Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
MJ6987
DIS Veteran

When will we get detailed itinerary?

HI,
We are going on our first cruise - a 4 night DCL Med cruise in August. When will we get a detailed itinerary for our cruise? E.g. things like whether there is "Pirate / Tropical" night, formal night etc - so we know what clothes to bring! Also, what activities are going to be available on the ship.

As DCL has never done a 4 night cruise in the Med before I can't even look at previous ones.

Secondly, how / when do you book onboard activites, e.g. I read about a galley tour, mixology classes, etc. I assume these are pretty popular so may need to book early?

Thanks
MJ6987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
momtomattclare
Mouseketeer

I'm sure someone who knows more than me will respond soon. I can't comment on the nights, but you get your dinner rotation once you board. You cannot book things like mixology and other tastings until you board. Book them ASAP when you board as they do fill up.

momtomattclare is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
aenan
Earning My Ears

Along this same topic, is Guest Services crazy busy that first day? I'd like to sign up for mixology and Tea with Alice if they are offered, but wondered if I will be spending a good portion of day one in line.
aenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
milliesmum
Mouseketeer

Me and Dh are also on this cruise..yay!
Pirate night is day 2 (Wed) Disney put this under "my cruise activities".
I don't think there will be a formal night as such as they don't have them on short cruises. There will maybe be a "dress up night" which I would guess will be on the sea day but it is just a guess. I would just email Disney if you want to know for sure, they usually get back to you within 24hrs.
milliesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Regarding signing up for those activities, do so when you board at GS. We haven't found it to be very busy as you board because most people are heading to lunch.

I would recommend checking out old navigators for the Med to get an idea of what could be offered on port days & at while at sea. Even though they haven't offered a 4-night before, that will give you some idea of the possibilities.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #6
MJ6987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliesmum View Post
Me and Dh are also on this cruise..yay!
Pirate night is day 2 (Wed) Disney put this under "my cruise activities".
I don't think there will be a formal night as such as they don't have them on short cruises. There will maybe be a "dress up night" which I would guess will be on the sea day but it is just a guess. I would just email Disney if you want to know for sure, they usually get back to you within 24hrs.
Cool! How do you know about the Pirate night by the way? Did you email them?

Thanks all!
MJ6987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #7
milliesmum
Mouseketeer

If you log on to DCL website(as if you were completing the online check-in) go to the section to book spa, dining and excursions and the pirate deck party is listed there.
milliesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #8
kiford
Mouseketeer

On our latest B2B cruise (Bahamian not Med, but the procedures for booking are pretty much the same), the mixology and other tastings were booked in one of the bars. We were the only ones there - no line up.

On the second leg, the bar was having problems with their computer so they sent us to guest services to sign up. I think we waited 2 minutes.

Some of the tours you don't need to sign up for, you just show up at an appointed place at a particular time. The Navigator will give you the particulars.

WDW: 1986 (off-site), 1991 (CB), 2000 (BI), 2005 (BC/BI), 2008 (BI/AKL), 2011 (BC/GF), 2012 (GF), 2013 (BC)

Me (50) Him (53)
kiford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #9
JoiseyMom
Have you had your SPANX today???
I mean, peep poop should be shiny and colored!!

Realize that they don't offer so many options on 4 nights. I do not think they offer Tea with Alice or Mixology. So don't get your heart set on something. You should look at the navigators for the 4 night cruises here in the US, that might give you a better idea of what might be offered.
2005 August - Surprise Trip for kids!! CSR; 2006 August - Surprise Trip for kids at CSR again!! 2007 August - 3 nite Wonder & AKL FD 3peat!!
2007 December 8 - 7nite Eastern on the Magic! 2008 August 17 DCL Magic EB Panama Canal; March 2011 WDW trip with friends. 2012 Aug 25 DCL Bahamas Magic from NYC;2012 Sept 12 DCL Canadian Magic;2013 Aug AKL Kidani;2013 Aug DCL Fantasy

I am Poohtiful and Poohlicious!!!! Have you had your Spanx today???
JoiseyMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: