Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
cjstarr
DIS Veteran

MeFoto Tripod

I need to find a decent tripod something like the Benro MeFoto Tripod model A1350Q1G. The lowest price I have found on this model is $189 which is a little more then I can afford.
One of the things I need in a tripod is height. I need to get over the heads of the people in front of me. I most often take video for the teachers at school of plays and musicals performances by the students and have a problem shooting over the heads of parents that don't understand that I'm there at the request of a teacher. So I need one that will reach 60" to 72" in height.
Other then the MeFoto model above do you know of another model that I should be looking at?
June 6, 2010 Movie Resort, MK, Epcot, HS, & AK
Our next trip to Walt Disney World ???

Think Outside the BOX!!!
My Camera is a Sony A57
cjstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
melifeld
Mouseketeer

I have this tripod. It is a really good one. And for the price, it is a really good value as it includes a really decent ball head, and becomes a monopod if you need one.

The only other one I have seen that was similar was a Sirui model (the N2004, I think), but the legs and head together would be about $290, if I remember correctly. This is the model I was going to get, and was saving for it, when I learned about the Mefoto and bought that instead.

I would take a look at some of the independent camera stores, see if any of them can offer you a better deal on the tripod.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
ejcraft
Mouseketeer

if you do ebay, you can get a tripod very similar to the mefoto made by beike, I think it was model 777. it's the same concept, only much cheaper, I recently bought one and it seems to be a good option.
ejcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #4
cjstarr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejcraft View Post
if you do ebay, you can get a tripod very similar to the mefoto made by beike, I think it was model 777. it's the same concept, only much cheaper, I recently bought one and it seems to be a good option.
Thanks ejcraft, it looks like a well built tripod alright how do you like the one you bought so far. Any drawbacks that you can see?
June 6, 2010 Movie Resort, MK, Epcot, HS, & AK
Our next trip to Walt Disney World ???

Think Outside the BOX!!!
My Camera is a Sony A57
cjstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:42 AM   #5
nvtsallo
Mouseketeer

I purchased that mefoto tripod. I love it. Great head. Light and goes down to 15". Plus it will hold my 5d with 70-200 attached. Just do not like the extra time it takes to twist each section to extend then back to fold up. Really worth the money to me. Fwiw.
nvtsallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:38 AM   #6
mikegood2
DIS Veteran

I agree about the price, it's more than I would prefer to spend, but after reading reviews and looking at one, I decided to order the MeFoto RoadTrip from my local camera store. My problem is that I want/need the orange one and of course that is the only color they have not gotten in the last few weeks. I think I'll give them until the weekend and may need to buy one online if they don't get any in by then.
mikegood2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #7
ejcraft
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjstarr View Post
Thanks ejcraft, it looks like a well built tripod alright how do you like the one you bought so far. Any drawbacks that you can see?

so far I see no real drawbacks, other than the whole twist lock trying to get used to it, used the monopod feature this past weekend at my daughters graduation with a canon 60D and the 70-200f4L lenses with no issues
ejcraft is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: