Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #1
Rychelle924
DIS Veteran

Ohh no! This stinks!! No hot food!!!

We are booked at ASSp for Nov/Dec 9 day trip and just found out the cafe and arcade will be colder for refurbs. My boys were really excited about staying there since they are big sports kids. What do you think, switch resorts or since we do DDP and rarely use the cafe much it won't be a huge deal to just walk over to music or movies if needed.
Rychelle924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

The news on allearsnet states they will be running motorcoaches over to the other resorts at mealtimes, so you won't always have to walk.

Unless you plan on having all your meals at the CS location at that resort, I wouldn't sweat it. Since your boys like the theming, that would be more important than missing a couple of CS meals.
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #3
dansdad
DIS Veteran

I agree with Missytara and for the same reasons.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

I agree with PP- stay! There are tons and tons of other places to eat in the World that I don't think it'll be a huge deal to have the CS at ASSp closed.

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop), January 2015 (ASMo)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney

Nike+: secondaryhoney
Add me and let's run!
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #5
Rychelle924
DIS Veteran

Ok great!! Thanks for your input. I was thinking the same thing but wanted to make sure I wasn't being crazy staying at a place with a closer cafe lol. But they will still have some snacks abs drink stations right?? We don't eat there really but use the cafe for coffee and drinks in our refill mugs and a snack for the kids
Old 05-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #6
peachiepie
Mouseketeer

I agree...if you're on the DDP and your boys prefer the theming of Sports I'd stick with the reservation you've got.
peachiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #7
PinkMagnolia
Mouseketeer

Someone posted yesterday that they called and there will be a drink station over by the pool - she gave some other info too:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3113879
PinkMagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #8
JillMSH
Earning My Ears

We'll be there too!

We are going over Thanksgiving, and I was nervous, too. However, I'm not planning to eat at the resort much, and the other All Stars are close. I think it'll be OK. If it wasn't for my sons, I might change, but they are so excited about the sports theme. I'm hoping the inconvenience will make some people move resorts, and it won't be crazy busy at Sports
Old 05-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #9
Sue M
DIS Veteran

If I were there for 9 days on DDP, I'd switch resorts. I like to sometimes have a hot breakfast in the morning, I do keep breakfast stuff in the room, but sometimes like eggs, also like to be able to grab snacks, and on our trips of 10 - 14 days will have some meals at food court, either a lunch if we are coming back to resort for afternoon break, or sometimes a dinner, ESP in winter when parks close early.

If it were a shorter trip I wouldn't bother, but if you're going to be there awhile, I'd want the convenience of a food court at the resort. But that's me.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #10
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

If it were me I'd switch to Pop Century. But we like to eat CS breakfasts at the resort when we stay in a value or mod. It is a quick walk to ASMo or ASMu. But I'd be afraid that they would be really crowded because of people coming over from ASSp. I find the most food courts crazy in the morning under normal circumstances.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #11
Rychelle924
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkMagnolia View Post
Someone posted yesterday that they called and there will be a drink station over by the pool - she gave some other info too:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3113879
Awesome! Thanks!!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #12
Rychelle924
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillMSH View Post
We are going over Thanksgiving, and I was nervous, too. However, I'm not planning to eat at the resort much, and the other All Stars are close. I think it'll be OK. If it wasn't for my sons, I might change, but they are so excited about the sports theme. I'm hoping the inconvenience will make some people move resorts, and it won't be crazy busy at Sports
Exactly our situation. If it was up to me we'd be staying at WL or AKL but my boys thing sports is so cool and I figure they are why we go so want them to choose
Old 05-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #13
Rychelle924
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
If I were there for 9 days on DDP, I'd switch resorts. I like to sometimes have a hot breakfast in the morning, I do keep breakfast stuff in the room, but sometimes like eggs, also like to be able to grab snacks, and on our trips of 10 - 14 days will have some meals at food court, either a lunch if we are coming back to resort for afternoon break, or sometimes a dinner, ESP in winter when parks close early.

If it were a shorter trip I wouldn't bother, but if you're going to be there awhile, I'd want the convenience of a food court at the resort. But that's me.
We actually do a lot of TS breakfast since my boys are huge breakfast eaters. It would more be for drinks and a snack small food grab and go in the room for us if the boys crash early. You think for that it could be ok!?
Old 05-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #14
Rychelle924
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
If it were me I'd switch to Pop Century. But we like to eat CS breakfasts at the resort when we stay in a value or mod. It is a quick walk to ASMo or ASMu. But I'd be afraid that they would be really crowded because of people coming over from ASSp. I find the most food courts crazy in the morning under normal circumstances.
Yeah I don't tend to use them much because of the craziness and also good quality. We actually aren't fans of pop at all. (No one throw things lol) the theming just isn't for us that's a good point about the busier crowds now. Maybe I'll make a point not to even use the cafe as much as the little we normally do. Hmmm ...thanks!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #15
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

During the refurb,Home Run Hotel will be the best location request at Sports-it is just across a parking lot from Music plus it has its "own" pool and laundry.
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: