Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #1756
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Thanks Debbie for posting that review, and thank you too,Pigletto for sharing your experience. Pigletto, what time of year did you go? And I wonder when the reviewer went. September is less busy, so possibly that would mean better service. We are very food adventurous family, but French is our least favorite. I just wanted to go there for the ambience and the experience, ok, mostly to have a glass of wine in the Magic Kingdom! Lol...Hmmmm... What to do? Really, tell me what I should do.

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #1757
DebbiePMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Thanks Debbie for posting that review, and thank you too,Pigletto for sharing your experience. Pigletto, what time of year did you go? And I wonder when the reviewer went. September is less busy, so possibly that would mean better service. We are very food adventurous family, but French is our least favorite. I just wanted to go there for the ambience and the experience, ok, mostly to have a glass of wine in the Magic Kingdom! Lol...Hmmmm... What to do? Really, tell me what I should do.

Hi
The reviewer just got back home in the last couple of days, you can find her at wdwprepschool.com she has wonderful wonderful tips and ideas. I don't know what I'm going to do either.... I think that I'll keep looking for reviews. I really want to eat inside that place, but I too would say that I don't enjoy French food... good night!!
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 05:58 AM   #1758
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbiePMN View Post

Hi
The reviewer just got back home in the last couple of days, you can find her at wdwprepschool.com she has wonderful wonderful tips and ideas. I don't know what I'm going to do either.... I think that I'll keep looking for reviews. I really want to eat inside that place, but I too would say that I don't enjoy French food... good night!!
I think you gals both should keep the BOG. I have read some really good reviews too!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #1759
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Hi
I must have missed that review. I love her idea about the binder and I think I am going to make one-hers is really cute!

Old 06-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #1760
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
I think you gals both should keep the BOG. I have read some really good reviews too!!!
I most likely will keep it for the cute and curious factor. After each kid, my standards for dining have greatly decreased and I have never had a bad food or service experience, ever, at WDW. Most likely because I always travel during less busy times.
My only concern is that our ADR is on a Friday night (6:30) right before MNSSHP. I have been told that as soon as you are finished eating, CM's literally whisk you away to the front gate (can't even stop for bathroom). Does this mean we are going to be rushed through dinner and not allowed to linger inside and take a look at the place, meet the Beast??

Old 06-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #1761
DebbiePMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I most likely will keep it for the cute and curious factor. After each kid, my standards for dining have greatly decreased and I have never had a bad food or service experience, ever, at WDW. Most likely because I always travel during less busy times.
My only concern is that our ADR is on a Friday night (6:30) right before MNSSHP. I have been told that as soon as you are finished eating, CM's literally whisk you away to the front gate (can't even stop for bathroom). Does this mean we are going to be rushed through dinner and not allowed to linger inside and take a look at the place, meet the Beast??
That's a very good question... and that would be very sad not to get to see the Beast.... When I booked this dinner, I didn't even think about when MNSSHP was going to be. Our dinner is Sept 20th.. also a Friday. (we are going to MNSSHP on Tuesday that week)... I think our dinner is a bit earlier... maybe 5 p.m. - I can't remember without looking at my plan.

And thanks for the suggestions from everyone! Really enjoying the people on this thread!
Old 06-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #1762
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Pluto (and any others wondering if they should keep their BOG ressie), take a look at this review. It is for BOG lunch, but there is also a link to dinner review. I think you'll be reassured that BOG is a good choice after looking at the lunch and dinner reviews here(complete with lots of pics of the interior - and food too!). http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...taurant-lunch/

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #1763
DebbiePMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I must have missed that review. I love her idea about the binder and I think I am going to make one-hers is really cute!
She just sent it out yesterday morning! I'm on her emailing list....
I love the binder idea too! I've started mine, but it's not even close to being as cute as hers... at least not yet!
Old 06-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #1764
DebbiePMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
Pluto (and any others wondering if they should keep their BOG ressie), take a look at this review. It is for BOG lunch, but there is also a link to dinner review. I think you'll be reassured that BOG is a good choice after looking at the lunch and dinner reviews here(complete with lots of pics of the interior - and food too!). http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...taurant-lunch/
Thank you! I'm going to look at it right now!
Old 06-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #1765
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

We have a res for BOG our last night there and DH and I are celebrating our anniversary. I have a friend who ate dinner their in April and her whole family loved it. I am hoping we can get the grey stuff.
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #1766
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
That's a very good question... and that would be very sad not to get to see the Beast.... When I booked this dinner, I didn't even think about when MNSSHP was going to be. Our dinner is Sept 20th.. also a Friday. (we are going to MNSSHP on Tuesday that week)... I think our dinner is a bit earlier... maybe 5 p.m. - I can't remember without looking at my plan.

And thanks for the suggestions from everyone! Really enjoying the people on this thread!
We're going to MNSSHP on Tuesday, Sep 17th, too. Hope to see you there.
My DGD will be dressed as Sleeping Beauty (taking to BBB to get all "dolled up" for the party), DD will be the queen (poor thing, I don't think she is given a name of her own in the story), DSIL will be King Stefan, & I'll be Flora. Granddaughter's costume is a definite, the others depend on whether I get the costumes made in time.

Disney Fan for Life
Old 06-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #1767
DebbiePMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We're going to MNSSHP on Tuesday, Sep 17th, too. Hope to see you there.
My DGD will be dressed as Sleeping Beauty (taking to BBB to get all "dolled up" for the party), DD will be the queen (poor thing, I don't think she is given a name of her own in the story), DSIL will be King Stefan, & I'll be Flora. Granddaughter's costume is a definite, the others depend on whether I get the costumes made in time.
That's so fun that we will be there the same day!!! Love your costume plan! I'm starting to work on ours... My husband will be Mickey Mouse, I plan to be Minnie Mouse, and my daughter (age 24), refuses to wear a costume... she will be wearing a halloween shirt... orange with pumpkins! I've gotten red shorts for him at a thrift store... and I have fabric for my dress from the fabric store.... I hope it all comes together!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #1768
DebbiePMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ok... I feel MUCH better now! Thank you!!!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #1769
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

So now I am toatlly excited again. My inlaws decided to go with us. We used their PIN, upgraded to CBR, and still saved $1200.00 I do believe in fairies.
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #1770
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate princess 2 View Post
So now I am toatlly excited again. My inlaws decided to go with us. We used their PIN, upgraded to CBR, and still saved $1200.00 I do believe in fairies.
Woohoo - I am so happy for you! Congrats!!

Disney Fan for Life

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: