Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #1516
ilostnemo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheenaXena21

I called.... and I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At first she said that the person whose name is on the mailer would have to go. I told her I called last week and they told me I had 3 addresses attached to my name, and that address that the mailer was sent to was one of them.

She checked, and sure enough, she got free dining for me.

11/11-17 at POR in a garden view room.

For those dates, at POR, all they had left (for FD) were garden view and royal themed rooms.

So thanks to the post I read within the past 2 weeks about someone doing this. I would have never known, so THANK YOU!!!
That's good news!!!
ilostnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #1517
Angela72181
Mouseketeer

Congrats now keep doing the dining dance for us lol...I haven't seen / heard anything from Disney Destinations for a while now....it's about time to call again I guess
Angela72181 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #1518
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheenaXena21 View Post

At first she said that the person whose name is on the mailer would have to go. I told her I called last week and they told me I had 3 addresses attached to my name, and that address that the mailer was sent to was one of them.

For those dates, at POR, all they had left (for FD) were garden view and royal themed rooms.

So thanks to the post I read within the past 2 weeks about someone doing this. I would have never known, so THANK YOU!!!
Congratulations, that's wonderful I think now I might probably be better off waiting for the visa/gp offer. I really want to keep the room we have already booked for fd. (standard/wheelchair assessable room) or switch resort's . Also booked at POR 11/11-11/17. Wouldnt care about paying extra for garden view but my mother could use a roll in shower so I guess we will wait and see what opens up.

77,79,88 OS89,92 FW96 ASM05 OS07,09,11 POP13 POFQ/POR2015 POP
DAD(50), MOM(49) ,SON(17)
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #1519
amccu18007
DIS Veteran

Quote:

WOO HOO!!! Doing the happy dance for you!!
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 YACHT CLUB

amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #1520
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Made one last desperation call. Still nothing. Now I guess I just wait and hope for a public release. Even though the cm said they send them out throughout the year and it is definitely still possible to get it. I have about given up hope. Bring on the Visa offer early please! I can't handle waiting until August. 😥
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #1521
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sweet!!!
Old 06-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #1522
acwaters
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssong85 View Post
I just changed my mind today and decided to drive to WDW from PA. I think I bring too much stuff for a plane. Am I crazy? I think it is a 16 hour trip. My parents live in SC so my daughter is used to being in the car for a long time.
Last time we went to Disney we drove from PA. It wasn't a bad drive My son was 3 at the time and he did fine! We did split the drive up. This Sept. trip we are only flying because my other son, who is 1, absolutely hates car rides. Flying was just a better option for us this trip. Quick tip my son loved playing his DSI and we bought dvd players for the car so he always had something to do. It will be fine

Only two trips to wdw so far: Oct. 2010 (off site) and Sept. 2013 (POR)!! Can't wait to be back in the world!!!
acwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #1523
Tinker12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Made one last desperation call. Still nothing. Now I guess I just wait and hope for a public release. Even though the cm said they send them out throughout the year and it is definitely still possible to get it. I have about given up hope. Bring on the Visa offer early please! I can't handle waiting until August. ��
I gave up hope on an email or snail mail from disney destations. Made another payment on my trip but was not as happy. =(
AKL Concierge Sept/Oct 2008, AKL Sept/Oct 2009, CBR Sept/Oct 2010 , POFQ March 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2012 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2013 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2014

Tinker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #1524
KermitRinny
It happen on one ah dem Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Days.

Way to go Sheena!!!!! I think there might be a mass mutiple address wave of ppl happening all over. Glad you got it and now you have to Mickey Shake , Goofy Dance , Pixie Dust and all the other fun stuff we've beeing doing for everyone left!! it's how we roll
(Man I miss being on the comp and putting in all the fun stuff)

04POFQ 07POR 08ASMVS 09POP 11CBR 12WL 13POFQ
14POFQ

"And just 'cause these here tales is 'bout critters like Br'er Rabbit an' Br'er Fox, that don't mean they ain't the same like can happen to folks! So them who can't learn from a tale about critters, just ain't got the ears tuned for listenin'."
KermitRinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #1525
G719
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Made one last desperation call. Still nothing. Now I guess I just wait and hope for a public release. Even though the cm said they send them out throughout the year and it is definitely still possible to get it. I have about given up hope. Bring on the Visa offer early please! I can't handle waiting until August. dde25
I'm in the same boat. Plus I was hoping the free dining would start on the Saturday before Veterans Day like last year. Guess I can do the split reservation if I decide we save enough to make it worth the hassle. That is if they release free dining to everyone.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #1526
KermitRinny
It happen on one ah dem Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker12 View Post
I gave up hope on an email or snail mail from disney destations. Made another payment on my trip but was not as happy. =(
Don't give up hope Tinker! There is still DVisa and GP offers and you'll be one of the first to know by sticking with the team here.

04POFQ 07POR 08ASMVS 09POP 11CBR 12WL 13POFQ
14POFQ

"And just 'cause these here tales is 'bout critters like Br'er Rabbit an' Br'er Fox, that don't mean they ain't the same like can happen to folks! So them who can't learn from a tale about critters, just ain't got the ears tuned for listenin'."
KermitRinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #1527
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

We tried 4 times to book with the free dining PIN for 12/2 thru 12/7 and they kept quoting us $500 more than the website. We kept getting excuses of extra tax and that the website is always cheaper excuses.

Finally I used the on line chat and a nice csr gave me a link to the old Disney website to book with the PIN.

I guess there is no link on the new site for PINs and hence u have to call in....

Glad we found a way around it... If u need the link PM me and I will share. Or just use the online chat option because I guess the phone reps don't know the trick.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #1528
hippsmom
Mouseketeer

Yes, I too have given up hope of getting the coveted PIN code. The last straw was one when another one of my co-workers received the code. So depressing. I'm just gonna sit here and pray for a Visa offer.
hippsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #1529
mssong85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acwaters

Last time we went to Disney we drove from PA. It wasn't a bad drive My son was 3 at the time and he did fine! We did split the drive up. This Sept. trip we are only flying because my other son, who is 1, absolutely hates car rides. Flying was just a better option for us this trip. Quick tip my son loved playing his DSI and we bought dvd players for the car so he always had something to do. It will be fine
Thank you! We will be stopping in Charleston SC. I know it is not a good split, but it is my parents house. Don't have to pay for hotel
Old 06-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #1530
mssong85
Mouseketeer

Ok, so am I crazy for stocking up on condimet packets for the room? Just went to Chick fil a today and took a few place mats, jelly, and sugar. I think I have a problem. I am so cheap!!! Lol.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: