Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #2086
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rockinmama View Post

While I know that getting FD with a value requires a 'premium' room and not a standard, I assume (and we all know what that can do to us) that at a Moderate they would require a premium room as well. Hence why I booked the royal room at PO-R. Should I change this to something else or leave it? I'm hoping to jump on the early Disney Visa FD if/when it's released for a 12/4 arrival.
Thoughts on room change or keep? TY!
No, you have bad info. It doesn't "require" a preferred or upgraded room.
If standards are available, you can book them. Doesn't matter if you are already booked.
I've never booked a preferred room at a value, and this will be my fourth trip with FD.
The first day of booking with dis visa should have plenty available, with the possible exception of a handful of popular resorts.
No matter what you have booked, you will only be able to get free dining for what they have available.
So what you book now in no way affects what you will be able to book with FD. You might keep the same type of room level, you might have to change to another room or resort.
Does that answer your question?
Am I understanding your question correctly?
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #2087
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Mom View Post
Haha, so true Sylkie. BTW, have you had much rain this week? All of my son's baseball games have been rained out except last night ~ he actually played a doubleheader in Wilson. I was shocked we made it through both games but we did!
Yep - rain, rain and then more rain. Was surprised we didn't get another storm last night. All the rain we've been having is making the grass grow really fast (well, technically most of the green stuff in the yard is weeds, but at least there's something green-colored in my yard). The neighbor kid down the street that mows my yard is gonna make a small fortune this summer if this keeps up.

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #2088
1rockinmama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
No, you have bad info. It doesn't "require" a preferred or upgraded room.
If standards are available, you can book them. Doesn't matter if you are already booked.
I've never booked a preferred room at a value, and this will be my fourth trip with FD.
The first day of booking with dis visa should have plenty available, with the possible exception of a handful of popular resorts.
No matter what you have booked, you will only be able to get free dining for what they have available.
So what you book now in no way affects what you will be able to book with FD. You might keep the same type of room level, you might have to change to another room or resort.
Does that answer your question?
Am I understanding your question correctly?
Yes and No and thank you for tackling my question.
I always prebook a room before FD goes live. And it's always been a standard value resort room. But when I call day of Disney Visa FD, they tell me they don't have anymore 'standard' rooms available allocated for that and I'll have to upgrade to a preferred room b/c that's all they have available.
So my question I guess was, was I 'safe' to book a 'prefered' room at PO-R in case that problem arrises again. But from your answer, it sounds like I should just go with a standard and 'IF' they force me again, I can go the 'preferred' route.
'03 California Grand--'04 Disneyland Hotel--'05 Disneyland off-site--'08 Pop Century--'08 AS Movies--'09 AS Music--'10 AS Movies *Mommy/Daughter Trip*--'10 AS Music--'11 AS Sports--'12 AS Movies--'13 AofA-LM '14 CBR
1rockinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:54 PM   #2089
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

Dave runs a good site. Always good info there. Plus you can never have too much Disney world information.
You still predicting it will go public, Joe? Or is it a lost cause?
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #2090
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post

You still predicting it will go public, Joe? Or is it a lost cause?
Yeah, I been wondering that too. Have the tides turned against us?

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #2091
alylyn80
Earning My Ears

A friend of mine who is going in October called today to make a payment and the CM told her not to pay in full because a good deal would be coming on the next couple weeks.

A little renewed hope for all of us with the "no pin for you" curse!

alylyn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #2092
Tarheel Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alylyn80 View Post
A friend of mine who is going in October called today to make a payment and the CM told her not to pay in full because a good deal would be coming on the next couple weeks.

A little renewed hope for all of us with the "no pin for you" curse!
I'll tell ya, this roller coaster of a ride that is free dining rivals anything Disney has with all of these ups and downs!
11/18/11 - 11/26/11 Off Site - Kissimmee, FL
11/20/13 - 11/30/13 - POR/Royal Guest Room
9/25/14 - 10/4/14 - Coronado Springs
9/25/15 - 10/3/15 - Coronado Springs

Tarheel Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #2093
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
Yeah, I been wondering that too. Have the tides turned against us?
It's a wait and see game at this point. I've spoken with Dave, and as he said, it can go either way. The fact that they're still sending out PINs is good, because that means they aren't filling rooms. At a certain point, if that continues to be the case, they will go public. The interesting kink lately is them offering it to the public, in terms of randomly giving it to those calling without a PIN....how that changes the dynamic is anyone's guess. But it's clear that they still are not getting the occupancy rates they're looking for because new waves of PINs continue to fly. I still think that whatever offer goes public will most likely be into the first week of August.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #2094
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Ok, who's up for a chat?

I'm in the room!!!

In other news, the D23 presentation of upcoming attractions has been cancelled. It seems that all of the new attractions/lands are not far enough along on the drawing boards to present anything at this point....and interestingly enough, Avatarland is still in the cards so far.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Last edited by black562; 06-28-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #2095
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Mom View Post

AMEN!!!! I just called to check for a pin and, of course, no luck. I even mentioned that without free dining we would have to cancel our reservation, no budging. I asked her how some people are getting fd without getting a pin and she said "Oh, they can only get it if they have a pin" ~ yeah, right and I have some ocean front property in Tennessee to sell ya. So, either she wasn't the cm picked to spread pixie dust today or I wasn't the correct number caller. Oh, well, in 21 weeks I'll be in Disney World with free dining or not ~ but it sure would be nice to try it
Lol!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:52 PM   #2096
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again here:

Trying to apply reason and logic to how the mailing list is done for Disney's FD offer pin codes is like trying to apply reason and logic to anything our government does - can't be done!
Baaaahaaaaa!!! So true!!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #2097
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
I've said it before, and I'll say it again here:

Trying to apply reason and logic to how the mailing list is done for Disney's FD offer pin codes is like trying to apply reason and logic to anything our government does - can't be done!
HEY NOW...I work for the Government....and I still don't know how Disney does it. So that makes the pin code system WORSE than Government logic.
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 06-28-2013, 11:09 PM   #2098
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
HEY NOW...I work for the Government....and I still don't know how Disney does it. So that makes the pin code system WORSE than Government logic.
Ah yes, "government logic" - I used to think it was the quintessential oxymoron until I became a Disboard addict & started reading all the posts about the FD pin codes. Now I think gov logic has a serious rival for that title!
My daughter works for the government, too. When she 1st started, she'd call me and tell me so-and-so at work was going to driver her crazy because they wanted her to do something this way instead of that way and not do something that way instead of this way. Then she'd go on about how it made absolutely no sense at all. I'd just remind her to take a deep breath, remember who she was working for, & relax!

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #2099
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rockinmama View Post
Yes and No and thank you for tackling my question.
I always prebook a room before FD goes live. And it's always been a standard value resort room. But when I call day of Disney Visa FD, they tell me they don't have anymore 'standard' rooms available allocated for that and I'll have to upgrade to a preferred room b/c that's all they have available.
So my question I guess was, was I 'safe' to book a 'prefered' room at PO-R in case that problem arrises again. But from your answer, it sounds like I should just go with a standard and 'IF' they force me again, I can go the 'preferred' route.
Right...it doesn't matter what you have already booked, so you don't have to stress out about it.
Sounds like you've had a string of bad luck! Like I said, many have had no problem getting standards first day...just depending on the resort.
And, no matter what you end up getting when you call, don't be afraid to call back and see what opens up if you'd prefer a different room level.
People cancel, or upgrade, or downgrade all the time, and also sometimes WDW opens extra rooms for a sale.
Hope you get what you are looking for!
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #2100
DavidHobart
yourfirstvisit

Quote:
It's a wait and see game at this point. I've spoken with Dave, and as he said, it can go either way. The fact that they're still sending out PINs is good, because that means they aren't filling rooms. At a certain point, if that continues to be the case, they will go public. The interesting kink lately is them offering it to the public, in terms of randomly giving it to those calling without a PIN....how that changes the dynamic is anyone's guess. But it's clear that they still are not getting the occupancy rates they're looking for because new waves of PINs continue to fly. I still think that whatever offer goes public will most likely be into the first week of August.
Joe does a much better job of explaining the whys behind this here than I did on the site!!!

I have just two slight adds

1. My guess on when a GP FD deal would come out, if it does, would be after 8/6--so that it's after DIsney's quarterly earning call.
2. The passing out of pins to those who call--maybe its done so that just this kind of discussion happens? That is, it's a "social" strategy to get us all talking about WDW?

Note that I stopped updating this list in 11/13 as it is getting silly long! POR 9/13 All-Star Sports/All-Star Movies 8/13 Pop Century/All-Star Music/Polynesian 5/13 The Cabins at Fort Wilderness/Portofino Bay 3/13 POR Standard Room 2/13 POFQ/Coronado Springs 1/13 Old Key West/POR Royal Room 12/12 Port Orleans Riverside Alligator Bayou 11/12 Art of Animation Little Mermaid 9/12 All-Star Music Family Suite 8/12 Art of Animation Family Suite 6/12 Beach Club Villas/Caribbean Beach 5/12 Caribbean Beach 3/12 Yacht Club 1/12 BoardWalk Inn/Villas 12/11 Disneyland Hotel 11/11 Grand Floridian 10/11 Beach Club/Jambo House Villas 8/11 Contemporary/Royal Pacific 5/11 Wilderness Lodge/POFQ 3/11 Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge 1/11 Old Key West 11/10 Grand Californian 11/10 Wilderness Lodge/Bay Lake Tower 8/10 All-Star Movies 6/10 All-Star Sports 4/10 AKL Kidani Village/Pop Century/Off-site 1/10 POFQ/Fort Wilderness Cabins 9/09 Treehouses/Coronado Springs 8/09 POR 5/09 Caribbean Beach/Pop Century 3/09 Saratoga Springs 1/09 Old Key West 10/08 Fort Wilderness Campground 7/08 Boardwalk Villas 4/08 Animal Kingdom Lodge/All Star Music 2/08 Polynesian 1/08 Pop Century 12/07 Coronado Springs 8/07 POR 5/07 Pop Century 12/06 POFQ/Shades of Green 11/06 All Star Movies 8/06 Fort Wilderness Campground 5/06 Off-site 1/06 Boardwalk 12/05 Caribbean Beach 10/05 Fort Wilderness Campground 4/05 Pop Century 3/05 Pop Century 1/05 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2/02 Wilderness Lodge Villas 11/00 Contemporary 2/77 Polynesian 3/76 Contemporary 2/75
DavidHobart is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: