Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #16
DIS Veteran

Haven't been able to fix my PhotoStream layout. Uploaded photos #100 thru #144 but #144 shows up as the first picture and #100 is the last. Total reverse of the upload file. Fixed it in "Sets" by arranging by "alphabet", I think it was, but can't find a way to do the same in "PhotoStream". Did email help and all they would say was to change the date of upload?????

I'll probably just stay with SmugMug anyway. Just wanted to try it out. Tried to upload some more today but kept getting an error message, no clue why, so I just gave up. Site as it is now is just not all that easy to navigate, IMHO.
11290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #17
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

I don't like change, so I'm not liking the new flickr much at all. I hate not being able to find things.

I think I'm going to give up my Pro account. I'm constantly looking at stats now, but can live without it. Ads won't bother me. The problem is, I can't find a link to view/change my account options.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #18
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Is there somewhere I can look to see how much space I currently have used?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #19
DIS Veteran

Just sent the link to my "Sets" to my wife to see on her iPad. Had set my "Sets" to be seen only by family and friends but when my wife wanted to view, it was requiring her to create either a Yahoo ID or if she signed in with Google, it wanted her to create a Flickr screen name. All this just to view the pics. Cancelled out of that right away and will be deleting by pictures and account. To intrusive for me.
11290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #20
Pixel Dust
It's a trap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Is there somewhere I can look to see how much space I currently have used?
Don't worry. If you think you need more space, you can get the "Doublr" plan for up to 2TB and a low price of $500.
I wonder if that's better than the old "Pro" plan with unlimited for $25.

Trip Reports: I Can Spot Frozen Fireworks Anywhere! 08/2014 ; All You Need is The Force, Trust and Pixie Dust! 05/2014
Wait! Where's your wedding ring? 10/2013 ; Food, friendship, flowers and a touch of the Force 05/2013 ; A Disney Geek-tastic Trip to the World 01/2013 ; Happily Ever After Begins Here 10/2012 ; Peekaboo, I see Pluto! A 1st Birthday TR 3/2012 ; Boo to Two 10/2011 ; A Failure to Launch 10/2010

02/09-Mariott Imperial Palms, 10/10-Mystic Dunes, 10/11-CR, 03/12-Windsor Hills, 10/12-BCV/AKV, 01/13-BWV, 05/13-BLT, 10/13-YC, 05/14-BWV, 08/14-VGF, 12/14-BWV, 04/15-BLT

Nikon D600
Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 ED VR ; Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 G ; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ; Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ; Nikon SB-800 ; Manfrotto 055CXPRO4 Tripod
Pixel Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #21
SrisonS
... and that's 'ess-ryzun-ess' (play on my name) ;)

I wonder how many people, besides actual Pros, need even anywhere near 1 TB. I use 1 TB hard drives to backup all of my pics, and I'm nowhere near that limit. They're Jpegs from 2007 to mid-2009; and all RAW (with some jpeg converts) since then. But my photostream is more of a "portfolio" than anything. So I definitely don't need that much room. Not that I'm complaining.
SrisonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #22
hakepb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Dust View Post
Don't worry. If you think you need more space, you can get the "Doublr" plan for up to 2TB and a low price of $500.
I wonder if that's better than the old "Pro" plan with unlimited for $25.
It sure seems there were multiple heavy users uploading TB's of RAW photos and Flikr decided to curb that practice.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #23
havoc315
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakepb View Post
It sure seems there were multiple heavy users uploading TB's of RAW photos and Flikr decided to curb that practice.
I don't think you can upload RAWs.
And I doubt they were really trying to curb current abuse. I think it came down to more of, "ok... if we start giving it away for free, we need to prevent future abuse." Plus, there may be concern about video uploads.
havoc315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #24
havoc315
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrisonS View Post
I wonder how many people, besides actual Pros, need even anywhere near 1 TB. I use 1 TB hard drives to backup all of my pics, and I'm nowhere near that limit. They're Jpegs from 2007 to mid-2009; and all RAW (with some jpeg converts) since then. But my photostream is more of a "portfolio" than anything. So I definitely don't need that much room. Not that I'm complaining.
But now you have the opportunity to use your main photostream at your "portfolio". And then also use privacy settings, to make flickr your online backup for all your photos.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #25
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Thanks! I guess I just don't speak the new Flickr language......
Ha ha, Flickr never greets me in English so it comes as no surprise that half the new stuff needs some sort of decoding to make sense

I really like the look of the new layout. It's a pain to try and find things, but I guess I will get used to it. I've been away and just got back and logged in to upload some photos and didn't know what was going on! Trying to figure out how their Pro subscriptions work first before I decide what to do ....

Meantime.... what happened to the collections? Have they done away with that feature?
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #26
kofslinky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc315 View Post
I don't think you can upload RAWs.
I shoot RAW from my D90 and upload it via iPhoto without any problems.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:48 AM   #27
mikegood2
DIS Veteran

As someone who just joined Flickr, overall I like the new design, except for one thing, the inability to easily view the "additional info". While I haven't used Flickr often, didn't the old layout have the basic info setting to the right of the photo? In the new version, the black photo area almost fill it up to the bottom, if its needed or not, so you have to scroll down and click for additional info every time. I can't believe the designers thought that was a good idea.

I would think they could have fairly easily put in on the bottom line by the favorite and comment icons. I'm trying to get some shot ideas/inspiration for my trip next month, and this is really slowing my viewing down. In particular in looking at night shots and trying to see what settings were used. I'm not the only person who likes to see what settings people used am I?

Also, I'm aware that I can click on the three dots and select the exif data, but in most cases I only want to see the basic info and again it adds unnecessary clicks!
mikegood2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:04 AM   #28
havoc315
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kofslinky View Post
I shoot RAW from my D90 and upload it via iPhoto without any problems.
Doesn't iPhoto convert them to jpeg as part of the upload? I've never seen raw files on Flickr.
Edit: looked it up, Flickr does not allow raw file storage. If you can view your images in a web browser, they are not raw.

Last edited by havoc315; 05-24-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #29
kofslinky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc315 View Post
Doesn't iPhoto convert them to jpeg as part of the upload? I've never seen raw files on Flickr.
Edit: looked it up, Flickr does not allow raw file storage. If you can view your images in a web browser, they are not raw.
Then it must be iPhoto doing some form of conversion during the upload process- I don't have to convert them before uploading.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #30
havoc315
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kofslinky View Post
Then it must be iPhoto doing some form of conversion during the upload process- I don't have to convert them before uploading.
Yes, lightroom does the same thing. Exporting includes jpeg conversion.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: