Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #1531
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

I've also pretty much given up hope of a PIN code. Still no emails, and my heart broke a little today when there was nothing in the mail again. I feel like Charlie Brown and the valentines. None for me, sigh. Oh we'll, better start hoping hard for GP as I don't have the visa.

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #1532
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssong85 View Post
Ok, so am I crazy for stocking up on condimet packets for the room? Just went to Chick fil a today and took a few place mats, jelly, and sugar. I think I have a problem. I am so cheap!!! Lol.
I literally just LOL'ed. Haha! Thanks, I needed that

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #1533
mssong85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu

I literally just LOL'ed. Haha! Thanks, I needed that
Glad my insanity can be your comedic relief! Keep your head up sending you free dining energy!!
Old 06-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #1534
TarrahA
Mouseketeer

Mssong85, I was planning on doing that, but waiting til getting into the parks before hoarding but no, not crazy!! What's crazy are some of the frugal tips I've read in "Disney On a Dime" - bringing in peanut butter packets & then buying two pieces of bread for something like 0.50 & using free jelly packets for DIY cheap PB&J. I'm all for frugality & value for my money normally, but I can't see myself being that dedicated to remember all the tips they give, in the midst of a 7 ppl hunger pains meltdown, on vacation - I know I'm the type that would cave & blow my daily budget on the $10 hot dogs just to be done w/ it, lol. But toast & biscuits w/ jelly packets in the morning in the room I can do!!! FYI, I hear that some food courts at resorts have the small butter & cream cheese packets that are free even if not eating at the time - another good, cheap breakfast option
TarrahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #1535
mssong85
Mouseketeer

Should I bring a toaster or am I going too far?
Old 06-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #1536
TarrahA
Mouseketeer

Lol! Hey, whatever you're comfortable with! I know some on other threads have said that toasters, electric skillets/cup warmers, etc can be a safety or fire hazard so I'd say check the official rules but if you want to bring a toaster & its not against rules & can exercise responsibility by unplugging after using, why not?? I would, but I'm flying & space is limited...still, let me know what you find out, I might cram it in LOL
TarrahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #1537
faithsmth
Mouseketeer

I have a silly question. Will Disney give me back the difference of what I paid if I pay off my trip for October and a promotion becomes available? I would love to change my reservation if FD or a room discount is offered. I was thinking about paying off my trip within the next 3 weeks. I am not great with holding on to money and like to make payments when I have the cash.

Me DH DD

faithsmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #1538
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithsmth View Post
I have a silly question. Will Disney give me back the difference of what I paid if I pay off my trip for October and a promotion becomes available? I would love to change my reservation if FD or a room discount is offered. I was thinking about paying off my trip within the next 3 weeks. I am not great with holding on to money and like to make payments when I have the cash.
Disney will give you a refund for the price difference, but I believe it can take up to two billing cycles (2 months) to appear on your credit card. : )

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #1539
Tommyboy2529
Mouseketeer

I have not been on in a few days, I was so upset when I got the pin for fd, but could not get a room, so today with the help of a great cm I now have my fd and all my ressies are made. I wanted por, but had to go to CB, pirate rooms, the boys are thrilled. Could not get into BOG, but lunch will have to do.

Tommyboy2529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #1540
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyboy2529 View Post
I have not been on in a few days, I was so upset when I got the pin for fd, but could not get a room, so today with the help of a great cm I now have my fd and all my ressies are made. I wanted por, but had to go to CB, pirate rooms, the boys are thrilled. Could not get into BOG, but lunch will have to do.

That sounds wonderful and I am glad you did not give up. Things are always changing and the solution sometimes is as simple as trying a new CM. I know it was not your fist choice, but I think those pirate rooms are going to make you a hero with the kids! 😊

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #1541
Tommyboy2529
Mouseketeer

I think so to, that was my son's first choice, and since the grandson love pirates they are happy.
Tommyboy2529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #1542
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Wow this thread is still going strong. We'll be on part 3 before we know it. Imagine how crazy it will get when some promos start coming out.

Tooth isn't really hurting at this point and I did a filling to just cover any gaps and sharp edges until Monday. I see a crown in my future at about the same time I will pay off my trip. That's gonna be an expensive month for sure.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #1543
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylone View Post
We tried 4 times to book with the free dining PIN for 12/2 thru 12/7 and they kept quoting us $500 more than the website. We kept getting excuses of extra tax and that the website is always cheaper excuses.

Finally I used the on line chat and a nice csr gave me a link to the old Disney website to book with the PIN.

I guess there is no link on the new site for PINs and hence u have to call in....

Glad we found a way around it... If u need the link PM me and I will share. Or just use the online chat option because I guess the phone reps don't know the trick.
Wow! So glad u got it to work.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #1544
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyboy2529 View Post

Yeah!!!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #1545
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Wow this thread is still going strong. We'll be on part 3 before we know it. Imagine how crazy it will get when some promos start coming out.

Tooth isn't really hurting at this point and I did a filling to just cover any gaps and sharp edges until Monday. I see a crown in my future at about the same time I will pay off my trip. That's gonna be an expensive month for sure.
Oh good! I think dental pain is the worst.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: