Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #136
linetbo
Mouseketeer

How is everybody doing? We are so quiet!!! Who's doing DCL excursion? I still planning mine. The only one I still haven't decided is Naples, I don't want to see Pompeii so I maybe need someone advice.

linetbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:04 AM   #137
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

Hi everybody!
Linetbo, I don't know about the Tea with Alice, but last year, my best friend did this cruise and there wasn't the character's breakfast.
And for the excursions, I think I'll do the DCL ones. I just don't know which!
About Naples, I've always heard that Capri is truly beautiful.
Or the Treasures of Naples tour seems pretty good too.
Tiggrou is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #138
linetbo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggrou View Post
Hi everybody!
Linetbo, I don't know about the Tea with Alice, but last year, my best friend did this cruise and there wasn't the character's breakfast.
And for the excursions, I think I'll do the DCL ones. I just don't know which!
About Naples, I've always heard that Capri is truly beautiful.
Or the Treasures of Naples tour seems pretty good too.
And did you know what you want to do in Rome?I like The Best of Rome the only thing I don't like is the price. For France the Ezze Monaco and Monte Carlo. And for Pisa maybe the one that include Florence.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #139
Sir William
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by linetbo View Post
How is everybody doing? We are so quiet!!! Who's doing DCL excursion? I still planning mine. The only one I still haven't decided is Naples, I don't want to see Pompeii so I maybe need someone advice.

We're still very much in the planning stages. Since it's DS's college graduation present, we're mostly leaving what we do up to him.

Except for Rome and Naples, we're going to just walk around each city on our own.

In Rome, DS wants to see mostly ancient Rome, so we may take a private tour and then spend a few hours on our own.

For Naples, we plan to see Pompeii and may work in Capri.
DL 1956; DL 1961; DL 1963; DL 1972; WDW 1979; DL 1983; WDW 1994; WDW Mar 1996; WDW (SOG) Aug 2000; WDW (SOG) Jan 2001; WDW (SOG) Jan 2005; Disney Magic, Western Caribbean, Jan 2011; WDW July 2011 (off-site); DVC (SSR) July 2010; Disney Magic, Bahamas, May 2012; WDW (SSR) May 2012; DVC (Aulani) May 2012; Aulani Apr 2013; DVC (SSR & BWV) June 2013; WDW (VWL) Mar 2014; Disney Dream, Bahamas, Mar 2014; Disney Magic, Mediterranean, May-Jun 2014
Sir William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #140
Tianni
Tianni Rowley,

Quote:
Originally Posted by linetbo View Post
I am super happy to say that we have our Rome excursion booked!! Private tour and I'm super stoked!!! We can take up to 8 more people on the tour with us if anyone is interested? I have posted the price breakdown previously.

I think for the others we are going to do DCL tours, going to go to Monaco and see the museum for DS. In Naples we decided we are NOT hiking but we will go see Pompeii... I think the first day we will do a 1/2 day tour so we can keep those costs down and if we want to stay out and about when the tour is over we can putz around town on our own.

If anyone is interested in the Rome tour, let me know

Tianni

Disney Dream 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013, counting the days until The Disney Magic in 2014!

Have you ever Wondered where you could
have you every Dream come true?
The most incredible Fantasy become reality?
A Magical adventure that only Disney can give you.

I canNOT wait!!
Tianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #141
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

Hi Linetbo! Once in Rome, I think we will mostly tour the Vatican. The best of all would have been to tour both the Vatican and San Angel Castle, but I didn't see any tour with these two options. I think we will finally take the "Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica" one. As you did, I found the tour to be very pricey, so I hope we will enjoy it :D

I tought about it yesterday, and maybe we will just take a walk on naples and tour on our own because the day in Rome is juste the day before and if we take this tour, it will last ten hours, I'm affraid that we will be too tired to enjoy an excursion in Naples :S

Last edited by Tiggrou; 10-04-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Tiggrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #142
Peppermintangel
Earning My Ears

Hi all!

We've just booked our first Disney Cruise today! So excited!!

There's me, my DH and our daughter who will be 4.

Me & DH have cruised about 5 years ago (once on Thomson and once on Ocean Village) and we went to DLParis last month and seeing DD with the characters was amazing - so had to get a bit of Disney in our next holiday too!

Really looking forward to the trip!

Planning on doing our own trips - so far looking at going to Monaco - to the aquarium and on the land train from Villefranche and a boat trip around Capri from Naples. With DD being 4, we're only planning on half day tours - hoping to be back on the ship by 2ish everyday

I'm a big planner so I'm sure my next 9 months will be filled with various itineraries until we eventually decide on what we want to do!

Have joined the FB page and signed up for FE

We're coming from the UK, so not booked flights yet, but planning on arriving on the Friday and staying overnight - looking for hotels at the moment - where's everyone else staying? Will be happy to share taxi/minibus to the port if others are there too
Peppermintangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #143
linetbo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermintangel View Post
Hi all!

We've just booked our first Disney Cruise today! So excited!!

There's me, my DH and our daughter who will be 4.

Me & DH have cruised about 5 years ago (once on Thomson and once on Ocean Village) and we went to DLParis last month and seeing DD with the characters was amazing - so had to get a bit of Disney in our next holiday too!

Really looking forward to the trip!

Planning on doing our own trips - so far looking at going to Monaco - to the aquarium and on the land train from Villefranche and a boat trip around Capri from Naples. With DD being 4, we're only planning on half day tours - hoping to be back on the ship by 2ish everyday

I'm a big planner so I'm sure my next 9 months will be filled with various itineraries until we eventually decide on what we want to do!

Have joined the FB page and signed up for FE

We're coming from the UK, so not booked flights yet, but planning on arriving on the Friday and staying overnight - looking for hotels at the moment - where's everyone else staying? Will be happy to share taxi/minibus to the port if others are there too
Welcome,hoping to meet you. My daughter is crazy about the British accent (because one direction). I am sad that I don't have enough time to go to England. But after the cruise we are going to Paris for 3 days.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:33 AM   #144
Tianni
Tianni Rowley,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggrou View Post
Hi Linetbo! Once in Rome, I think we will mostly tour the Vatican. The best of all would have been to tour both the Vatican and San Angel Castle, but I didn't see any tour with these two options. I think we will finally take the "Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica" one. As you did, I found the tour to be very pricey, so I hope we will enjoy it :D I tought about it yesterday, and maybe we will just take a walk on naples and tour on our own because the day in Rome is juste the day before and if we take this tour, it will last ten hours, I'm affraid that we will be too tired to enjoy an excursion in Naples :S
We just found out the pope will be in Rome the day we are there. The Vatican museum and St. Peter's Basilica will be closed in the morning so we will head to the coliseum first. Thought I'd pass that along.

Tianni

Disney Dream 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013, counting the days until The Disney Magic in 2014!

I canNOT wait!!
Old 10-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #145
linetbo
Mouseketeer

She's on her way!!!, The MAGIC is back home.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #146
bc133
Mouseketeer

Our son will be just under a year & a half at the time of the cruise. Debating on if he's too young to go or if we need to wait a few years. Thoughts?

WLV May 2009
AMu Oct 2010
SSR Feb 2011
SSR Oct 2012
DVC member spring 2013 BLT
bc133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #147
fitnessmouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tianni View Post

We just found out the pope will be in Rome the day we are there. The Vatican museum and St. Peter's Basilica will be closed in the morning so we will head to the coliseum first. Thought I'd pass that along.
Can you please tell where you found that information? We've been to the Colosseum and wanted to go the vatican museum :-(

Walt Disney World - Florida 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2009, 2012
Disneyland Resort California - 2002, 2011
DCL - 2009 (Wonder~ Bahama's), 2010 (Magic~Mediteranean), 2011 (Wonder ~ LA to Vancouver), 2013 (Dream~Bahama's), 2014 (Magic~Mediteranean)
Disneyland Paris - 2x per year

fitnessmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #148
Tianni
Tianni Rowley,

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnessmouse View Post
Can you please tell where you found that information? We've been to the Colosseum and wanted to go the vatican museum :-(
The info came straight from our TA... Everything will be open but in the afternoon!!!

Tianni

I canNOT wait!!
Old 10-15-2013, 06:24 AM   #149
Magic3forme
Grand Slam club members

Now that flights are booked.. it is time to concentrate on what excursions we would like to take.

Does anyone know if certain tours fill up faster than others?
Old 10-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #150
linetbo
Mouseketeer

Hi, I just booked my Barcelona transfers and tour. Barcelona City Tour 59€ for transfer from airport to hotel and 59 € for transfer hotel to port. And also a Barcelona Highlights Half day semi private tour 4-12 persons on May 30 9:30 with pick up to your hotel and drop off in la Sagrada Familia. if you have interest in this tour this is the email. info@BarcelonaDayTours.com. And FYI is totally refundable.
>These are some of the things you can expect on a typical panoramic Barcelona>city tour (for private tours the itinerary is flexible and you can include>or exclude sites as you prefer during the duration of the tour):> *>> *>• La Sagrada Familia- world-famous architectural masterpiece> *>• Park Guell- Gaudi's greatest Park with beautiful city views (inside visit)> *>• Passeig de Gracia- Barcelona 's most luxurious strip> *>• La Pedrera/Casa Mila- Gaudi's most famous building in Barcelona> *>• Casa Batllo- Gaudi's most astounding contribution to Modernisimo> *>• Casa Amataller- part of the trio "Apple of Discord"> *>• Casa Morera- part of the famous trio> *>• Plaza España- most impressive plaza in Barcelona> *>• The National Palace- very impressive site with great views> *>• The Olympic Ring- see where it all happened in 1992> *>• Montjuic- with lots of history and great city views> *>• The Columbus Monument- for the world-famous explorer> *>• Port Olympic- marina, shops, restaurants, galleries, & more> *>• Plaza Cataluña- the famous plaza in the heart of Barcelona> *>

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: