Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
cpc430
Mouseketeer

Remy Brunch AND Remy Dinner?

So I was pleasantly surprised when my booking window opened and there were plenty of reservations for Palo and Remy. I initially, I was going to do Palo Brunch and Remy dinner with Remy brunch as a back up if the dinner day I wanted was not available. Well since it was all available, I ended up grabbing all three! But now Im debating if I should keep them all.

Would you do Brunch and Dinner at Remy? We have brunch scheduled on our 1st sea day (Sunday) and dinner scheduled on Day 4
(costa Maya). Would doing brunch 1st take away from the dinner experience? I definitely want to keep the Palo brunch.

Thanks!
cpc430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc430 View Post
So I was pleasantly surprised when my booking window opened and there were plenty of reservations for Palo and Remy. I initially, I was going to do Palo Brunch and Remy dinner with Remy brunch as a back up if the dinner day I wanted was not available. Well since it was all available, I ended up grabbing all three! But now Im debating if I should keep them all.

Would you do Brunch and Dinner at Remy? We have brunch scheduled on our 1st sea day (Sunday) and dinner scheduled on Day 4
(costa Maya). Would doing brunch 1st take away from the dinner experience? I definitely want to keep the Palo brunch.

Thanks!
I've done both and they are different experiences. Remy brunch is a 5 course prix fixe menu and is much different than the over top dinner experience. I plan on doing both again this fall on the Dream.

Jill in CO
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
Aggie00
Earning My Ears

I have all four booked for our cruise in July on the Fantasy! My bf hasn't experienced any of it. I've done Palo on the Magic a few times, but never the Fantasy. Why not live a little?!
Aggie00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:19 AM   #4
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

We're sailing on the Fantasy in June. We decided to skip dinner at Remy (dined there 3 times) and do the Remy lunch, Palo brunch & a Palo dinner. We are looking forward to dinner at Palo as we been dining at Remy our last 3 cruises. . We may try for a Remy dinner once on board.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I did both on the Fantasy in September. They're different experiences.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
sorceressk
Mouseketeer

Yes. Do them all 2x if u can! That's all I'd eat if they let me! Lol
Old 05-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceressk View Post
Yes. Do them all 2x if u can! That's all I'd eat if they let me! Lol

Jill in CO
Old 05-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #8
Calfan
DIS Veteran

I would eat at Remy and Palo as many times as they will let you. On our April Fantasy cruise, we did Remy brunch and dinner and Palo brunch and dinner. The Remy dinner was by far the best meal of the four. I went in with pretty high expectations (lots of fine dining here in the San Francisco Bay Area where I live) and was blown away by both the food and the service. The brunch was also quite good, especially with the champagne pairing which my DH did and shared with me (pretty reasonable at $25 per person). If I were forced to choose because I was on a shorter cruise, I would do Remy dinner and Palo brunch as the absolute must-haves. But with a longer cruise and the ability to do all four, I would go for it every time. The fewer meals in the MDRs and at Cabanas the better in my book.

MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) WONDER May 15-17, 2015 (San Diego) B2B with WONDER May 17-20, 2015 (Ensenada) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) B2B with MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Baltics) with ABD add-on
Calfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #9
cpc430
Mouseketeer

Thank you everyone! I will keep them both!
cpc430 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: