Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #1621
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Hello, everyone! I haven't been on the boards much in the last few days so I am trying to catch up. Saw the new thread, so I will be sure to subscribe.

Big news in our house over the weekend. The kids got their report cards and DD got straight As as usual. DS got straight +s (they don't get letter grades in 2nd grade for some reason), and he will be in gifted math next year! But the biggest and bestest news of the weekend is that both kids placed in their very first taekwondo tournament! DD got 3rd place in her form competition, and DS got 3rd place in sparring and 2nd place in his form competition. We totally didn't expect them to place this time. We just told them to try their best and see how it goes. Here they are showing off their medals...

Proud, proud momma here! Okay, back to your regularly scheduled free dining obsessing...

Still got my fingers crossed for everyone waiting! , and
Beautiful kids you have there Smitch.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #1622
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Well I saw the dentist and he felt it was fixable. No crown needed, cost to me of $27 dollars.

Hope it works out alright....but it's not hurting at all, which is a good sign.
Awesome! You must have incredible dental insurance!! Do you give them Disney tips. Lol
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #1623
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello, everyone! I haven't been on the boards much in the last few days so I am trying to catch up. Saw the new thread, so I will be sure to subscribe.

Big news in our house over the weekend. The kids got their report cards and DD got straight As as usual. DS got straight +s (they don't get letter grades in 2nd grade for some reason), and he will be in gifted math next year! But the biggest and bestest news of the weekend is that both kids placed in their very first taekwondo tournament! DD got 3rd place in her form competition, and DS got 3rd place in sparring and 2nd place in his form competition. We totally didn't expect them to place this time. We just told them to try their best and see how it goes. Here they are showing off their medals...

Proud, proud momma here! Okay, back to your regularly scheduled free dining obsessing...

Awesome kiddos!!!
Old 06-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #1624
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Yea kids!!! Congrats Smitch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
I LOVE proud momma moments!! Congratulations for great report cards & placing in tae kwon do!! Woohoo!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Beautiful kids you have there Smitch.
Thanks!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:02 PM   #1625
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Congratulations to you and your kids!!!

1995 - All Star Resort; 2000 - Dixie Landing; 2004 - Coronado Springs; 2007 - Polynesian; 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside; 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside; 2013 - Polynesian; 2015 - Planning for Aulani; Plus more trips to Disneyland than could be counted!!
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:16 AM   #1626
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

I would rather have news about the next discount over news about things years down the line. Lol. Glad your tooth is fixed and it didn't cost you as much as a Disney trip.

Wonderful Smitch!!!! Tell them both congrats! I love their picture.
disneyfantotheend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:52 AM   #1627
acwaters
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssong85 View Post
I just changed my mind today and decided to drive to WDW from PA. I think I bring too much stuff for a plane. Am I crazy? I think it is a 16 hour trip. My parents live in SC so my daughter is used to being in the car for a long time.
Just wanted to tell you that i got an email from southwest airlines today and they are having the $99 on way sale until Thursday. So it like 200 per person to fly from Philly to MCO Not sure if price was a factor in your decision to drive but just thought i would let you know

Only two trips to wdw so far: Oct. 2010 (off site) and Sept. 2013 (POR)!! Can't wait to be back in the world!!! POP here we come
acwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #1628
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
I would rather have news about the next discount over news about things years down the line. Lol. Glad your tooth is fixed and it didn't cost you as much as a Disney trip.

Wonderful Smitch!!!! Tell them both congrats! I love their picture.
I'm working on it, but sometimes its fun and interesting to look further out and see what sorts of new things are on the horizon, plus it polishes the skills. Lots of new exciting things coming, and a few surprises may show up as well.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #1629
faithsmth
Mouseketeer

Quote:

You have beautiful family. Congratulations!!!!!

Me DH DD

faithsmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #1630
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks!
Congratulations to your kids. I already have my FD for August but still check in every now and again.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #1631
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
I would not pay that kind of money to go to Sea World. I wouldn't pay it to go to Disney. Good thing we get 10 day passes which makes daily expense cheaper. I hate that even local amusement parks are becoming to expensive for the average person to take a large family to. So sad!
I feel like that as well. We price out a couple of nights at universal staying at either the HRH or RPR to break up our disney vacation a bit since we are going for 17 days. It was over 1200.00 for 2 nights. We are taking a Disney cruise for 5 days and I pled the 5th on that cost. I told my kids it was a one time deal.

My package staying at pop for 14 nights with free QSDP with the photopass plus was less than the cruise. Lucky for me my parents asked us to go on the cruise so my parents are paying for the kids portion since they are taking my niece. WE never travel with my parents but it is only really the cruise portion we will be together and one day to legoland. T

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #1632
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
I feel like that as well. We price out a couple of nights at universal staying at either the HRH or RPR to break up our disney vacation a bit since we are going for 17 days. It was over 1200.00 for 2 nights. We are taking a Disney cruise for 5 days and I pled the 5th on that cost. I told my kids it was a one time deal.

My package staying at pop for 14 nights with free QSDP with the photopass plus was less than the cruise. Lucky for me my parents asked us to go on the cruise so my parents are paying for the kids portion since they are taking my niece.
Nice! I so want to go on a Disney cruise. Got a dvd on it before the first ship ever made its maiden voyage, but still haven't managed to actually go on the cruise. Cruise prices are always based on double occupancy. Alas, I don't have a "date for that dance" & I cannot bring myself to pay about double the price so ... where's Ronald?? I need him to volunteer to take me on a Disney cruise!

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #1633
morepsi1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
HI &
You might want to subscribe to this other thread as well. Good luck - hope you get the discount offer you want.
Thank you!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #1634
Katmat75
DIS Veteran

Got the SW email too!! Just booked! $395.60 from Philly to MCO! So excited!!
:

Come on September!!!

August 1999 - CBR, August 2001 - CBR,August 2003 - AS, August 2004 - CBR, August 2005 - CBR, August 2006 - CBR, Nov/Dec 2006 - SOG, August 2007 - CBR,August 2009 - CBR Offsite August 2010 ASMu September 2012 ASMu September 2013
Katmat75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #1635
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmat75 View Post
Got the SW email too!! Just booked! $395.60 from Philly to MCO! So excited!!
:

Come on September!!!
Awesome! Grats!

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: