Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #196
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMMarla07860 View Post
Not blaming the grandmother, but not blaming DCL either, bad situation that happened yes, but we don't have the full story to blame anyone. We have a video that doesn't show all that much, to me it didn't look like much besides a guy hitting on a girl which I have seen happen. It's not like he raped her. So while yes I do feel sorry it happened, can't place blame on DCL, they looked into it, guy admitted he did something and he was sent home.

I am seriously going to throw up. I can't believe you said this.

A. It wasn't just a "guy hitting on a girl".....it was an ADULT bothering a MINOR.

B. "It wasn't like he raped her"??????? You didn't really just say that, did you???? That's like saying "Well, he/she was ONLY stabbed, not murdered, so therefore, it's no big deal".

I'm so shocked at your remarks I can't even think straight.

I realize that you are young...and I'm going to let some of what I'm thinking go because you don't have enough life experience to know better than to make such remarks.
All I can say is that I pray to God nothing like this ever happens to you, or someday, a child of yours. Because you know what? MY daughter was raped, and you have NO IDEA what you are talking about. None.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #197
Moxin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyTwinDad View Post
Ignorance is bliss. "didn't look like much besides a guy hitting on a girl", are you serious? Have you ever been molested or raped? If not, you have no right to make a comment like this.

You are one of the staunchest supporters on DIS who always wants everyone to follow DCL's rules and guidelines, and yet it is DCL who let a child molester walk away on their own dime. Sorry if this offends anyone, but I have a difficult time supporting DCL (our family loves DCL) in this situation.
I, too, am a very dedicated DCL patron, but I am very concerned about this incident. I don't blame DCL for what this jerk did, but how they handled it gives me great pause.

I don't understand how DCL could have allowed this to happen. Was the captain not notified in time? Why wasn't he detained onboard until the ship returned to PC?

This whole thing is going to leave a very black eye on DCL if they don't explain what occurred, and soon.
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #198
Rogillio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ignorance is bliss. "didn't look like much besides a guy hitting on a girl", are you serious? Have you ever been molested or raped? If not, you have no right to make a comment like this.

You are one of the staunchest supporters on DIS who always wants everyone to follow DCL's rules and guidelines, and yet it is DCL who let a child molester walk away on their own dime. Sorry if this offends anyone, but I have a difficult time supporting DCL (our family loves DCL) in this situation.

Sure she does! Why does one have to have been raped to opine about what they believe they see on a video. I don't see anything conclusive on the video. They'd better have more video that what was posted if they want to take it to court otherwise it'd just be he said/she said. He confessed but we really don't know what he confessed to....we can only assume what he confessed to.
WDW 4/98, Yellowstone 6/99, 4-day Bahamas DCL 6/00, Washington DC 6/01, WDW 1/02, Scotland 6/02, Alaska 6/03, 7-day Caribbean DCL 6/04, 4-day Bahamas DCL 1/05, WDW 1/05, Universal 3/05, Norway 6/05, NYC Waldorf-Astoria 10/05, Snowshoe, WV 12/05, China Adventure 3/06, WDW 6/06, Copper Mountain, CO 12/06, 11-day DCL Med Cruise 5/07, 4-day Bahamas DCL 10/07, 7 Day NCL cruise - Hawaii 7/08, Door County, WI 7/09, Snowshoe WV, 12/09, 12-day DCL Baltic cruise 6/10, 7-day Caribbean HAL 12/10, WDW 6/11, 5-day Dream NYE 12/11, 7-day Canadian HAL 6/12, 3-day Dream Jan 2013, 4-day Dream Feb 2013, 5-day CCL NOLA, 7 days hiking in the Himilayans, Katmandu, Nepal 5/14 7-day RCCL 7/14

Last edited by Rogillio; 05-22-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #199
justmestace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogillio View Post
Sure she does! Why does one have to have been raped to opine about what they believe they see on a video. I don't see anything conclusive on the video. They'd better have more video that what was posted if they want to take it to court otherwise it'd just be he said/she said. He guy confessed we really don't know what he confessed to....we can only assume what he confessed to.

In the very beginning, almost ALL cases of rape/molestation are He said/She said. That is why something like this should be investigated by the police.

You are right in the fact that we really can't tell by what video is posted, nor did we hear his confession.....all true. But....we are not the jury....and we are not the police.....and NEITHER IS DISNEY CRUISE LINE.

The LAW states that any accusation, especially made by a child with a threat against a child, should be IMMEDIATELY reported to the local authorities, and IT WASN'T.

I have no idea why you keep hanging on to this. Do you really love Disney so much that you can't SEE that just this once, they "might have" screwed up????
Or are you just kicking back having fun playing Devil's Advocate?
Old 05-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #200
Rogillio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post

A. It wasn't just a "guy hitting on a girl".....it was an ADULT bothering a MINOR.

B. "It wasn't like he raped her"??????? You didn't really just say that, did you???? That's like saying "Well, he/she was ONLY stabbed, not murdered, so therefore, it's no big deal".

I realize that you are young...and I'm going to let some of what I'm thinking go because you don't have enough life experience to know better than to make such remarks.
All I can say is that I pray to God nothing like this ever happens to you, or someday, a child of yours. Because you know what? MY daughter was raped, and you have NO IDEA what you are talking about. None.

You are getting very rude. Chill out. She gave an opinion...if that makes you throw up, don't feel like you need to tell that and in an attempt to discredit someone.
WDW 4/98, Yellowstone 6/99, 4-day Bahamas DCL 6/00, Washington DC 6/01, WDW 1/02, Scotland 6/02, Alaska 6/03, 7-day Caribbean DCL 6/04, 4-day Bahamas DCL 1/05, WDW 1/05, Universal 3/05, Norway 6/05, NYC Waldorf-Astoria 10/05, Snowshoe, WV 12/05, China Adventure 3/06, WDW 6/06, Copper Mountain, CO 12/06, 11-day DCL Med Cruise 5/07, 4-day Bahamas DCL 10/07, 7 Day NCL cruise - Hawaii 7/08, Door County, WI 7/09, Snowshoe WV, 12/09, 12-day DCL Baltic cruise 6/10, 7-day Caribbean HAL 12/10, WDW 6/11, 5-day Dream NYE 12/11, 7-day Canadian HAL 6/12, 3-day Dream Jan 2013, 4-day Dream Feb 2013, 5-day CCL NOLA, 7 days hiking in the Himilayans, Katmandu, Nepal 5/14 7-day RCCL 7/14
Old 05-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #201
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:

Ok. I'm stepping back on this thread. I'm not sure why, but I'm adding my 2 cents on this.

Stace, your are very passionate and emotional on this topic. I am extremely sorry to hear that your daughter was raped; that is awful & horrific. I've read lots of capital lettered statements you've typed. With all due respect, lets stick to the FACTS. This girl in question was not raped. She was groped and forcibly kissed per the report (although the video is indeed inconclusive). I'm not saying she wasn't, I'm purely stating just the facts per the report.

I've kept my opinions to myself and will continue to do so on this particular subject. I have in fact suggested to my DH not to write a blog post about it, even though its DCL news because of the spin factor. So please, passion or not, lets stick to fact analysis and opinions and not misconstrue the actual events.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Old 05-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #202
Rogillio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
In the very beginning, almost ALL cases of rape/molestation are He said/She said. That is why something like this should be investigated by the police.

You are right in the fact that we really can't tell by what video is posted, nor did we hear his confession.....all true. But....we are not the jury....and we are not the police.....and NEITHER IS DISNEY CRUISE LINE.

The LAW states that any accusation, especially made by a child with a threat against a child, should be IMMEDIATELY reported to the local authorities, and IT WASN'T.

I have no idea why you keep hanging on to this. Do you really love Disney so much that you can't SEE that just this once, they "might have" screwed up????
But based on the previous 13 pages, most have already tried and convicted the guy and ready for the hanging! And most area also ready to condem DCL. And all of this is based on one news story 'investigation' by one reporter. It's always easy to judge people when you only hear one side of the story.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #203
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Just saying it didn't look like much, seen worse videos. I'm not supporting DCL, but also not supporting the girl. What's done is done, the guy got fired and for whatever reason the family didn't want to do more.
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic
Old 05-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #204
justmestace

Quote:
Sure she does! Why does one have to have been raped to opine about what they believe they see on a video. I don't see anything conclusive on the video. They'd better have more video that what was posted if they want to take it to court otherwise it'd just be he said/she said. He guy confessed we really don't know what he confessed to....we can only assume what he confessed to.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #205
PatriciaH
I want to be an Imagineer!

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/tags/milton-braganza/

Disney Cruise Line's decision to sail its Disney Dream out of the jurisdiction to Nassau, Bahamas has caused concern and outrage not only with the local police department in Brevard County but has also caught the attention of the new Attorney General for Brevard County, Phil Archer.

After watching the video tape obtained by WKMG Channel 6 in Orlando and learning that Disney had assisted the assailant crew member in leaving the jurisdiction and avoiding prosecution, Attorney General Archer said he was "sickened." He vowed to prosecute crimes on cruise ships which are all too often not timely reported to the local law enforcement or are ignored by the FBI.

According to WKMG, which again aired an informative report on this disturbing case, Archer said that "at least two crimes" may have occurred on the Disney Dream while in Brevard County's waters: "false imprisonment, as the suspect cornered the child in the elevator, which he prevented from moving by blocking the door as he appeared to molest her; and lewd or lascivious molestation on a child under 12, a felony that could have produced a life sentence."

Archer characterized the Disney molestation case as "serious" and promised vigorous prosecutions of crimes like this in order to protect other families who may cruise in the future. The local police chief also promised a more active role in investigating allegations of cruise ship crimes and completing reports.

When asked to respond to Disney's excuse that the child's grandmother allegedly said she did not want to pursue a criminal prosecution in the Bahamas, Attorney General Archer said: "the decision to prosecute that serious a crime in Florida rests with a prosecutor, not a grandmother."
78 Off Site, 89 Off Site, 93 Caribbean Beach, 94 Wilderness Lodge, 94 Caribbean Beach, 96 Dixie Landings, 99 Port Orleans, 00 Disneyland Hotel, 01 Coronado Springs, 02 Coronado Springs, 02 Port Orleans FQ, 03 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 03 Marriott DT Disney/Wilderness Lodge, 04 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Disney Wonder, October 04 Living in Celebration and loving it! 05 Paradise Pier/Grand Californian, 07 Disney Wonder, 07 Grand Floridian, 08 Yacht Club, 08 Adventures By Disney Viva Italia/Knights and Lights/DL Paris, 09 Grand Floridian, 09 Candy Cane Inn/1st D23 Expo, 09 Polynesian, 10 Summer Nightastic, 10 F&W's 15th, 11 Candy Cane Inn/DL/DCA, 11 D23 Scavenger Hunt, 11 Wilderness Lodge/F&W/MNSS/HHN/MVMCP/15th Anniversary Trip, 11 Xmas Trip, 12 WD Family Museum/DL Hotel, 12 F&G, 12 Sept Trip, 12 Wilderness Cabins/F&W/HHN/Fall Trip, 13 January WDW Trip, 13 Paradise Pier/DL/DCA/Cars Land, 13 Sea World/Universal/WDW, 13 Disney Dream/F&W, 14 HHN/F&W
224+ out of 224:
Old 05-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #206
justmestace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Ok. I'm stepping back on this thread. I'm not sure why, but I'm adding my 2 cents on this.

Stace, your are very passionate and emotional on this topic. I am extremely sorry to hear that your daughter was raped; that is awful & horrific. I've read lots of capital lettered statements you've typed. With all due respect, lets stick to the FACTS. This girl in question was not raped. She was groped and forcibly kissed per the report (although the video is indeed inconclusive). I'm not saying she wasn't, I'm purely stating just the facts per the report.

I've kept my opinions to myself and will continue to do so on this particular subject. I have in fact suggested to my DH not to write a blog post about it, even though its DCL news because of the spin factor. So please, passion or not, lets stick to fact analysis and opinions and not misconstrue the actual events.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

In all of my posts, I have stuck to the facts. See the one above this one.

But there's no way I'm not going to say something when someone makes a comment like DMMarla did. It's an injustice to all little girls and boys who've been fondled or molested to say "At least they weren't raped".
I see absolutely nothing wrong with telling someone that remarks like that are not only hurtful, but ignorant. And if someone thinks I just called a person ignorant, I didn't....I said the remark was ignorant.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #207
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You are getting very rude. Chill out. She gave an opinion...if that makes you throw up, don't feel like you need to tell that and in an attempt to discredit someone.
I find some comments rude, but for the most part I just laugh it off, they have their opinions, I have mine we can agree to disagree. If anyone wants to say anything to me more about this they can pm or email me. I for one love the different opinions people have for the most part
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic
Old 05-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #208
pyramid2000
Member of the DD Geek invasion of CC
How exacty do you iron on a T-****?

Quote:
I'm not sure who this snarky remard was directed at but it's rude.

I think the fact that they were Brazilian was a huge factor in them not wanting to press charges. I know I would not want to be tied up in some investigation and trial in some foreign country. And if they did tell DCL they had no intention in pressing charges this might very well have played a role in the DCL security's decision not to call the cops. Was he legally obligated? Some here claim he was. Did he know this? IDK. Was the Security officer and Ameican versed in American law? IDK. Maybe he was Bahamian and knew the Bahamians would arrest him.
Sorry,I was not trying to be rude , but you keep asking the same questions over and over and links have been provided that answer many of your queries. It seemed your comment could have also been on the rude side in that you were inferring that what many have said and the links they provided were either not looked at or just ignored.

Also, my questioning of not being a US citizen had nothing to do with if they wanted to press charges or not. My thinking leads me to believe it is possible that if the victim were a US citizen, the actions of DCL personnel would have been different...

1988- 1st trip to WDW/senior class trip : 1990- Carnival cruise from Puerto Rico : 5/00- 3 night CB/4 night Magic : 9/05- 4 night PO/3 night Wonder : 1/06 - 7 night Western Magic: 7/06- 5 night RCCL Explorer (Bermuda):12/09/06- 7 night Magic-DD Geek Party: 8/17/08- 15 night EBPC Magic : 11/01/09- 4 night Wonder:: 2/20/11- 4 night Dream : 11/10/11 - 3 night Dream : 10/13/12 - 7 night Western Fantasy : 04/04/13 - 4 night Miami Wonder : 01/13/14 - 4 night Magic :
Old 05-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #209
justmestace

Quote:

Me saying a remark is making me want to throw up is not anywhere near trying to discredit them.
She stated her opinion, and I stated mine, there is no difference between the two at all.....so thank you for not judging me or telling me what I'm allowed to say or not say.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #210
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

Quote:

In all of my posts, I have stuck to the facts. See the one above this one.

But there's no way I'm not going to say something when someone makes a comment like DMMarla did. It's an injustice to all little girls and boys who've been fondled or molested to say "At least they weren't raped".
I see absolutely nothing wrong with telling someone that remarks like that are not only hurtful, but ignorant. And if someone thinks I just called a person ignorant, I didn't....I said the remark was ignorant.
Did I say At least she wasn't raped? I'm not good with wording things sometimes I will tell you that. But I will say that I was trying to say that video I saw didn't look bad, I've seen worse videos(want to see them then pm or email me and I'll give you links, they truly aren't for this thread). If you have anything more to say to me, pm me or email. I for one am open minded and like different views people can have
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: