Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #2236
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

Envelopes to leave a tip for Mousekeeping each morning. People decorate them with characters.
Oh cute idea!

Sept 2013 - 10 day Family Trip
Jan 2011 - 7 day Family Trip
1990-1998 - 50+ day and/or multi day trips
kcwiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #2237
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Envelopes to leave a tip for Mousekeeping each morning. People decorate them with characters.
How much do you leave daily? I know we always did at end but daily makes more sense. I do not remember what we left at end though. Help appreciated!

Sept 2013 - 10 day Family Trip
Jan 2011 - 7 day Family Trip
1990-1998 - 50+ day and/or multi day trips
kcwiak is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #2238
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwiak View Post
How much do you leave daily? I know we always did at end but daily makes more sense. I do not remember what we left at end though. Help appreciated!
Passporter's Walt Disney World suggests $1 per person/per day

Also, you can call 407-WDW-DINE to schedule Dine with a Imagineer. By last check, it was available select weekdays at 11:30 at Brown Derby and 5:30 at Flying Fish. Cost was around $61 for adults and $35 for kids.

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #2239
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post

I had been wondering this as well.
They do leave an envelope in the room for that though, right? People just want to bring decorated ones for whatever reason? I guess I could bring envelopes and stickers and crayons on the plane down to have the kids decorate. That might keep them busy for a couple minutes anyway! Lol!
No. I've never seen an envelope in the room. People just bring their own.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #2240
Dsnyless in Seattle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Pete is the one that owns the DisBoards!
That's a little disappointing. For a minute there I thought it was Peter Pan... If anyone has the inside scoop on pixie dust and if/when it would be offered, it should be Peter Pan!
Old 07-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #2241
martiniglassesforme
Mouseketeer

quick question

So, if my husband signs up on disneyworld dot com with his brother's address, and the mailer with the PIN goes to his brother's address, will we be able to apply it to our reservation at our own address, because it's in my husband's name?
martiniglassesforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #2242
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiniglassesforme View Post
So, if my husband signs up on disneyworld dot com with his brother's address, and the mailer with the PIN goes to his brother's address, will we be able to apply it to our reservation at our own address, because it's in my husband's name?
If that happens, the only thing you can do is try...call Disney and ask; if you are told "no", never hurts to run it by another CM. I am a little curious, why not just use your address??

Old 07-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #2243
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:

PINs are more tied to the house address than the name. Have him create his own account under his real address. Otherwise, he may end up getting PINs at the false address that he can never use.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #2244
martiniglassesforme
Mouseketeer

Just trying to increase my chances, that's all! I figured my brother in law can just keep his eye on the mailbox for us. He can intercept it (it'll be in my husband's name).. can't hurt to try, I guess. Right?
Old 07-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #2245
martiniglassesforme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
If that happens, the only thing you can do is try...call Disney and ask; if you are told "no", never hurts to run it by another CM. I am a little curious, why not just use your address??
We are using our own address. And my brother in law's. And my mom's. Their likelihood of going to Disney is extremely slim so they are keeping their eyes peeled for Disney fliers in the mail in our names.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #2246
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Just trying to increase my chances, that's all! I figured my brother in law can just keep his eye on the mailbox for us. He can intercept it (it'll be in my husband's name).. can't hurt to try, I guess. Right?
That's what I thought the reason was lol...and if it does happen, no guarantee's, but there is always a possibility. Good luck!

Old 07-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #2247
lilpig
Mouseketeer

So, today in my desperate attempt to find out about a pin I check my hubby's email. (his permission no worries lol) so instead of just a normal look at the last few days I did a search and GUESS what I found????

He sent himself a pin from his work email in 2011 but never told me!!! So now I have mixed emotions..Happy to have a pin. (even though so long ago) but so sad he didn't tell me.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #2248
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpig View Post
So, today in my desperate attempt to find out about a pin I check my hubby's email. (his permission no worries lol) so instead of just a normal look at the last few days I did a search and GUESS what I found????

He sent himself a pin from his work email in 2011 but never told me!!! So now I have mixed emotions..Happy to have a pin. (even though so long ago) but so sad he didn't tell me.
Oh man! I think that is a good sign that you have had one before. Maybe he knew you weren't able to go at that time and didn't want to disappoint you. :-)
Old 07-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #2249
retiredteach
Earning My Ears

We missed the FD by 2 days! Hope they extend it through Sept.

Last edited by retiredteach; 07-06-2013 at 10:21 PM. Reason: missed part of the post
retiredteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #2250
franluvsbubba
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFan88 View Post

We just got our pin email yesterday for free dining for many dates from august to December but we cannot go.

We always get tons of emails from Disney destinations (which must just be a division of Disney itself) and I believe it is due to the fact that we go down with some sort of regularity. We always make our bookings ourselves through Disney and do all of our ADR's online, so we're in the system. (have the Visa also, and although I have gotten a couple things from there, these pins are not because of that). Occasionally they will also mail us something with discount rates. We haven't planned a trip this year, however, so I think they're trying to get us. Just hope that next year, when we are actually going, they will still be trying!
I really believe this makes a difference. We've been going to Dis once and sometimes twice a year every year since 2005. We ALWAYS got pins. Now, for the past 2 years I've been using a TA, and I realized that I now have not been getting any pins. ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!!! :-(
franluvsbubba is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: