Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 12:23 AM   #2251
taramesu
Earning My Ears

Deleting.

August 2012 BLT
December 2013 VGF
October 2014 POR
September 2015 POLY

Last edited by taramesu; 07-07-2013 at 12:30 PM.
taramesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #2252
Katmat75
DIS Veteran

UGH! My dilemma:

I had my package booked with free dining for 9/24 to 10/1 staying at CBR! We had an emergency come up, so I had to use some of my Disney money
Had to move down to a value ASMu. A little sad and disappointed but at least we will be in WDW!

I have all my dining reservations booked. I'm trying to price out upgrading my QSD to regular dining. Not sure if I can do it, depends on price and when I need money by and am so confused if I should put money out to do it!

How long do I have to cancel my dining reservations without being charged for them? I have a dinner and breakfast scheduled for Chef Mickey so I had to give them my credit card for those two ressies!

Help!!!! Need some input!

August 1999 - CBR, August 2001 - CBR,August 2003 - AS, August 2004 - CBR, August 2005 - CBR, August 2006 - CBR, Nov/Dec 2006 - SOG, August 2007 - CBR,August 2009 - CBR Offsite August 2010 ASMu September 2012 ASMu September 2013
Katmat75 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #2253
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmat75 View Post
UGH! My dilemma:

I had my package booked with free dining for 9/24 to 10/1 staying at CBR! We had an emergency come up, so I had to use some of my Disney money
Had to move down to a value ASMu. A little sad and disappointed but at least we will be in WDW!

I have all my dining reservations booked. I'm trying to price out upgrading my QSD to regular dining. Not sure if I can do it, depends on price and when I need money by and am so confused if I should put money out to do it!

How long do I have to cancel my dining reservations without being charged for them? I have a dinner and breakfast scheduled for Chef Mickey so I had to give them my credit card for those two ressies!

Unless otherwise stated, you have to cancel an ADR no later than 24 hours in advance of the reservation to avoid the $10.00 late cancel/no show fee.
Vacation packages are supposed to be paid no later than 45 days prior to your check in date. I'm not 100% positive, but I think you can upgrade your FD package when you check in (which would give you some extra time to save the money for the upgrade). If you decide not to upgrade, just cancel your ADRs in time so you won't be charged the fee.
I suggest calling Disney reservations to find out for sure if you can upgrade the FD plan when you get there. Just tell them you're not sure if you want to do that or not so would it be possible to ... Good luck!
And I hope whatever the emergency was that it's nothing too serious. Enjoy your WDW vacation!

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #2254
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
UGH! My dilemma:

Okay, my 2 cents:
Doesn't sound like it's going to be easy to upgrade for you since you're trying to price it out and all that. So, why not keep the QSD and enjoy it. You have plenty of time to research all your available options. Let me tell you, there are some awesome "better choice for your value" quick service options out there. Like regular meals! go to allears and scour the menus!
2nd, cancelation is a lot closer to the reservation time, so you can certainly cancel now with no penalty. the sooner the better. I don't know the exact time, but it could be like 48 hours or something, but I'm sure someone will tell you. Make sure you follow up later and be sure you didn't get charged though, because some have said they had problems, but who knows there could be more involved in that.
Also, if CM has your heart, why not keep QSD, but keep your breakfast at CM and cancel the dinner. Save just enough to splurge on that. Again, check prices on allears to see if that price scenario works or even makes sense. If you didn't really care about that, then, no prob to cancel both.
You'll have fun anyway!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------
1997 - off property 1999 - Caribbean
2009 - Caribbean 2010 - Coronado
2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
DJFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #2255
lilpig
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Oh man! I think that is a good sign that you have had one before. Maybe he knew you weren't able to go at that time and didn't want to disappoint you. :-)
That is what I am thinking, we "got one in past" may happen again. Your right about the dates because we went then in March of 2012.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #2256
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

SORRY: meant to quote Katmat...kids home from school are starting to get to me : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFan88 View Post
Okay, my 2 cents:
Doesn't sound like it's going to be easy to upgrade for you since you're trying to price it out and all that. So, why not keep the QSD and enjoy it. You have plenty of time to research all your available options. Let me tell you, there are some awesome "better choice for your value" quick service options out there. Like regular meals! go to allears and scour the menus!
2nd, cancelation is a lot closer to the reservation time, so you can certainly cancel now with no penalty. the sooner the better. I don't know the exact time, but it could be like 48 hours or something, but I'm sure someone will tell you. Make sure you follow up later and be sure you didn't get charged though, because some have said they had problems, but who knows there could be more involved in that.
Also, if CM has your heart, why not keep QSD, but keep your breakfast at CM and cancel the dinner. Save just enough to splurge on that. Again, check prices on allears to see if that price scenario works or even makes sense. If you didn't really care about that, then, no prob to cancel both.
You'll have fun anyway!!!!
Oh, man...I am so sorry for your situation and I hope everything is okay! I don't know if this will help, but since you already had your package booked before June 17 (is that correct?), then you should at least not be charged the higher price dining difference. And roughly, it is $18 and some change to upgrade to basic dining for adults per day, and is about $3 and some change per child per day!!! Hope everything works out!!!!

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #2257
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
UGH! My dilemma:

I am glad you are still able to go!!! Hope all is okay!
Old 07-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #2258
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

I just made some reservations in the hope that free dining comes out for November 30, our check-in day I even got a Garden Grill. I figured it would be better to do it now and cancel if FD never comes, rather than rush with everyone else to get a reservation if it does come out.

Keeping the faith LOL

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #2259
Seeker615
DIS Veteran

Anybody get a pin lately or should I give up on that?
Seeker615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #2260
daizieduck
DIS Veteran

I have a question. (I should know the answer having gone to Disney every year for over ten years now but I don't.) If I book a trip for October and then free dining comes out for October, I know I can get the free dining adjustment BUT what if my dates turn out to be black out dates, can I change the dates of my trip without a penalty? TIA!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #2261
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizieduck View Post
I have a question. (I should know the answer having gone to Disney every year for over ten years now but I don't.) If I book a trip for October and then free dining comes out for October, I know I can get the free dining adjustment BUT what if my dates turn out to be black out dates, can I change the dates of my trip without a penalty? TIA!
Usually, you can change details of your trip up to 45 days before check in without penalty. If there are price increases after your ressie was made, you would have to pay the higher price(s) if you change it.

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #2262
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker615 View Post
Anybody get a pin lately or should I give up on that?
I checked again today after a long break from calling. Still nothing. The TA I spoke to said they know nothing about public discounts until the day they are released. She said some cms will tell you they know but it is based on nothing but rumors. Hmmm, that is what I suspect is the truth. Anyway, I have not heard anyone receiving a pin lately.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #2263
daizieduck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
Usually, you can change details of your trip up to 45 days before check in without penalty. If there are price increases after your ressie was made, you would have to pay the higher price(s) if you change it.
Okay, good to know! Thanks!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #2264
Wdwhubby
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
If that happens, the only thing you can do is try...call Disney and ask; if you are told "no", never hurts to run it by another CM. I am a little curious, why not just use your address??
Most on here will tell you that you cannot use a code if it is sent in someone other than your name, that is not true. My wife received a pin for the free dining in December but it was under her mothers name, I called and explained what we had received, the cm checked with his supervisor and to my surprise we received a little pixie dust and they allowed us to use the pin. He claimed it was Disney's fault for having used the wrong email address. It never hurts to call when you get one of these pins. You never know when they will spread a little pixie dust your way!
Old 07-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #2265
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

I called today (under the guise that I was just making sure they received my deposit, for which I had received email confirmation ) and the CM told me that they were still sending out PINS (unfortunately, nothing was under my name) and to be on the lookout for an email or postcard because "you never know."

Do they send "newbies" PINS? I really don't want to get my hopes up. It's hard not to, though! FD would really take some weight off as far as our planning goes. Then again, a solid room discount would be nice, too so I won't complain if that happens instead.

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
aym4Him is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: