Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #1681
amccu18007
DIS Veteran

Man, I had a lot to get caught up on! I am so happy for those that have gotten the pin and I am still shaking it for those that haven't. My kiddos are out of school for summer vacation so my time has been consumed elsewhere...lol. Is there another wave of pins going out??
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 Orange Lake, Oct 16-23, 2015 BEACH CLUB
amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #1682
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate princess 2 View Post
I have to say thank you in particular to the two of you. You are both so good at keeping everyone's spirit's up about the discounts. And thank you also to everyone else who has given someone a boost when they were feeling let down by the mouse. We will all have great trips, but it's always better with a great discount. Pixie Dust all around.
Aww, thank you Pirate princess. You just made my heart smile with your kind words. I try to be nice so it's nice to hear that at least occasionally it actually works. Everyone here has been so nice & helpful. I have to remember to thank my daughter again for finding Disboards. Love it in here!

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #1683
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by amccu18007 View Post
Man, I had a lot to get caught up on! I am so happy for those that have gotten the pin and I am still shaking it for those that haven't. My kiddos are out of school for summer vacation so my time has been consumed elsewhere...lol. Is there another wave of pins going out??
Not sure, amc, but I think I remember someone saying that either they or someone they knew had gotten one in the last day or so.

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #1684
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
Well, no PIN in the mail again today. And did my weekly Wednesday call and nope
Sorry to hear that. I know there are still some out there so hopefully the pixies will find one to send your way!

By the way, that is the cutest avatar ever!

Last edited by plutospalforever; 06-12-2013 at 06:37 PM.
plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #1685
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
I have to say thank you in particular to the two of you. You are both so good at keeping everyone's spirit's up about the discounts. And thank you also to everyone else who has given someone a boost when they were feeling let down by the mouse. We will all have great trips, but it's always better with a great discount. Pixie Dust all around.
Awww! Thank you so much for the kind words! I know all of you brighten my day! Now, keep those in-laws inching closer to saying YES. Or, you could tell them you're moving in with them so you can use their pin.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #1686
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Yes, apparently there is. People have reported receiving them yesterday and today. Some are wondering if they are being sent out in geographical waves, one part of the country at a time, but who knows?

Old 06-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #1687
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Just finished battening down the hatches. Watch out my easterly friends, it is coming your way. Apparently we are having a rare, highly severe thunderstorm, fast developing and fast moving. Sustained winds up to 70-80 MPH. If you don't hear from me, it's because I've blown away...hopefully to Disney World.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #1688
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Awww! Thank you so much for the kind words! I know all of you brighten my day! Now, keep those in-laws inching closer to saying YES. Or, you could tell them you're moving in with them so you can use their pin.
That is a great one! It would certainly make them cave and come with us for sure.
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #1689
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Just finished battening down the hatches. Watch out my easterly friends, it is coming your way. Apparently we are having a rare, highly severe thunderstorm, fast developing and fast moving. Sustained winds up to 70-80 MPH. If you don't hear from me, it's because I've blown away...hopefully to Disney World.
Oh my I hope you make it through the storm.
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #1690
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Stay safe!!!!
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #1691
Angela72181
Mouseketeer

We are in NW Ohio and counties west are seeing 1 inch hail already...major storm watch in effect for us till about 3 am tomorrow
Angela72181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #1692
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Oh my I hope you make it through the storm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Stay safe!!!!
Thanks! They, the weathermen, is starting to scare me. I don't remember anything quite like this; and it's not like I am a spring chicken. But they have already cancelled my daughter's softball camp for tomorrow.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #1693
amccu18007
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Please stay safe!! Tomorrow it is supposed to hit us here in Delaware We already had one tornado land around us the other day.
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 Orange Lake, Oct 16-23, 2015 BEACH CLUB
amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #1694
CopperWife
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Are you talking about a/the derrecho? We had one here in July 2011. I was washing dishes about 8 in the morning and it was raining out. I heard a thump and was like "did a tree just hit our house??!" I looked out the window and the cornfield behind my house was FLAT on the ground from the wind! I thought there was a tornado coming. I grabbed the youngest kids and yelled for the dogs and we hid in the basement bathroom. When it was over, I went out and we had two trees down in our yard and were without power for four days (no power = no well = no bueno )

I am from Florida and have ridden out several hurricanes - but this derrecho storm was bad news bears. Stay safe plutospalforever!

me DH DD10 DD7

No ticker for now
CopperWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #1695
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Please stay safe!! Tomorrow it is supposed to hit us here in Delaware We already had one tornado land around us the other day.
Thanks and same to you! At least these things could come during the day, don't they know I need my sleep.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: