Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #2011
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
BBs are offers that Disney provides to get you to return. In Oct, the BB will likely be a FD offer for dates in mid-Aug-mid to late Sept. 2014. It must be booked before you check out of the resort (no exceptions), and you can only book more than one room if you have more than one adult in your current room. The deposit would be the normal $200 for a FD stay. You do not have to stay on the same resort for the future trip, and they can be modified later, but it usually involves being transferred to guest services because regular CMs can't access the BB availability. If there is a BB, it will be property wide in terms of who can book. If you don't see any information in your welcome packet, just call ext. 8844 from your room and see if there is an offer available. That is also the number to call to book the BB.
Are all rooms offered the BB or just select? I know we got one in 2011 and had no idea what it was and tossed it

This time I plan on taking advantage of it so I won't be doing this again! LOL

Sept 2013 - 10 day Family Trip
Jan 2011 - 7 day Family Trip
1990-1998 - 50+ day and/or multi day trips
kcwiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #2012
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwiak View Post
I have never either. It will be just my luck that I get one now when I already have the trip and FD. Then I will never see another!
That is what happened to me! I already booked Sept FD and have gotten 2 PINS and I will probably never see one again. Those are my first and my last, that's why they are burning a hole in my pocket!!

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #2013
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
I haven't received anything from them in about a month. I know some find it encouraging that more pins are out. Really it is discouraging to me. To me it says they are trying to fill rooms so they don't have to offer it to the public.
Me too but it has been a few months for me! How do you get on it again?

Old 06-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #2014
Tarheel Mom
Mouseketeer

The one thing that keeps me going is that I'm going to WDW regardless of free dining. Now whether or not I get to stay on-site for the first time depends on that announcement but at least I will be at Disney World. Some of my ADR's may have to be cancelled if there is no fd and we may have to "eat on the cheap" but I'm gonna see MICKEY anyway. Now, with that said, I will be really disappointed if we don't get the visa/gp offer because I have my heart set on POFQ and can picture my family walking the grounds, riding the boat to DTD and soaking up rays at the pool. Come on Disney, put us out of our misery already! The next 5 weeks will be t-o-r-t-u-r-e!
11/18/11 - 11/26/11 Off Site - Kissimmee, FL
11/20/13 - 11/30/13 - POR/Royal Guest Room
9/25/14 - 10/4/14 - Coronado Springs
9/25/15 - 10/3/15 - Coronado Springs

Tarheel Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #2015
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Off topic....but did any of you read about the mousekeeper that was caught stealing at AofA?
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #2016
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Mom View Post
The one thing that keeps me going is that I'm going to WDW regardless of free dining. Now whether or not I get to stay on-site for the first time depends on that announcement but at least I will be at Disney World. Some of my ADR's may have to be cancelled if there is no fd and we may have to "eat on the cheap" but I'm gonna see MICKEY anyway. Now, with that said, I will be really disappointed if we don't get the visa/gp offer because I have my heart set on POFQ and can picture my family walking the grounds, riding the boat to DTD and soaking up rays at the pool. Come on Disney, put us out of our misery already! The next 5 weeks will be t-o-r-t-u-r-e!
It's a good point. Once we decide we are going then regardless we go. It is hard though to not sit and hope your balance goes down with FD (we always do DDP when we go even when not free).

Old 06-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #2017
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Off topic....but did any of you read about the mousekeeper that was caught stealing at AofA?
No, where is that? In the resorts threads?
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #2018
JLKennedy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
They are set dates with no wiggle room just like all other offers.
1 thing I DO KNOW....nothing is WIGGLE-PROOF. Any and all offers are subject to leeway by authorized persons.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 06-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #2019
tyguy7760
Earning My Ears

My mother was emailed a pin today. I wonder if there is some way I can use it for my wife and I.
tyguy7760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #2020
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLKennedy View Post
1 thing I DO KNOW....nothing is WIGGLE-PROOF. Any and all offers are subject to leeway by authorized persons.

I am not sure that we could even do the BB with my kids school schedule. We have been on year round all this time but next fall (late summer) I will have the boys on traditional since the oldest starts high school... and my daughter on another schedule. Fun times!! Our only travel times might be Christmas breaks and January.

Now, I keep checking the Disney cruise website for Dec 2014...Someone needs to take me off these boards...
Old 06-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #2021
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend

No, where is that? In the resorts threads?
It was in an email I got today....
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/General_...wdwinfo.com%29
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #2022
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

I posted this on another thread too, but wanted to make sure you all saw it. The PIN is not dead. My cousin got it today in her email, and nothing has changed with it. Still all the same dates. Good luck and keep calling.
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #2023
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyguy7760 View Post
My mother was emailed a pin today. I wonder if there is some way I can use it for my wife and I.
Is your mom going with you? Other than that, you would have to have the same address & name.

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #2024
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwiak View Post
Are all rooms offered the BB or just select? I know we got one in 2011 and had no idea what it was and tossed it

This time I plan on taking advantage of it so I won't be doing this again! LOL
All rooms will be offered the bounceback if one is available, but there will be exclusions as to what you can book with it (like no LM rooms at AoA, for example). Also, many times they do not list the values as being included in the offer, but when you call to book, you will find that they are included, so always ask before you think you can't use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLKennedy View Post

People may get pixie dusted with some other type offer, but a BB is set in stone. You cannot book it unless you are a current guest, and the dates cannot be outside of the offer to use it (other than your trip extending past the end of an eligible discount like checking in on the last FD date). This is a completely different situation than using someone else's PIN to get a deal.

I can't tell you how many times people have posted that they didn't book the BB while they were there and tried to book it after they got home. They are always told that it is not possible. That's why I always suggest calling ext. 8844 before you leave even if you don't see any offer in your room or welcome packet. Once you check out, you are out of luck.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #2025
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post

I haven't received anything from them in about a month. I know some find it encouraging that more pins are out. Really it is discouraging to me. To me it says they are trying to fill rooms so they don't have to offer it to the public.
I worry about that too. So....I called again...I know, I know, I thought I had given it up but had a brief flare of hope when I'd saw more had been sent out. Nope, nothing. No emails either. Hopes dashed again And really worried about GP offer now. Is this many waves of PINS normal?

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: