Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #1726
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
: We should build one together!!! When is it coming our way? Wondering about the soccer pool party...
Sounds like a plan HBG. Drive in to work this morning was beautiful - bright sunny skies - had top down on the car. PPF's storm is supposed to roll through here this evening. According to what I heard on the radio, we are under an "elevated risk for very severe weather with high damaging winds likely". Gee, doesn't that sound like fun? NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Stay safe eastern peeps. We were very lucky. Weather dude pinpointed our neighborhood for direct hit of tornado, but it never touched down. Our power lines are underground and it kept going on and off. Rest of city not so lucky. No power and flooding. This storm contains 70-100 mph winds, hail and torrential rain. Oh, and the thunder and lighting are wicked crazy. My dog still won't even get close to the door, let alone go outside. When they say take shelter, do it. I can't imagine watching this thing in daylight! Thank you Dis friends for keeping me calm.
I'm glad to hear that you escaped the worst damage from the storm, PPF - and glad that we could help you get through it with sanity in tact.

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #1727
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Stay safe eastern peeps. We were very lucky. Weather dude pinpointed our neighborhood for direct hit of tornado, but it never touched down. Our power lines are underground and it kept going on and off. Rest of city not so lucky. No power and flooding. This storm contains 70-100 mph winds, hail and torrential rain. Oh, and the thunder and lighting are wicked crazy. My dog still won't even get close to the door, let alone go outside. When they say take shelter, do it. I can't imagine watching this thing in daylight! Thank you Dis friends for keeping me calm.
Glad you are okay. That is very scary!!! We got a little stormy weather this morning and they ate calling for more throughout the day. We shall see what actually happens.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #1728
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is scary!!! Glad you are ok!!!

[QUOTE=Sylkie31;48671382]Sounds like a plan HBG. Drive in to work this morning was beautiful - bright sunny skies - had top down on the car. PPF's storm is supposed to roll through here this evening. According to what I heard on the radio, we are under an "elevated risk for very severe weather with high damaging winds likely". Gee, doesn't that sound like fun? NOT!

UGH!!! Hopefully they are wrong...
Old 06-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #1729
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Hi guys!

I posted a thread about my ADRs I think on the restaurant thread.... If any of you have time will you head over there and weigh in on my ADRs....

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #1730
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Everyone is quiet today! Are the Candlelight Processional dates out yet? I was really hoping they would go with a week earlier than usual and start on the 23rd. In 2007, we had planned to do it and my mom got very sick, and ended up spending her last 3 days in the hotel room , so we cancelled going.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #1731
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Everyone is quiet today! Are the Candlelight Processional dates out yet? I was really hoping they would go with a week earlier than usual and start on the 23rd. In 2007, we had planned to do it and my mom got very sick, and ended up spending her last 3 days in the hotel room , so we cancelled going.
Candlelight Processional?

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #1732
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post

Candlelight Processional?
It is a narrative of the biblical Christmas Story with a choir and told by candlelight in Epcot. Usually starts the Saturday after Thanksgiving. But I am hoping this year it will magically start earlier. Lol
Old 06-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #1733
DebbiePMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi guys!

I posted a thread about my ADRs I think on the restaurant thread.... If any of you have time will you head over there and weigh in on my ADRs....

Thanks!
Hi HBG!
Can you post them here too.... I just haven't found time to look at multiple threads..... love to see what you are planning.

I've seen a couple of really bad reviews for Be Our Guest for dinner.... that will be our last dinner at Disney World... made our reservations the first day that I could... now I'm wondering if it's the right choice.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #1734
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbiePMN View Post
Hi HBG!
Can you post them here too.... I just haven't found time to look at multiple threads..... love to see what you are planning.

I've seen a couple of really bad reviews for Be Our Guest for dinner.... that will be our last dinner at Disney World... made our reservations the first day that I could... now I'm wondering if it's the right choice.
Hi Debbie! Just curious about the reviews for BOG. We are going there our last night too. Getting that ADR was just kind of an afterthought; the CM asked if I wanted her to try BOG and I said, why not, and there happened to be one left for our entire stay! It was for 6:30, so I took it.

Here's the link for HBG's thread:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3125280

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #1735
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbiePMN View Post
Hi HBG!

I haven't been able to get an ADR for BOG and the more I think about it I am not sure I want one. We have 2 picky eaters in our party that I don't think will be happy with the BOG dinner menu. Thinking we might just do lunch.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #1736
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post

I haven't been able to get an ADR for BOG and the more I think about it I am not sure I want one. We have 2 picky eaters in our party that I don't think will be happy with the BOG dinner menu. Thinking we might just do lunch.
I had a very hard time with that one. The novelty of it was drawing me in, but in the end the menu didn't appeal to us, so we chose to skip it all together. The wait at lunchtime doesn't appeal to me either.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #1737
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
I had a very hard time with that one. The novelty of it was drawing me in, but in the end the menu didn't appeal to us, so we chose to skip it all together. The wait at lunchtime doesn't appeal to me either.
I agree. The menu is definitely not for picky eaters and I was kinda surprised by that being in the magic kingdom; but when in France...
I keep going back and forth about what to do; little daughter wants to visit ALL the castles, and I keep wondering if lunch would be the way to go? Our ressie is right before MNSSHP and we would have to leave there right after dinner. So what would I do instead of BOG? And don't worry, if I do cancel BOG, I will give plenty of notice and a specific time that I will cancel in case some one wants to try and snag it.

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #1738
DebbiePMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Debbie! Just curious about the reviews for BOG. We are going there our last night too. Getting that ADR was just kind of an afterthought; the CM asked if I wanted her to try BOG and I said, why not, and there happened to be one left for our entire stay! It was for 6:30, so I took it.

Here's the link for HBG's thread:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3125280
Hi Pultospal!
Thanks for the link... I will check that out.
I will find those reviews and post them here tonight. They are from another blog site that I follow... not disboard....
Both people said that especially the vegterian item was bad, so strong they couldn't eat it, and that the mac and cheese was so rich they couldn't eat it either... my husband is vegan, and if the one item on the menu that he can eat isn't good, I will feel really bad, since I'm the one that is picking the restaurants. I'll have to read more reviews......
Old 06-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #1739
amccu18007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KermitRinny View Post
I'm glad you said something!! I'm in DE too and haven't paid the news much attention. I got that wack message on my phone the other day that went off till I checked it (even though they didn't do it for the tornado watch) then heard about the tornadoes upstate. We are already in inches of water still down here. Can't take much more. Stay sturdy. hopefully no more tornadoes.

LOL< I just realized that your user id said slower lower.....only in Delaware
Our updates on our phone rang through and just read "Seek shelter now! Tornado eminent" Or something to that extent....
Quote:
Can I borrow your cubit ruler? We are having another flood here now! : )

Survived the storms. Think the worst is finally over.
So happy you made it out to the other side
Quote:
Hi guys!

Thanks!
I will go look now ......

Congrats to CHOTT on their fd....still shaking it for everyone else
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 Orange Lake, Oct 16-23, 2015 BEACH CLUB
amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #1740
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sorry to hear that. I know there are still some out there so hopefully the pixies will find one to send your way!

By the way, that is the cutest avatar ever!
Thanks

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: