Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #31
rdkeim
Mouseketeer

I've been a lurker on your other trip reports. You're off to a good start - can't wait to follow along!
rdkeim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #32
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

OK, I said it before, I'll say it again, THANK YOU for all the replies! I don't think I have ever had this many readers at once.. or at least that have come out of lurkdom It's truly an ego boost, and inspiration to get this thing going!

Sorry I haven't gotten much more than the intros done. This week has been busy, but I have a cool surprise in store for you all! EEP! Can't say anything yet though! Actually, I might be able to, but isn't the suspense so much more fun??

I want to also say, I have MAJOR baby brain. I know studies show that it isn't a real thing, but it IS! Not to mention, I have a pretty awful memory to begin with!

So you are warned.. details may not be as fantastic as some other TR writers, but I am giving it my all, I promise
inkedupmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #33
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

The day before the BIG day!

OK, wow, my memory is MUCH worse than I let on in my previous post! I can remember some of what happened the day before, but not all!

I'll go back even further than the day before the big day, and give you some back ground on what our week was like.

Jack came home from his visit with his dad Sunday night, January 20th. He didn't look so hot, but felt REALLY hot! My heart sank when I took his temp and he did in fact have a fever! I quickly got over my woe is me feeling and remembered, hey, it's Sunday! He has 5 WHOLE days to get better! SURELY he will be fine by Friday. Right???

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

Here is my Facebook status from the next morning :

Jenn Paul Koch
January 21 near New Hope
Jack came home from Johns with a 102 fever... Jack woke up with a 102 fever... Let the week of "if it can happen it will happen" start! Yay life! Lol

Then here is my status a few minutes later:
Jenn Paul Koch
January 21 near New Hope via mobile
And the washer broke LMFAO!!!

What a way to start a wedding week! A sick kid out of school (right before being out for our Disneymoon) and a BROKEN washing machine! I also had work that day and Tuesday the 22.

Now go to Wed January 23, the Roots were flying in! Bright spot in a sick kid and broken washer week!

Not only were the Roots flying in, but out of nowhere, an old high school friend, and mom of a boy the same age as Kayla invited me to a day of pampering at our local spa! I felt weird going, as I KNOW how pricey the place is, but Bob said if I wasn't going, then he was LOL! He said I deserved it, and she's a friend offering, so go enjoy a girls day!

OMG! I had my body scrubbed, salted, exfoliated, massaged, waxed and I can't even remember what else, but all I can say is, it was heaven! Not that she is on here, but thank you Jessie! You will never know how much I loved that day! I only hope you all get a day like this some day!

Funny part, it took FOREVER! As I said, I had never done anything like this before, and wow, poor Bob, he was s happy to see me after, but I could tell a bit annoyed with my lack of communication..sorry dude, I'm on cloud 9, I can't even form a thought!

Lucky for him, I had made an appointment there for him the next day for a massage and manicure.. which I covered up by calling it a hand massage , bwahahahahha! I am SO serious about that too!

After my day of pampering I have NO clue what I did, other than go to our wedding venue..not even sure why! I do know though, that later that evening I got to see the wonderful, wonderful, fantastic, disgustingly cute Nate and Jensey Root! We didn't keep them long ( I hope..right?) as they had just flown in that day, and were tired! We were tired too, but I was crazy excited!

I'm pretty sure I fell asleep that night with a BIG grin on my face

That brings us to January 24, the day of Vomit, and the day before the BIG day!

The day I can't remember for the life of me anything before 3 pm. Things I do know happened before 3pm are, Kayla went to school, I'm pretty sure Jack did not, Bobs mom & Dad arrived , and Jack puked.

YUP, not only did we have Jack with a fever, but the day before the wedding he started PUKING!!! Alright!
At some point I wrote this FB post:
Jenn Paul Koch
January 24 near New Hope
And jack just puked for the 2nd time today! Going to be the best wedding everrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! No really, love it , lol!

LOL! If I remember correctly, Bobs sister Jess stayed with Jack that morning so I could do stuff...but who knows!

So let's get to 3 pm! Kayla and I had an appointment for mani/pedis!

Bob was sweet enough to bring me food there too!

I love love loveee getting my nails done, but man, it took FOREVER this day, and we had a VERY important family photo shoot with the Roots this afternoon! It wouldn't have been so bad if we had more daylight to work with, but it was January, and every second counted!

We were supposed to be there bt 4..Bob was there at 4, the Roots were there at 4.. Kayla and I got there somewhere around 4:30.. OOPs! God bless the Roots, they truly have the most patience out of anyone I have ever met. They didn't care one bit! Bob however was dealing with sick Jack, and it was freezing out, although Roots and my guys sat in a toasty car waiting for us!

What followed was surely the funniest thing I think to ever happen at ANY Root photo shoot!

First it started nice and calm at the High School in our town where Bob and I met, almost 17 years ago :D

YOU READY FOR SOME ROOT GOODNESS?

Why YES that is me with my slippers on... I will say this, when amazing photographers offer you a family mini session, PREPARE outfits. My biggest let down is how ragamuffin we all look! With that said, I like just how real it is, it's us, and I love us!

One of my FAVORITES!

The place we met

I would have given my first born (sorry Kayla!!!!) to do this with him 17 years ago!!

This picture kinda sums up why I married him!

The man makes me LAUGH! Not any laugh,but a make my face turn a sickening shade of purpley/red, pee my pants, stomach hurts, can't control myself laugh! He did from the moment I met him, and clearly as you can see he still does!

I have to stop here, I know I promised that the funniest thing ever was about to happen, but for some reason I take FOREVER at typing up posts and I have done nothing but sit here for over 2 hours, and need to tend to children, and house Plus, I gave you Root photos

Next up: The moment that shapes our wedding, MORE Root photos , an unofficial non rehearsal dinner, plus a Dis celebrity guest appearance!
Old 05-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #34
Gracefulskinny
Mouseketeer

Don't you just love the timeing of sick kids?!? Great update.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #35
inkedupmomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracefulskinny View Post
Don't you just love the timeing of sick kids?!? Great update.
Ya know, it forced us to take a step back, I think. I don't know that I would do it over, other than if he was better, he would have had a better time.

Thanks for the kudos
Old 05-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #36
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I love the pictures (and I know what is coming ). I like that you didn't get dressed up...you guys look very natural and that is sometimes better than doing a lot of fussing.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #37
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

aew what a cute idea of going to get ur pic taken at the school, I should do that with my hubby at our elementary school
Old 05-22-2013, 07:17 PM   #38
inkedupmomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I love the pictures (and I know what is coming ). I like that you didn't get dressed up...you guys look very natural and that is sometimes better than doing a lot of fussing.
Hehe! You DO know what happens next, but shhh I'm glad you like our natural look! I don't do dressed up well... Except on my wedding day

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
aew what a cute idea of going to get ur pic taken at the school, I should do that with my hubby at our elementary school
Thank you! Did you meet dh in ES!!??? They asked where we wanted to go, and there were so many possibilities! That seemed to make sense. Now I want them back to shoot all over town!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 05-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #39
tlenzendorf
Always Dreaming of Disney!

Yeaaaaah.... what happens next cracks me up! Love the pics, though. I hadn't seen a lot of them.

tlenzendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #40
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Aaahhhhh!!!!! You guys are so stinking cute/awesome/fun! I saw one of those pics on the Roots IG feed and LOVED it, and I am so glad you are sharing the rest!!!!

I laughed when I got the pics at the high school! I drive by there sometimes and one of my very best friends went to New Hope Solebury!!! And her family still lives up that way!

Such a horrible bummer to have a sick Jack!! Poor guy! But he looks like he w being such a trooper!!!

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
beachphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #41
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Joining in, I know I have lurked maybe even posted....Beautiful pics by Roots-such talent. I love how they capture the natural chemistry between you and Bob. And the kiddos also looked fabulous!! Congrats on the upcoming addition and can't wait to read all about it!!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #42
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

I have lurked off and on but had to comment. I know that High School and actually think I know someone who taught there. I love the New Hope area. Nice family pics also.
tazdev3225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #43
DynamicDisney
Earning My Ears

Amazing pics!! The love truly shines thru in the moments that were captured!

WDW: for myself as a kid 1984, 1991
WDW: first trip for DH and our kids: April 2013, AoA
DynamicDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #44
Beka
Goes to 11

Shuckydarn, I can't talk on here like I do on FB...

That being said,let me hate you for a hot second for having fabulous hair when being "ragamuffin".

Speaking of "ragamuffin", are you *positive* you're not Southern?

Dying in anticipation for more photos, even if I know what comes next. I love love love those pics of you n Bob looking crazy in love.

'K, time for bed, been up since 4:30. Happy birthday to a fellow awesome nurse, Bob!

Trips to see The Mouse
1984 1988 1992 1994 1995 1996 2009 2010 2012 2013
Old 05-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #45
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Amazing pictures that really let your love and infectious happiness shine through. They made me smile inside and out

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: