Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #1711
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post

Just finished battening down the hatches. Watch out my easterly friends, it is coming your way. Apparently we are having a rare, highly severe thunderstorm, fast developing and fast moving. Sustained winds up to 70-80 MPH. If you don't hear from me, it's because I've blown away...hopefully to Disney World.
Yikes! Stay safe, PPF. I think that storm is coming our way tomorrow - Weather forecast for tomorrow here in NC is not looking good - predicting some "severe thunderstorms". If we keep getting all these major rain storms, I think I'm going to have to google instructions on how to build an ark! First, I'll have to figure out what a cubit is ... now where did I put my cubit ruler??

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #1712
mrskirk
Earning My Ears

Hi! I've been checking here at least every other day looking for any free dining clues . We are already book for October 27-November 1. I have all my reservations made. Just hoping for free dining to make things a little cheaper, since we already shelled out the full payment for everything else. Anyways, quick question. Has anyone received a FD pin in the mail and not by email. I've gotten them by email in the past and was wondering if sometimes they are just snail mail. Thanks
mrskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #1713
KermitRinny
It happen on one ah dem Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskirk View Post
Hi! I've been checking here at least every other day looking for any free dining clues . We are already book for October 27-November 1. I have all my reservations made. Just hoping for free dining to make things a little cheaper, since we already shelled out the full payment for everything else. Anyways, quick question. Has anyone received a FD pin in the mail and not by email. I've gotten them by email in the past and was wondering if sometimes they are just snail mail. Thanks
A few people have gotten them in regular mail and not email yes. Some people got them today actually. Keep looking for that yellow Disney envelope

04POFQ 07POR 08ASMVS 09POP 11CBR 12WL 13POFQ
14POFQ

"And just 'cause these here tales is 'bout critters like Br'er Rabbit an' Br'er Fox, that don't mean they ain't the same like can happen to folks! So them who can't learn from a tale about critters, just ain't got the ears tuned for listenin'."
KermitRinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #1714
mssong85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016

Oh no! Be safe! I think if I get more rain here in PA my house is going to turn into a house boat.
Seriously! I just want to go to the carnival without getting drenched!
Old 06-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #1715
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssong85

Seriously! I just want to go to the carnival without getting drenched!
Yeah carnivals aren't any fun when your wet
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #1716
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
I've gotten FD pins via 2 emails & 1 snail mail - all received after FD discount for Sep was applied to ressie. So yeah, it can either email, snail mail - or both!

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:32 PM   #1717
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post

Yikes! Stay safe, PPF. I think that storm is coming our way tomorrow - Weather forecast for tomorrow here in NC is not looking good - predicting some "severe thunderstorms". If we keep getting all these major rain storms, I think I'm going to have to google instructions on how to build an ark! First, I'll have to figure out what a cubit is ... now where did I put my cubit ruler??
Can I borrow your cubit ruler? We are having another flood here now! : )

Survived the storms. Think the worst is finally over.

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:52 PM   #1718
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Very good to hear!
2007 - Polynesian
2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - Polynesian
Plus more trips to Disneyland than could be counted!!
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:37 AM   #1719
mrskirk
Earning My Ears

Thank you all who responded!
mrskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:22 AM   #1720
KermitRinny
It happen on one ah dem Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever

Yay! My drive to work was bright and sunny. This thing slowed down I guess bc they said it'll be afternoon. Guy says very cheerfully "expect torrential rains, strong winds, large hail, and flood conditions" lol yay what an evening haha
Glad you didn't float away

04POFQ 07POR 08ASMVS 09POP 11CBR 12WL 13POFQ
14POFQ

"And just 'cause these here tales is 'bout critters like Br'er Rabbit an' Br'er Fox, that don't mean they ain't the same like can happen to folks! So them who can't learn from a tale about critters, just ain't got the ears tuned for listenin'."
KermitRinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:43 AM   #1721
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My brother in law got the PIN in the mail and he does not have any account with Disney. My sister had the PIN under her name (did not get e-mail) which we used to book FD for 2 rooms.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #1722
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Be sure to keep an eye on the free dining extension thread as I will be updating the first post as more info comes to light.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #1723
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I'm glad you made it through ok.
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:53 AM   #1724
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If wishing could make it so, HBG, enough of us here have been wishing more than enough for you & others still waiting to get it. I would be happy to share the pin codes I've received if only I could.
Quote:
Some people still received snail mail pin as of yet today! Still hoping there's one out there for you!

Quote:

Just finished battening down the hatches. Watch out my easterly friends, it is coming your way. Apparently we are having a rare, highly severe thunderstorm, fast developing and fast moving. Sustained winds up to 70-80 MPH. If you don't hear from me, it's because I've blown away...hopefully to Disney World.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela72181 View Post
We are in NW Ohio and counties west are seeing 1 inch hail already...major storm watch in effect for us till about 3 am tomorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by amccu18007 View Post
Please stay safe!! Tomorrow it is supposed to hit us here in Delaware We already had one tornado land around us the other day.
Stay safe peeps!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chott View Post
I have been trying every trick in the book to get a pin for fall free dining and calling asking about the pin code alot. I called last night (again) and asked if I had a pin code (again) and was told no. As a passing comment I told the CM I was disappointed and would book right now if I had free dining. She asked when I wanted to travel and I told her Dec 1 thru Dec 7. She said "Well I can offer you free dining for those dates"

Lesson - even if they say you don't have a pin, ask if they can offer anything.

Didn't get where I wanted since the choices were very limited so I just went with AS Music. I have stayed at Pop three times and have always liked it. Hope we like AS Music.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chott View Post
I wish I knew. I really feel your pain. I have been putting bookings in my cart every couple of days, ordered the Planning DVD (I watch it just for kicks anyway) and even wrote an email asking for a pin which they responded by telling me they were offered randomly on a first come, first serve basis and telling me to make sure I signed up on the website. Still, if I hadn't made that one comment......

That's fantastic!!!!

Quote:
We should build one together!!! When is it coming our way? Wondering about the soccer pool party...
Old 06-13-2013, 08:27 AM   #1725
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Stay safe eastern peeps. We were very lucky. Weather dude pinpointed our neighborhood for direct hit of tornado, but it never touched down. Our power lines are underground and it kept going on and off. Rest of city not so lucky. No power and flooding. This storm contains 70-100 mph winds, hail and torrential rain. Oh, and the thunder and lighting are wicked crazy. My dog still won't even get close to the door, let alone go outside. When they say take shelter, do it. I can't imagine watching this thing in daylight! Thank you Dis friends for keeping me calm.

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: