Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
Mousemom
DIS Veteran

Switched from ASMovies to Art of Animation

We were going to stay at Movies but decided to try Art of Animation LM room. Hope we are making a good decision. We have stayed at Pop and visited this resort and loved the food court, rooms, and grounds. Would love comments about this resort if you have stayed here. How do you feel about the walk from LM rooms. We have always gotten preferred rooms at the Values. Would love to hear what you thought of this resort.
Mousemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Lots of first hand reports of AoA in these 2 threads.

Original AoA thread which is closed since it hit the 250 page limit.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2966053

Current AoA thread with very recent reviews.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3110303

Happy reading.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 05:56 AM   #3
dpswift
DIS Veteran

The walk is long and there is not a short cut to the buses as there is in POP.It is much nicer than the other values. There is alot more landscaping and the pools are fenced and landscaped. If you are going for several days you have the time to walk over and visit POP. The kids and I loved it but Dh said that he did not like the walk. The rooms are very similar to the other values.
dpswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:14 AM   #4
Kay1
Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!
The only tricky part is judging when the actual boiling begins

One day my son and I took the bus from DHS to AoA for lunch. We really loved the food court, thought the food was wonderful. We walked around a little and thought the resort was great.

I hope you love it.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:25 AM   #5
jazzyscoob
Mouseketeer

We stayed at AOA last Aug in the Cars section. Loved the theming and the suites. I thought the lobby and gift shop were great. We were not a fan of the food court.

LM wasn't done when we went but I am sure it will be great. I believe it has its own little pool too which I know we loved having the Cars pool to use instead of the Nemo one.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #6
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

We stayed in a LM room in March and asked for the building closest to the rest of the resort (I can't remember our room number). It wasn't bad at all walking to the buses along the sidewalk by the parking lot. We did take the stairs as they were closer to the lot than going to the middle of the building and using the elevator.

We really enjoyed the resort. Food court was not crowded the couple of times we were there. The gelato was delicious! We did not spend any time in the pools so I cannot comment on that.

We really love POP but would not hesitate to stay at AoA again.

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
mickeygirl78
Mouseketeer

If you stay at the end that is closest to the lion king section you won't find it too bad. I stayed in November and we were as far away as you could get (Ariel section) and the walk was awful.

The resort is beautiful though and other than the walk I did enjoy my stay.
mickeygirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: