Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-17-2013, 08:59 AM   #1846
peel
DIS Veteran
 
peel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Waterbury, CT
Posts: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Not likely, in the past few years, it's been as late as August 3rd. I've been expecting either the last week of July or the first week of August all along.

But honestly, the release date isn't the important thing, it's the dates offered. I've always said that leaks only settle nerves, nothing more. No leak in history saves people money (though some say they did), it's the promo that Disney offers that saves them money. Even without a leak, they would still release the promo at the same time and everyone would save money, all the leak does is frantically tie up phone lines on the first few hours that morning as everyone somehow thinks it will sell out. In fact, there are still plenty of rooms available for the september free dining. Sure, a room type, or possibly a resort may sell out, but most do not. I believe the only ones sold out so far are Art of Animation and French Quarter, and only because one is so new and the other is so small.

Let's focus on offering dates, which look pretty solid...and that should keep everyone on target to call and book as soon as it's available.
Agreed, but the longer the wait the more the airfare can rise, and the second week of August is the 45 day mark for my current reservation. It's just cutting things really close for my particular situation. So, I hope the CM was wrong!
__________________
peel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #1847
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran
 
prettypatchesmsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 726

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Not likely, in the past few years, it's been as late as August 3rd. I've been expecting either the last week of July or the first week of August all along.

But honestly, the release date isn't the important thing, it's the dates offered. I've always said that leaks only settle nerves, nothing more. No leak in history saves people money (though some say they did), it's the promo that Disney offers that saves them money. Even without a leak, they would still release the promo at the same time and everyone would save money, all the leak does is frantically tie up phone lines on the first few hours that morning as everyone somehow thinks it will sell out. In fact, there are still plenty of rooms available for the september free dining. Sure, a room type, or possibly a resort may sell out, but most do not. I believe the only ones sold out so far are Art of Animation and French Quarter, and only because one is so new and the other is so small.

Let's focus on offering dates, which look pretty solid...and that should keep everyone on target to call and book as soon as it's available.
I'm also one of the impatiently waiting folks, but I really appreciate you saying the offering dates look solid. I'm nervous as I had to book with or without, and used the PIN and likely GP offer dates to try and hit in what will be offered. I have high hopes my 10/19 will be in a GP for free cs dining. Hated having to go ahead, but it was necessary and we are going either way. But hated not getting the PIN so the anxiety would have been over Thanks!
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #1848
shellypaige
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 394

I'm sure this has been answered but does anyone think we'll see room only discounts in November? We have reservations nov 11-17 @ poly and we already have discounted park tickets through my company so we can't do free dining but we'd love a room discount!
shellypaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #1849
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,649

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Let's focus on offering dates, which look pretty solid...and that should keep everyone on target to call and book as soon as it's available.
By offering dates, you mean the dates which will be available with a discount? You think those are solid? Not much of a chance of the week prior to Thanksgiving suddenly booking up and not being offered? Someone posted awhile back that the week before Thanksgiving and the week before Christmas would likely not go public. That scared me a bit.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #1850
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,649

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellypaige View Post
I'm sure this has been answered but does anyone think we'll see room only discounts in November? We have reservations nov 11-17 @ poly and we already have discounted park tickets through my company so we can't do free dining but we'd love a room discount!
Usually when free dining is offered so is room only.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #1851
shellypaige
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 394

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post

Usually when free dining is offered so is room only.
Thanks!
shellypaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #1852
WDW-A-RAMA
Mouseketeer
 
WDW-A-RAMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post

By offering dates, you mean the dates which will be available with a discount? You think those are solid? Not much of a chance of the week prior to Thanksgiving suddenly booking up and not being offered? Someone posted awhile back that the week before Thanksgiving and the week before Christmas would likely not go public. That scared me a bit.
It scares me a bit too! I purposely choose 11/21 as our check in date so that I could get free dining for the duration of our trip--11/21-12/2. I was looking at historical blackout times around Thanksgiving. I figured it was probably safe to book for the Thursday before that week, but I have been second guessing ever since. The pin offer ends on Saturday, 11/23, but don't you all think they will change the GP offer to an earlier date?
__________________
November 2008 1st tripPort Orleans Riverside 2009 April 2010 Pop Century-Extended Family Trip November 2010 Pop Century November 2011 Pop Century November 2013 Pop Century November 2014 Port Orleans Riverside


WDW-A-RAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #1853
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept
 
black562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,190

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW-A-RAMA View Post

It scares me a bit too! I purposely choose 11/21 as our check in date so that I could get free dining for the duration of our trip--11/21-12/2. I was looking at historical blackout times around Thanksgiving. I figured it was probably safe to book for the Thursday before that week, but I have been second guessing ever since. The pin offer ends on Saturday, 11/23, but don't you all think they will change the GP offer to an earlier date?
If the pin codes do so well that they fill their rooms then that would remove a set of dates from public offering. That typically hasn't happened in past. But always a chance it could, so we really need to wait and see how well the pins do. Since they're still sending them out in waves that's a good sign they need more people to book. Otherwise they would be sending out with fewer date ranges already.
__________________
Joe
1973-1994 - Off Site | 1995 - Carribbean Beach, All Star Music, Beach Club | 1996 - Dixie Landings
1997 - Off Site
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs



black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #1854
Dsnyless in Seattle
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
If the pin codes do so well that they fill their rooms then that would remove a set of dates from public offering. That typically hasn't happened in past. But always a chance it could, so we really need to wait and see how well the pins do. Since they're still sending them out in waves that's a good sign they need more people to book. Otherwise they would be sending out with fewer date ranges already.
So with the pin code dates being offered... To me, it would logically follow that an October GP FD offer should probably much match up with the October pin dates they're sending out, don't you think? More so than bounceback? The reason I'm asking is that the pin dates I've seen posted and BB offer dates posted looked a bit different. We booked based on pin dates in hopes of the FD extravaganza... Thoughts?
__________________
Dsnyless in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #1855
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,649

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnyless in Seattle View Post

So with the pin code dates being offered... To me, it would logically follow that an October GP FD offer should probably much match up with the October pin dates they're sending out, don't you think? More so than bounceback? The reason I'm asking is that the pin dates I've seen posted and BB offer dates posted looked a bit different. We booked based on pin dates in hopes of the FD extravaganza... Thoughts?
Seems to me what black is saying without saying it is anything is possible. Don't count on anything until it is announced. However, it is likely not definite that the general public offer IF OFFERED will be close to the pin code dates minus August. So pretty much nothing is known.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:42 AM   #1856
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept
 
black562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,190

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post

Seems to me what black is saying without saying it is anything is possible. Don't count on anything until it is announced. However, it is likely not definite that the general public offer IF OFFERED will be close to the pin code dates minus August. So pretty much nothing is known.
The feeling is pretty confident that it will match the pin dates. What I was trying to say is that every single pin date range may not be offered. For instance if one set of dates sell really well, then it wouldn't make sense to offer. However my point was that pins are still going out with the same date ranges which indicates they are still needing to fill rooms for all of those dates. If we saw a pin go out with some dates missing, that would be a whole other story but that hasn't happened yet.

Also remember that Disney themselves have changed dates even after a promo was released. They have done it many times over the years. Sometimes adding dates and sometimes taking a few days off.
__________________
Joe
1973-1994 - Off Site | 1995 - Carribbean Beach, All Star Music, Beach Club | 1996 - Dixie Landings
1997 - Off Site
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs



black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:06 AM   #1857
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran
 
HBGdancermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 2,300

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

The feeling is pretty confident that it will match the pin dates. What I was trying to say is that every single pin date range may not be offered. For instance if one set of dates sell really well, then it wouldn't make sense to offer. However my point was that pins are still going out with the same date ranges which indicates they are still needing to fill rooms for all of those dates. If we saw a pin go out with some dates missing, that would be a whole other story but that hasn't happened yet.

Also remember that Disney themselves have changed dates even after a promo was released. They have done it many times over the years. Sometimes adding dates and sometimes taking a few days off.
Do you have idea Black of when they might release a dsct? I know you said late July-mid August but do you have anything leading you to certain dates? I feel like we heard about the may 6th date about 3-4 weeks early. Can't really remember though. Lol

I am just grasping at straws at this point. Lol
__________________
DH, me, DS14, DS11, DD7
_____________________________________________
Previous trips - Oct. 2011 Doubletree, Oct. 2013 Beach Club CL, April 2014 Yacht Club CL, February 2015 Boardwalk Inn CL
___________________________________________
HBGdancermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #1858
dance2874
DIS Veteran
 
dance2874's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,185

Can anyone do me a favor that HAS a pin code? I currently have a regular FD reservation at CBR because that was all that was available. We can change our dates to a week later if it meant a different moderate, because the thought of the small beds at CBR is killing us. A friend we are travelling with got a pin code but she cant call right now, stupid work lol.

Can anyone call and check availability at moderates for Sept 29-October 5th? We need 2 rooms. Id be forever grateful! We just dont want to get her fired for calling....unless it means we can get a different resort
__________________
dance2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #1859
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf
 
plutospalforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Country
Posts: 1,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Do you have idea Black of when they might release a dsct? I know you said late July-mid August but do you have anything leading you to certain dates? I feel like we heard about the may 6th date about 3-4 weeks early. Can't really remember though. Lol

I am just grasping at straws at this point. Lol
I can tell you, the very first "leak" was on here on April 19 and the more detailed one was on April 24th. If that helps you out any?

Hi! and Thanks!
__________________
Me DH DS(13) DD(10) DD(5) DS(2) DPuppy

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #1860
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf
 
plutospalforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Country
Posts: 1,718

Just wanted to share this, and of course WE already know this, but I recently bought a book on ways to save money at WDW (sorry, the title shall remain nameless as to not break any "rules"). And right there, in print, it said to "just ask" for Free Dining when you call, because it is a Disney practice to apply this at random.
__________________
Me DH DS(13) DD(10) DD(5) DS(2) DPuppy

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: