Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #151
linetbo
Mouseketeer

But you have to paid for the admision to Parc Guell and Sagrada Familia.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:26 PM   #152
kerri0616
DIS Veteran

Lurker here... would love to book this cruise or 6/14. May I ask how all of you book airfare? We would be travelling from the US. Do you use a travel agent. Hunt for deals on your own? Can you book airfare 8 months ahead?

We've done 2 short DCL cruises out of Port Canaveral in the past and we drove and parked at the port...we have little experience in getting flight deals.

Thanks! This itinerary seems wonderful. I've been fortunate to tour Europe in my youth. Would love to take the husband and boys (17 and 14).

K
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2013, 06:31 AM   #153
braysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerri0616 View Post
Lurker here... would love to book this cruise or 6/14. May I ask how all of you book airfare? We would be travelling from the US. Do you use a travel agent. Hunt for deals on your own? Can you book airfare 8 months ahead? We've done 2 short DCL cruises out of Port Canaveral in the past and we drove and parked at the port...we have little experience in getting flight deals. Thanks! This itinerary seems wonderful. I've been fortunate to tour Europe in my youth. Would love to take the husband and boys (17 and 14). K
Welcome!
We hunt for deals on our own and I get daily updates from kayak.com. You can book airfare now for this trip. If you have a good TA and wouldn't hurt to have them look too.

We are on the EBTA prior to this cruise so only looking for one way airfare home from Barcelona.

Hope it works out for you!
braysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #154
RHreha
Earning My Ears

We just booked this cruise a couple weeks back while on our Western Caribbean. This will be our 6th DCL cruise.

Traveling will be myself, DH, DD (14), DS (13), DS (9 turning 10 on cruise).

Looking forward to this awesome experience!!
Old 10-27-2013, 05:12 AM   #155
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

Hi everybody!
Unfortunately, we won't be cruising with you next year, because we sere forced to change our dates and will cruise on september... It will be so long!
I hope everybody here will have a wonderful time and I wish you all the best for planning!
Tiggrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #156
Tianni
Tianni Rowley,

Sold out!!!!!!!

Hey Guys!!

Guess what!!! Our MAGICal cruise.... Is SOLD out!!! As of the other day, all that was left was a 1 bedroom suite!!!

Just wanted to check in, see how everyone was doing... Wanted to make sure everyone who is on Facebook has the link to the FB page. I know that Tracy posted it previously but I know I"m bad about going back to the beginning so I thought I'd post it again.

How is everyone doing? How is planning going? Airline tickets booked? Any excursions planned? Any special things planned???

I know some people are interested in FE. Nick is handling that... But, I'm starting to work on mine but I want to get an idea of how many people are going to be interested in participating!!

Hoping to hear from y'all soon...

Here is the FB link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MagicalVoyageInTheMed

Tianni

Tianni

Disney Dream 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013, counting the days until The Disney Magic in 2014!

Have you ever Wondered where you could
have you every Dream come true?
The most incredible Fantasy become reality?
A Magical adventure that only Disney can give you.

I canNOT wait!!
Tianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:14 AM   #157
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Welcome to any new cruisers that have recently joined.

Having done 3 Med cruises with DCL now, I would recommend a few things .....
For Naples: Try Herculaneum instead of Pompeii .. It's smaller, less busy but much better preserved. Beautiful place and so much better than Pompeii.
If you just want 'pretty', try Sorrento instead of Capri. Much cheaper and the old part is fantastic with free Limoncello samples!!

For Pisa: the half day Easy Pisa with DCL is fine. Either do this, or travel independently, it's really ok to do either. If you want to climb the Tower, you should pre book your time for sure. Personally, I would save my money .. Great views, but an awful lot of steps and very crowded.

For Rome: take a private tour but don't make it 10 hours. We always use www.mytourinitaly.com as they were recommend by the DVC staff years ago to us. Fantastic company, very good prices and will fit in with what YOU want. Speak to Andreina, the sister of the owner for DIY tours. If you use a different company, ensure they have a licence to enter the docks (you don't want to meet them anywhere else), that they use mini vans/cars and not big buses (buses are not allowed inside the City walls so you will have long walks for each stop). Also ensure that they pre purchase any ticket you need as otherwise you will be made to queue for what could be hours. A private guide for the Vatican Museums and Sistine chapel is a bonus. The Spanish Steps are just that .. Steps. Nothing special at all .. Do a drive by, but don't bother stopping. You won't get any decent photos as the steps are covered by people sitting on them .. You see bits of concrete and that's all. Waste of time!!

Villefranche: Monaco is good for two things only ... Looking enviously at the yachts (ships!!) and the Grand Prix circuit if you like motor racing. This year, my mum dragged us to the Cafe de Paris and what a jumped up cafe it is. A pint of beer was 15 euros, so about $20! We got on the bus, but I wouldn't recommend it if you don't like bodily contact ... I commute into London for work fairly often so am well used to crowded tube trains, but this was something else as the driver drove at breakneck speed then slammed the brakes on at the last minute .. Awful. Get the train, much nicer!

This year, for Naples, we wanted a short time in both Herc and Sorrento, plus we only wanted to be off the boat for around 6 hours. Andreina sorted it so that we had a lovely visit to Sorrento for a couple of hours, then a quick drive over to Herc for a wander. Fantastic day and after 3 Med cruises of watching people get up at death o'clock and not return until after late dinner has started, the all day tours day after day are definitely not for us. I realise that for some of you, it's a one chance to visit these places, but please, think carefully about how you and your family will fare with the go, go, go mentality.

Hope that helps people

Joa
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #158
DisneyDream8
Earning My Ears

Just booked the B2B sailing May 31st!! So excited - anyone else doing the Adventures by Disney??
DisneyDream8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #159
linetbo
Mouseketeer

London

To all my disney friends in London, I am surprising my daughter, who is a huge One Direction fan, with a day in London before going to a day and a half in Paris. we are getting to Gatwick airpory and leave from Heathrow. Wich hotel do you recomend near everything, I am planning what to do in a short time and try to see maybe change of guard, London bridge, etc. Can you please help my find a hotel near everything I need to see. Thanks!!!
Old 11-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #160
DisneyDream8
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDream8 View Post
Just booked the B2B sailing May 31st!! So excited - anyone else doing the Adventures by Disney??
I just cancelled the Adventures By Disney & will, instead, book daily port adventures. I calculated that I'd save $3,000 doing this! Btw, I'm Michelle S. on the FB cruise meetup page.
DisneyDream8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #161
MikeyandCinnie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tianni
Hey Guys!!

Guess what!!! Our MAGICal cruise.... Is SOLD out!!! As of the other day, all that was left was a 1 bedroom suite!!!

Just wanted to check in, see how everyone was doing... Wanted to make sure everyone who is on Facebook has the link to the FB page. I know that Tracy posted it previously but I know I"m bad about going back to the beginning so I thought I'd post it again.

How is everyone doing? How is planning going? Airline tickets booked? Any excursions planned? Any special things planned???

I know some people are interested in FE. Nick is handling that... But, I'm starting to work on mine but I want to get an idea of how many people are going to be interested in participating!!

Hoping to hear from y'all soon...

Here is the FB link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MagicalVoyageInTheMed

Tianni
Just sent the FB request. Everything is booked for us except excursions. We have chosen the excursions but need to wait a little while to finish paying for the cruise. We are flying from San Diego CA USA, But found it much cheeper to shuttle up to LAX...I am not watching the fares now because I don't want to see them get cheaper!
We are flying into Berlin for 2 days prior, to Barcelona for the cruise, then back to Berlin for a visit to Germany and France with friends for 2 weeks. This will be our first trip abroad!
Does anyone have strategies for FEs transport and costs when going internationally?
MikeyandCinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #162
linetbo
Mouseketeer

I was thinking to be one more day in Paris but to change the air ticket one way is more expensive than the whole round trip. I am so glad i bought my ticket when I did.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #163
DisneyNurse19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linetbo View Post
To all my disney friends in London, I am surprising my daughter, who is a huge One Direction fan, with a day in London before going to a day and a half in Paris. we are getting to Gatwick airpory and leave from Heathrow. Wich hotel do you recomend near everything, I am planning what to do in a short time and try to see maybe change of guard, London bridge, etc. Can you please help my find a hotel near everything I need to see. Thanks!!!
Really depends on how much you want to pay, i always use Bookings.com.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #164
linetbo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNurse19 View Post
Really depends on how much you want to pay, i always use Bookings.com.
I dont know how good it is, but we booked the Rubens at the Palace, near buckingham palace. I hope is god because there is no refund.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #165
RapunzelandStitch
Earning My Ears

Hello, and Merry Christmas!

Hello everyone! My name is Taylor and I am 16 (17 next week!) and my mom surprised me with this cruise for my Christmas present! I just joined the FE, and put in my request for the Facebook group. I am so excited for this cruise as it is also in celebration of the beginning of my Senior year of High School! I hope you all have a merry Christmas and a fantastic New Year!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: