Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Spa & Palo Cancellation Policy

I know you can cancel while on the ship, but how far in advance must cancellations occur? 24 hours? Thanks!
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:45 AM   #2
Callymum
DIS Veteran

You have got to cancel Palo by 2pm on the day of your Reservation. After this or a no show will be charged full price.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/fa...-reservations/

The Spa I don't know about, it is not run by actual Disney Staff so may be different cancellation policy.
Callymum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 01:49 AM   #3
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callymum View Post
You have got to cancel Palo by 2pm on the day of your Reservation. After this or a no show will be charged full price.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/fa...-reservations/

The Spa I don't know about, it is not run by actual Disney Staff so may be different cancellation policy.
What if it's brunch? Probably 24 hours?
Old 05-21-2013, 01:53 AM   #4
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

The spa on the Wonder is 24hrs notice for an onboard booking and embarkation day only for an online booking. We got a letter in our stateroom laying this out specifically. I thought the distinction was pretty ridiculous; what if one of our kids got sick the day before and we had to cancel the spa villa we had reserved the last day of the cruise? No way to reschedule it at that point. Would they seriously have charged me for half of it just because I made it online before boarding?
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:13 AM   #5
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post

What if it's brunch? Probably 24 hours?
As weird as it may seem, it's the same policy. We had to cancel once and was told that as long as we cancelled by 2, then it was fine. I told them that my reservation was earlier than 2, and they said it didn't matter.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #6
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
The spa on the Wonder is 24hrs notice for an onboard booking and embarkation day only for an online booking. We got a letter in our stateroom laying this out specifically. I thought the distinction was pretty ridiculous; what if one of our kids got sick the day before and we had to cancel the spa villa we had reserved the last day of the cruise? No way to reschedule it at that point. Would they seriously have charged me for half of it just because I made it online before boarding?
Thanks. That is ridiculous. I will double check the notification. We have spa appts on Day 2 and on Day 7. If they require cancellation on embarkation day, I'll probably cancel our Day 7 ressies since I wouldn't know how I'll be feeling on Day 7. What a dumb policy.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #7
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Back from the Magic and they are SERIOUS about that 24 hour period.

My SIL had a 4:30pm massage for Day 7. We got back on the ship at about 5:00pm on Day 6 from an excursion. She called the spa at 5:30pm and they said they were going to charge her 50% for the cancellation fee.

She is pregnant and wasn't feeling well but did the massage anyway (which she said was uncomfortable since they laid her on her side instead of having a specialty pregnancy O pillow like other spas have).

Just FYI for anyone who's on the fence on cancelling.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #8
MonoMan
Mouseketeer

In February on the Dream the policy for the spa was 24 hours in advance or they would charge you 50% of the service. I was ended up getting very sick the day before and called and they told me that there were no exceptions, not even if you rescheduled the appointment for a later time/date.

In the future I will not schedule ahead. I will wait and the call the day I want to go and if I'm able to get an appointment great, if not I'll skip it.
MonoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #9
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

The spa's cancelation policy for online reservations is one reason, I won't use their services again. The hard sell tactics are another. It's very disappointing because I am a spa junkie.

I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy.
I'll think about that tomorrow.....After all, tomorrow is another day"
Scarlett O'Hara
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #10
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981 View Post
The spa's cancelation policy for online reservations is one reason, I won't use their services again. The hard sell tactics are another. It's very disappointing because I am a spa junkie.
Yes I had heard that. My brother said that they sold stuff during the whole massage then sat them down after for a speech about the products. They were very disappointed by the whole experience since it was supposed to be a romantic couples massage.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: