Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #1771
nan1217
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
I think you gals both should keep the BOG. I have read some really good reviews too!!!
I'm the one who wrote the not-so-great review of BoG dinner. When people ask me if they should keep their BoG ADR, I tell them what you did. My point was that service is really inconsistent and the difficulty in getting the reservation doesn't match the experience so I'm not sure it's worth the trouble. If you have the ADR already though? Go, have fun, and report back! You might just love it.
nan1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #1772
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
Pluto (and any others wondering if they should keep their BOG ressie), take a look at this review. It is for BOG lunch, but there is also a link to dinner review. I think you'll be reassured that BOG is a good choice after looking at the lunch and dinner reviews here(complete with lots of pics of the interior - and food too!). http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...taurant-lunch/
Thanks, Sylk, that was a great review. Looking at all the pictures of the place makes me want to go just for that reason. I would love to eat in the West Wing, but I am not sure if the 24 month old would. Will have to see how he handles fireworks, first. Thanks again for the link.

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #1773
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan1217 View Post
I'm the one who wrote the not-so-great review of BoG dinner. When people ask me if they should keep their BoG ADR, I tell them what you did. My point was that service is really inconsistent and the difficulty in getting the reservation doesn't match the experience so I'm not sure it's worth the trouble. If you have the ADR already though? Go, have fun, and report back! You might just love it.
Hi Nan!
I love your site! I only just discovered it a couple of weeks ago; do not know how I missed it? I fully appreciate the candidness of your review and always welcome different points of view. I do already have an ADR for BoG, so I guess I will enjoy the wonderful, new experience. Seeing the photos make me even more excited to try the place. Thank you!!

Old 06-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #1774
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Woohoo - I am so happy for you! Congrats!!
Thanks. Now we keep shaking for everyone else.
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #1775
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate princess 2 View Post
So now I am toatlly excited again. My inlaws decided to go with us. We used their PIN, upgraded to CBR, and still saved $1200.00 I do believe in fairies.
OMGosh!!! How did I miss this?!! I am sooooo happy for you! That is wonderful news! Congrats! I am dancing at my computer!

Old 06-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #1776
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So now I am toatlly excited again. My inlaws decided to go with us. We used their PIN, upgraded to CBR, and still saved $1200.00 I do believe in fairies.
That is so wonderful!!!
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #1777
amccu18007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. Now we keep shaking for everyone else.
Congrats!! Woohoo!
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 YACHT CLUB

amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #1778
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
OMGosh!!! How did I miss this?!! I am sooooo happy for you! That is wonderful news! Congrats! I am dancing at my computer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
That is so wonderful!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amccu18007 View Post
Congrats!! Woohoo!
Thank you. I have been busy adjusting hotels and dining today, but I had a great CM on the phone for dining reservations, Clark. He was awesome. We are at 72 days and I only had one problem, but he offered me an even better alternative.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #1779
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Pluto, I guess the inlaws didn't want me to move in with them.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #1780
DebbiePMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan1217 View Post
Thank you Nan for posting this... and your review of BOG. Fun to see you on here! The vegan option is my biggest concern... but .... I think I will give it a chance, and if my husband, who other than being vegan, isn't a picky eater, really doesn't like it, then we can just stop for a snack later. I sooooo want to see and be inside the castle.... Thanks! And we all love your binder idea!
Old 06-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #1781
DebbiePMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you. I have been busy adjusting hotels and dining today, but I had a great CM on the phone for dining reservations, Clark. He was awesome. We are at 72 days and I only had one problem, but he offered me an even better alternative.
Wonderful!! Where did you get your dining reservations for?
Old 06-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #1782
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Don't leave us in suspense here. What was the problem, & what was the "even better alternative"? Inquiring minds want to know.

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #1783
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbiePMN View Post
Wonderful!! Where did you get your dining reservations for?
The only one I had to change altogether was 50s Prime Time. We had a res for 4, but couldn't get 6. So the CM said he had one for Hollywood and Vine with a Fantasmic package! How did I fall into that? Otherwise we are at Norway, Garden Grill, Mickey's Backyard BBQ, Boma, O'hana, Morocco, and Be Our Guest. The inlaws are only with us the first 4. Thank goodness I didn't have to try to change BOG!.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #1784
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Don't leave us in suspense here. What was the problem, & what was the "even better alternative"? Inquiring minds want to know.
Sorry Sylkie. I didn't know you'd want all the info. I get so use to people around tired of hearing me go on and on about Disney. I forgot you all love it as much.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #1785
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Sorry Sylkie. I didn't know you'd want all the info. I get so use to people around tired of hearing me go on and on about Disney. I forgot you all love it as much.
There are people who get tired of talking/hearing about Disney? Really?? This does not compute to me - definitely not the world I live in!

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: