Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #106
HAMLIE
Earning My Ears

Hi all

Not long back from an Eastern caribbean cruise on the fantasy and so excited to be doing the European cruise now....... I'm travelling with my grandma and daughter. Looking forward to the FEs.
Hollie
HAMLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #107
linetbo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMLIE View Post
Hi all

Not long back from an Eastern caribbean cruise on the fantasy and so excited to be doing the European cruise now....... I'm travelling with my grandma and daughter. Looking forward to the FEs.
Hollie
linetbo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #108
Tianni
Tianni Rowley,

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMLIE View Post
Hi all Not long back from an Eastern caribbean cruise on the fantasy and so excited to be doing the European cruise now....... I'm travelling with my grandma and daughter. Looking forward to the FEs. Hollie
Welcome!!!! Nice to have another family planning to do fe!!!

Tianni

Disney Dream 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013, counting the days until The Disney Magic in 2014!

Have you ever Wondered where you could
have you every Dream come true?
The most incredible Fantasy become reality?
A Magical adventure that only Disney can give you.

I canNOT wait!!
Tianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:46 AM   #109
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

Welcome Hollie!
We plan to do the FE too, I'm just waiting to sign, just to be sure that nothing will help me to do this cruise!
Tiggrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #110
scrapycruiser
DIS Veteran

Due to high airline costs, we have cancelled this cruise. Going to Alaska instead.
Have a fabulous cruise in the Med. We've done it twice and every port is so magical !
Old 09-23-2013, 08:26 AM   #111
linetbo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapycruiser View Post
Due to high airline costs, we have cancelled this cruise. Going to Alaska instead.
Have a fabulous cruise in the Med. We've done it twice and every port is so magical !
I know what you mean. I am in shock on how much money I spent and I still need to pay for a hotel, transfers and tours.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:01 AM   #112
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

Scrappycruiser, I went to Alaska in August and it was the most amazing scenery ever! I just loved every part of my trip, and I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I did... You will have a wonderful trip!
Old 09-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #113
linetbo
Mouseketeer

How do you prefer to book your hotel reservation, via bookin.com, hotel.com,or directly from the hotel website?
Old 09-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #114
scrapycruiser
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the good wishes !

As far as hotel reservations. We had booked the Regina Hotel through booking.com and I would definitely book again with them !!
Since we had to cancel our cruise, we also had to cancel our hotel too.
It was the easiest thing I've ever done. Took all of 30 seconds !
Old 09-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #115
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

For my trip in Alaska, I chose to book my hotels in Vancouver via Bookin and was very happy with it. So, I'll do the same this time. I love to book DCL hotels (but not with Disney, only with bookin, because it will be cheaper that way) when I go on a Disney Cruise, as the hotel will send my luggage directly on the ship! So easy and convenient!
Which hotel are you planning to book?
Old 09-24-2013, 11:07 AM   #116
linetbo
Mouseketeer

I already booked my Barcelona hotel, but I am looking for Paris for a post cruise trip. Any idea?
Old 09-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #117
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

I will ask for the good places in Paris. When I go there, I usually go to Disneyland so I don't really know... Sorry.
I'm thinking about booking the Hilton Diagonal del Mare for the night before the cruise. I'm looking for reports about it.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #118
Sir William
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by linetbo View Post
I already booked my Barcelona hotel, but I am looking for Paris for a post cruise trip. Any idea?
We just returned from Paris 2 weeks ago. We just did it on our own both this time and when we went 4 years ago; Paris is very easy get around either walking or using the Metro. We partly used Rick Steves' Paris guidebook for some of his city walks, but also saw several museums, churches, etc of interest, including a day trip to Versailles. You can now order tickets for the Eiffel Tower online, thus saving yourself considerable time waiting in line.

We may return via Rome as no one except me has been there and we know that just one day will not be enough to do all we want.
DL 1956; DL 1961; DL 1963; DL 1972; WDW 1979; DL 1983; WDW 1994; WDW Mar 1996; WDW (SOG) Aug 2000; WDW (SOG) Jan 2001; WDW (SOG) Jan 2005; Disney Magic, Western Caribbean, Jan 2011; WDW July 2011 (off-site); DVC (SSR) July 2010; Disney Magic, Bahamas, May 2012; WDW (SSR) May 2012; DVC (Aulani) May 2012; Aulani Apr 2013; DVC (SSR & BWV) June 2013; WDW (VWL) Mar 2014; Disney Dream, Bahamas, Mar 2014
Sir William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #119
linetbo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir William View Post
We just returned from Paris 2 weeks ago. We just did it on our own both this time and when we went 4 years ago; Paris is very easy get around either walking or using the Metro. We partly used Rick Steves' Paris guidebook for some of his city walks, but also saw several museums, churches, etc of interest, including a day trip to Versailles. You can now order tickets for the Eiffel Tower online, thus saving yourself considerable time waiting in line.

We may return via Rome as no one except me has been there and we know that just one day will not be enough to do all we want.
Wich hotel hotel did you stay? I was thinking something near the Louvre.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #120
Sir William
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by linetbo View Post
Wich hotel hotel did you stay? I was thinking something near the Louvre.
We stayed at the Hotel Dauphine St Germaine, 36 Rue Dauphine, a small hotel on the left bank near Isle de la Cite (where Notre Dame Cathedral is located). The Louvre was perhaps a 10-15 minute walk. We picked it because we wanted to spend more time on the left bank, and because it had charming rooms, a lift/elevator, and air conditioning (thankfully, as the temps were in the high 90s when we were there). They have some pretty good rates online. Staff was friendly and very helpful, and we would stay again.

Hotels in Paris tend to be expensive, even for lesser quality hotels. Rooms are small by US standards (and even European standards), and few have elevators or air conditioning (so you'll pay a bit more to get it).

Four years ago we stayed near Pigalle since we needed a family room and were booking rather late so had to take what we could find. This time we only had DW and myself, and because it was our anniversary, we splurged on a "deluxe" room. I looked in arrondissements 1-6 as we wanted to spend time walking around and these are the more historical areas. (1-4 is right bank, 5 & 6 are left bank).
DL 1956; DL 1961; DL 1963; DL 1972; WDW 1979; DL 1983; WDW 1994; WDW Mar 1996; WDW (SOG) Aug 2000; WDW (SOG) Jan 2001; WDW (SOG) Jan 2005; Disney Magic, Western Caribbean, Jan 2011; WDW July 2011 (off-site); DVC (SSR) July 2010; Disney Magic, Bahamas, May 2012; WDW (SSR) May 2012; DVC (Aulani) May 2012; Aulani Apr 2013; DVC (SSR & BWV) June 2013; WDW (VWL) Mar 2014; Disney Dream, Bahamas, Mar 2014
Sir William is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: