Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #2101
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alylyn80 View Post
A friend of mine who is going in October called today to make a payment and the CM told her not to pay in full because a good deal would be coming on the next couple weeks.

A little renewed hope for all of us with the "no pin for you" curse!
A refund can always be given so I don't understand why not? I'm going in October and my balance is paid in full.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #2102
aprilp
Mouseketeer

Just called to check and see if I had a pin...haven't called before because I figured they were tired of ppl calling and asking, but the lady was really nice. I had her check all the folks in my party and of course none of us had a pin. She didn't say anything about any offers for the fall, just that there weren't any offers for dates past September. She did say that I could go ahead and book the trip and when/if a free dining offer came out, I could get them to add it to the existing reservation, if that type room at that resort was available. If not, they would just do a new reservation and I guess apply the downpayment to it. I didn't book it yet, though, because I have to talk to the other folks first, but I think I'm going to. We want to go the week after thanksgiving. Here's to hoping an offer comes out in July as it did in 2011 and 2009(we got free dining both times and LOVED it).
My WDW trips: New trip in the works late Nov or early Dec 2015; Oct 13-16, 2014 POR; Nov 18-23 2013 POR; Nov. 30-Dec. 4 2011 POP; Nov 30-Dec 5 2009 CSR; Dec 3-8 2008 POP; various times in 2003, 2004 & 2005 CB and offsite; 1996 overnight for my sister's graduation POR; 1991 - Grad Nite; multiple day trips 1970's-1980's w/family when we lived in Tampa[/I][/COLOR]

Last edited by aprilp; 06-29-2013 at 12:37 PM.
aprilp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #2103
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHobart View Post
Joe does a much better job of explaining the whys behind this here than I did on the site!!!

I have just two slight adds

1. My guess on when a GP FD deal would come out, if it does, would be after 8/6--so that it's after DIsney's quarterly earning call.
2. The passing out of pins to those who call--maybe its done so that just this kind of discussion happens? That is, it's a "social" strategy to get us all talking about WDW?

Ah ha! I think you are on to something. What better advertisement, than FREE advertisement????

So, I have been thinking about this some more; okay, maybe overanalyzing this, but it might just make sense. Disney is very aware of Dis and the vastness of it's members, and that the folks calling in and asking about free dining PIN codes attached to their account are mostly likely "us." They know the odds of getting a Dis-er on the line are very high. Disney employs a new marketing strategy by sprinkling some folks with pixie dust in the form of free dining and they know that the first thing Dis-ers are going to do is spread the good word. They have us doing all the work for them. Disney has definitely cut down/out on free dining advertisement on TV, so by giving away some free dining they are still way ahead of the game by spreading the word on social media.

The question is, why are they doing this now??? My fairy coated theory is this. Maybe in a way they are rewarding Dis-ers for their loyalty to Disney by giving us a heads up, if you will, on a GP free dining offer. Because all the offers have been very late in coming this year, and because I believe Disney is waiting as long as possible to see where bookings are at, there may be less rooms/dates open for free dining offer than in past years. So, it is definitely going to be a first come, first serve basis. By spreading the magic of randomly giving some folks free dining and knowing that info will be passed on here, and knowing that it will create quite a flurry and get more and more people excited, that we, the Dis-ers will be prepared and will definitely be first in line on the phone queues the day a free dining offer becomes available.

Now, back to reality...

Last edited by plutospalforever; 06-29-2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: crazy theory
plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #2104
dizcrazee
DIS Veteran

For what it's worth, the CM that I spoke to today when I made a change to my November package tried to enter a code that she had in order to give me free dining, but it wouldn't work. She said that she expects to see the discounts for fall coming out in July and recommended that I try again then. Of course, that all has to be taken with a grain of salt because the CMs don't always have the correct info, but I thought I'd share my experience. Good luck to everyone!

Me DH DD:
dizcrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #2105
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Ok, like others have said please take this with a several grains of salt as this comes from the reservations WD travel company phone CM. Had DH call as we all know I've been striking out and he had not called before. Asked about FD PIN, said we're going in October etc. No PIN, but they chit chatted a little about us going for our 18th Anniversary, how we had an ADR for the Tusker House and that he loves Mickey Waffles. CM also loved the Mickey waffles and wants to do a character meal as she had never done one.

Then she said to keep trying, that she's sure something will come for October. But she wasn't sure if it would be FD or something else. She said two more rounds of PINS were coming out. Then she commented that " they " were keeping them on pins and needles this year as its been different than it has ever been and they didn't know What was going on. But keep watching as something is coming after the PINS.

I hope of course it's GP free dining, and I hope the CM is very wrong about two more rounds of PINs :faint as I want the GP offer now as my luck with PINs this time has sucked.

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #2106
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Mom View Post
This puzzles me as well. Why keep sending them to the same people? I know several people on here have said they received 3 or more ~ what's up with that?
Not saying this is always true or anything,, but what I've noticed with myself Is that when we go 2 years in a row,the 2nd year we get nothing like PINS. But if we are skipping a year, the year we are skipping, it's like they get nervous and start flooding us. We are not going this year, and they keep emailing and mailing me Pins. The last email one said and I quote "Since you've been here before, we wanted to make it easy for you to come back and see us again." We would've long booked before this, and maybe they are trying to entice us.

-----------------------------------------------------------
1997 - off property 1999 - Caribbean
2009 - Caribbean 2010 - Coronado
2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
DJFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #2107
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHobart View Post

Joe does a much better job of explaining the whys behind this here than I did on the site!!!

I have just two slight adds

1. My guess on when a GP FD deal would come out, if it does, would be after 8/6--so that it's after DIsney's quarterly earning call.
2. The passing out of pins to those who call--maybe its done so that just this kind of discussion happens? That is, it's a "social" strategy to get us all talking about WDW?
Love your site! Thanks for joining us over here.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:20 AM   #2108
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFan88 View Post
Not saying this is always true or anything,, but what I've noticed with myself Is that when we go 2 years in a row,the 2nd year we get nothing like PINS. But if we are skipping a year, the year we are skipping, it's like they get nervous and start flooding us. We are not going this year, and they keep emailing and mailing me Pins. The last email one said and I quote "Since you've been here before, we wanted to make it easy for you to come back and see us again." We would've long booked before this, and maybe they are trying to entice us.
Interesting pattern. Perhaps that's part of their formula... maybe something weighted with frequency of visits, location, etc. We go every other year and the only PIN we've ever received was about 10 years ago. We're across country, so I've wondered if perhaps those living within a certain range from DW have a better chance of receiving a PIN.

Then again, maybe it's just one giant dart board!

1995 - All Star Resort; 2000 - Dixie Landing; 2004 - Coronado Springs; 2007 - Polynesian; 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside; 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside; 2013 - Polynesian; 2015 - Planning for Aulani; Plus more trips to Disneyland than could be counted!!
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:50 AM   #2109
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Hi!

My (now 4 yr old) son and husband experienced Disney for the 1st time last Nov as DS chose WDW for his Make a Wish. Needless to say, they were entranced by the magic that is Disney and we are working on going back on our own this November (a surprise for DS!)!! Looking at the week of the 10th. We are hoping to stay long enough to enjoy the parks AND get back to DS's other fav place on earth, Give Kids the World, for a day. Probably an 8 day stay with 5 at the parks, 1 at GKTW and 1 to relax.

I'm overwhelmed with the logistics! This is a BIG vacation- we just got approved for the Disney Visa Rewards card. That's one step done, at least. I'm thinking we will stay at ASM or POP. Free dining would be wonderful. Do I call & book and cross my toes that FD becomes available? Do I ask about it when I call? Newbie help appreciated :-). We want to save $ wherever we can. (As I know everyone does!). We have to book flights as well.

Thanks SO much!!!

Amy

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
aym4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:30 AM   #2110
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good
frankly I thought they were pretty goo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFan88 View Post
Hmmmmm, we skipped a year, maybe I should call!!! Do I just call the reservation line and ask?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2865060

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
bunkkinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:42 AM   #2111
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

I usually go every other year and the last was 2011 but I have not gotten this pin. Disney destinations has been emailing me that dam three diget code but not the free dining pin. I would rather it go to the gp because it seems there's very little availability left unless you switch resort's or upgrade to garden view or royle room.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:48 AM   #2112
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
Hi!

My (now 4 yr old) son and husband experienced Disney for the 1st time last Nov as DS chose WDW for his Make a Wish. Needless to say, they were entranced by the magic that is Disney and we are working on going back on our own this November (a surprise for DS!)!! Looking at the week of the 10th. We are hoping to stay long enough to enjoy the parks AND get back to DS's other fav place on earth, Give Kids the World, for a day. Probably an 8 day stay with 5 at the parks, 1 at GKTW and 1 to relax.

I'm overwhelmed with the logistics! This is a BIG vacation- we just got approved for the Disney Visa Rewards card. That's one step done, at least. I'm thinking we will stay at ASM or POP. Free dining would be wonderful. Do I call & book and cross my toes that FD becomes available? Do I ask about it when I call? Newbie help appreciated :-). We want to save $ wherever we can. (As I know everyone does!). We have to book flights as well.

Thanks SO much!!!

Amy
You can go ahead and make your reservation now. When Fd offer comes out (I am being positive here and saying "when" not "if"), you can then call to have the FD discount applied. You may have to switch room type and/or resort if there is no availability at resort you booked so best to have a couple backup resort choices just in case. At the value resorts, the FD is for 2 QS meals & 1 snack per person per night. You can upgrade to the regular DDP (1 TS meal, 1 QS meal & 1 snack per person per night) by paying the price difference between the 2 plans.
If you are planning on doing any table service meals, you should go ahead and make your ADRs for those now. Those restaurants book up fast.
Good luck - may the FD fairy send her magic FD pixie dust your way.

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #2113
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkkinsmom View Post
Hmmmmm, we skipped a year, maybe I should call!!! Do I just call the reservation line and ask?
Yes, just call Disney reservations number & ask if there is a FD pin code attached to your name (or anyone else in your party). If you have more than 1 email address (or street address) that Disney might have on file, mention those too. Good luck!

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #2114
delilah18
DIS Veteran

Anyone else with the free dining pin finding the week of october25th to November 3rd with nothing available in any category?
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

delilah18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #2115
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Anyone else with the free dining pin finding the week of october25th to November 3rd with nothing available in any category?
Confirmed; I just tried with my PIN and nothing was available either. This seems to be true with many of the dates and I really do not understand why they would keep sending PINs out, at this point they are virtually worthless to most people. Hopefully they will just forget about the PINs and go directly to Visa/GP free dining.

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: