms and the cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground. Currently we do not have an exact timeframe for when the fridges will be replaced, but it is expected to take at least 4 months. At each Resort there will be a limited number of refrigerators available by special request"
Also added that family suites at aoa and music are not affected as it's a different refrigerator style.

Such a bummer! I was so looking forward to having a refrig in the room this year!
This stinks! We were going to use the grocery delivery for water and other things. I wonder if I call the resort directly I can find out the chances of having one. It will decide what I have delivered!

Sept 2013 - 10 day Family Trip
Jan 2011 - 7 day Family Trip
1990-1998 - 50+ day and/or multi day trips
kcwiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #2295
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwiak View Post

This stinks! We were going to use the grocery delivery for water and other things. I wonder if I call the resort directly I can find out the chances of having one. It will decide what I have delivered!
Us too. If FD doesn't come to pass, we will be COUNTING on a fridge for quick snacks, DS's milk, etc. I think I will call.

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
aym4Him is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: