Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 10:51 PM   #1
swimrider
Earning My Ears

Blisters on balls of feet

Does anyone else get blisters on the balls of their feet? It doesn't matter what type of shoe I am wearing if I wall for a long amount I will get blisters that then make it uncomfortable to walk. Just curious to see what other people's methods are.
swimrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:23 AM   #2
ramon033
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimrider View Post
Does anyone else get blisters on the balls of their feet? It doesn't matter what type of shoe I am wearing if I wall for a long amount I will get blisters that then make it uncomfortable to walk. Just curious to see what other people's methods are.
You could try and wear thicker socks. It works for me, it helps a lot for the blisters.
ramon033 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
Dizisfun
Mouseketeer

I get blisters on the balls of my feet when I do any length of walking. I end up wearing the original crocs with socks. I buy the socks as close to the color of my crocs as possible and I only wear no show socks. I always carry a pair of sneakers with me to wdw and change into them for an hour or so and then I'm back in my crocs. As a side note, I nvr wear new crocs to wdw or any park. I wear my old ones. (the new crocs have little knobs on the sole of them)
Old 05-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
lucyem
DIS Veteran

I just cut out some moleskin to size and stick it right to my foot. I bring some spare pieces into the park with me. Socks can help depending on the socks/shoes. But personally I find even with socks I almost always have some sort of blister with any shoe.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #5
BlueStarryHat

Just picture everyone sitting at the computer in their underwear

I'm a moleskin fan, too. I know the "hot spots" on my feet, and don't go to the parks without padded moleskin on them.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #6
swimrider
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys

I've used moleskin but sometimes it just doesn't help. I have new orthotics to try out. I leave Friday!
Old 05-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #7
lynn_s
Mouseketeer

Use body glide on the spot(s) that gets the blisters before putting socks on, and get sports type moisture wicking socks.

I always get a huge blister on my rt foot unless I do that.
lynn_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #8
swimrider
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn_s View Post
Use body glide on the spot(s) that gets the blisters before putting socks on, and get sports type moisture wicking socks.

I always get a huge blister on my rt foot unless I do that.
Cool thanks I didn't think about body glide. I'm gonna def get some and try it out.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:25 PM   #9
Freesia123
DIS Veteran

Don't wear your new orthotics without breaking tgem in!!! You will probay have very achy feet until you get used to them.

I just bought a pair of Sketchers GoWalks. I think it would be hard to get a blister in those shoes. They feel like you are walking on pillows and are so soft there's nothing to rub!

Ima very big girl and I just walked 8 miles in them and for the very first time didn't have blisters. I think they'd be even better with body glide. I cannot recommend them enough! They are miracle shoes!!!!
Freesia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #10
albarellic
Mouseketeer

Have you tried wearing 2 pairs of socks? I always forget about this tip until I've got blisters
albarellic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #11
Dsnyfireman
Mouseketeer

Well I'm not sure a lot of guys would admit this but in boot camp our drill Sargents told us to wear knee high nylons then socks to keep from getting blisters! We did and I didn't get anymore blisters and my feet didn't seem as sore at night. We would march 15 miles a day in full gear and pack, in boots in S.C in the summer !!! Hope this helps .
Dsnyfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #12
minushka72
Mouseketeer

And if you still get blisters, make sure to use the Band Aid Blister bandaids to heal them. They are the only ones that really work for me and they stay on. Extremely sticky and can stay on in the shower!
minushka72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:51 AM   #13
maux
Mouseketeer

I wear orthotics and I use Body Glide all the time. I swear by it and tell others constantly. Since I've been using it, I have not had one blister. It's like magic! Lol

maux
maux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #14
DanceDrawDream
Mouseketeer

Yes!!! Last trip I only brought sandals because I hate wearing sneakers if I really don't need to... well, let me tell you, i had the worst blisters on the balls of my feet! It was so so so uncomfortable to walk! One of the first aid stations in the park gave me big square bandages which was a quick relief as extra padding, but half way through the trip I couldn't take it and ended up buying a pair of mickey sneakers, haha. My feet felt SO much better in sneakers, but still at that point...it was too late because the blisters were still there!

WDW <3 1995 *First Time* ~ Caribbean Beach Resort, 1997 ~ Off Site, 1999 ~ Off Site, 2000 *Danced on Tomorrowland Stage* ~ All Star Music, 2005 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2009 ~ All Star Music, 2012 ~ Pop Century
DanceDrawDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:43 PM   #15
Freesia123
DIS Veteran

You should also bring a second pair of broken in shoes and try to switch them over about a third of the way through the day and then again later
Freesia123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: