Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
Cdarling
Earning My Ears

Transatlantic westbound questions

We just got off the fantasy western 7 night and put a deposit down for another. We are interested in Barcelona to puerto Rico but I don't see much on here about that cruise.

Is the weather nice or bad due to repositioning ?
Anyone ever done it?

OR

Puerto Rico to Barbados ect.. 7 night?

Which is better? Also we are talking 2015

Help please
Cdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdarling View Post
We just got off the fantasy western 7 night and put a deposit down for another. We are interested in Barcelona to puerto Rico but I don't see much on here about that cruise.

Is the weather nice or bad due to repositioning ?
Anyone ever done it?

OR

Puerto Rico to Barbados ect.. 7 night?

Which is better? Also we are talking 2015

Help please
Disney has never done the Barcelona to PR itinerary. It's new for 2014.

We did the WBTA in 2010. Barcelona to PC. Late Sep-early Oct. We had absolutely gorgeous weather and seas. This is not typical, as it actually during hurricane season. It's impossible to tell what will be occurring in 2015.

All of the Southern Caribbean itineraries are new. So no one really can comment on them yet.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #3
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

As stated, we had fabulous weather crossing in 2010 and if I'm not mistaken they had great weather in 2011. We did have some showers in Gibraltar and a small storm towards the end in the Caribbean but overall the weather was terrific.

I believe the earlier crossings west bound also experienced good weather. In fact I only remember one Eastern where they had some interesting weather but it wasn't continual and they had a good crossing.

One of the perks of being on the seas is that the captain can manuever around storms whenever possible. I remember getting back to work in 2010 and my colleagues asking about my weather. Turns out there were several storms during our crossing and they figured I didn't have good weather. Well, apparently the captain was expert at staying away from these storms as our actual crossing was nothing but blue skies and smooth waters.

I am already booked for the 2014 crossing (had hoped for a 2013 crossing but turns out it's not offered while they continue the drydock updates on the seas).

True they can't guarantee the weather but although it's harder to miss weather in ports, it is easier for them to sail around the weather out in the ocean. If it turns out to be not as wonderful as 2010 - well then I have a different adventure to experience!
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #4
MagicFan75
Mouseketeer

Another 2010 WBTA cruiser here. There was one or two days that the Atlantic Ocean was as calm as a lake, so weather-wise, we really did luck out. It was quite possibly the best vacation of our lives. Having many sea days helped us really relax but there was still plenty to do as the cruise staff steps up with extra activities for adults and kids. If we could swing it with school schedules, we'd be there again in a heartbeat.

MagicFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: