DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
nd43
Disney Fan

Just purchased VGF

Just wanted to let the group know we just made our purchase commitment for VGF. Prior to knowing the data, I figured if the price was $150 or less, and the use chart was "reasonable" compared to VGC, we would probably buy at VGF vs. wait for BWV.

Technically, our guide could only sell it to us as non-members if we reached out to him first. We cannot close until June 19th as a non-member. Our first reservation will be for next Spring Break 2014.

There were no incentives (just the $150 starting price for non-members). I assume there might be some in the future. It was not the key for us buying at this time. Again, patience will pay off for others.

I have made some mistakes on this board. However, it has been very valuable to us and I wanted to thank everyone for all the input.

For instance, without this board, I would not have thought to split our contract into two smaller contracts so we could more easily sell one in the future if we needed to downsize. Picking the right UY for us, etc., was all based on info found on this board.

We are happy to be buying direct at a new resort. It has been a journey through resale, wait lists, debates gone bad, to today. I am also happy to have the decision done

All the best & thank you,
nd43
nd43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
queendarvet
Mouseketeer

Congrats and Welcome Home! Enjoy your membership!!
queendarvet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare

I guess I will wait until you sell one of those little contracts through resale in a few years ------ just kidding. Have fun planning.
Splashboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
adminjedi
I use my powers for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd43 View Post
Just wanted to let the group know we just made our purchase commitment for VGF. Prior to knowing the data, I figured if the price was $150 or less, and the use chart was "reasonable" compared to VGC, we would probably buy at VGF vs. wait for BWV.

Technically, our guide could only sell it to us as non-members if we reached out to him first. We cannot close until June 19th as a non-member. Our first reservation will be for next Spring Break 2014.

There were no incentives (just the $150 starting price for non-members). I assume there might be some in the future. It was not the key for us buying at this time. Again, patience will pay off for others.

I have made some mistakes on this board. However, it has been very valuable to us and I wanted to thank everyone for all the input.

For instance, without this board, I would not have thought to split our contract into two smaller contracts so we could more easily sell one in the future if we needed to downsize. Picking the right UY for us, etc., was all based on info found on this board.

We are happy to be buying direct at a new resort. It has been a journey through resale, wait lists, debates gone bad, to today. I am also happy to have the decision done

All the best & thank you,
nd43
You followed MY rule #1 - do your homework and then do what is best for you!

and MY rule #2 - buy where you want to stay!

Congratulations and Welcome Home

DVC MEMBER SINCE 2006
adminjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
nd43
Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashboat View Post
I guess I will wait until you sell one of those little contracts through resale in a few years
Absolutely! That is why I think the resale market is key even for direct buyers. I just hope you do not kill me on price when the time comes
Old 05-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #6
nalajms
DIS Veteran

Congrats!

Did you get to pick the UY?
Old 05-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #7
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

How many points did you end up buying & did they let you pick a UY?

Congrats on your purchase!
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #8
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Congratulations and Welcome Home!! Enjoy!

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #9
nd43
Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan View Post
How many points did you end up buying & did they let you pick a UY?

Congrats on your purchase!
I could pick my use year, but for some reason, the earliest month I could pick was April for 2013 points (no Feb). April was fine for us, so it worked. I am not sure if this was a guide thing or just something structural with the offer timing that Feb UY would not provide 2013 points (first points would be 2014 with that choice).

We did two contracts. One for 200 and one for 100. The thought being we would sell the 100 pt. contract if we later decided to downsize this many points.

We plan to immediately bank 2013 points and have our first visit in early April for Spring break 2014.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #10
nalajms
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I could pick my use year, but for some reason, the earliest month I could pick was April for 2013 points (no Feb). April was fine for us, so it worked. I am not sure if this was a guide thing or just something structural with the offer timing that Feb UY would not provide 2013 points (first points would be 2014 with that choice).

We did two contracts. One for 200 and one for 100. The thought being we would sell the 100 pt. contract if we later decided to downsize this many points.

We plan to immediately bank 2013 points and have our first visit in early April for Spring break 2014.
Were you also expected to pay dues for 2013?

Were there extra charges to split the contract? If it's minimal, you might be better of getting 3-100pt contracts. Easier if you ever want to sell.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #11
nd43
Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalajms View Post
Were you also expected to pay dues for 2013?

Were there extra charges to split the contract? If it's minimal, you might be better of getting 3-100pt contracts. Easier if you ever want to sell.
Actually, no extra cost for multiple contracts. I will give that some thought.

MF will be pro-rated for 2013 from resort opening. However, as usual, full 2013 points we will given to the buyer.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #12
orlandobuck
Earning My Ears

I own DVC through a prior resale. Does anyone know if I can add on 50 points of VGF or is that only possible for someone who bought direct?
orlandobuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #13
nd43
Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandobuck View Post
I own DVC through a prior resale. Does anyone know if I can add on 50 points of VGF or is that only possible for someone who bought direct?
From what I was told, absolutely. You are an existing member just like everyone else. You just need to contact a guide and you will also get the $145 member price.

I believe DVC news (the web site) will provide a guide referral if you do not have one today. Contact one and they will get you all the info.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #14
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:

Since we are friends, I suggest that you buy 50 point contracts for even more flexibility.

My other concern is that the resort may not be what you envision in your mind. We made the mistake of buying BLT before the resort was completed. When we finally stayed there we found the theming not to be our favorite and the views from the rooms not at all what we expected. After a few months the rooms really started showing wear which was attributed to the quality of the furnishings and finishes selected by the DVD/DVC President as a cost savings measure.

We are interested in the VGF but we will wait to stay there first to check out the quality and views.

I don't know if your are interested but they are offering a fixed week option in case your Guide didn't mention it.

Good luck and have fun.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #15
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Actually, no extra cost for multiple contracts. I will give that some thought.

MF will be pro-rated for 2013 from resort opening. However, as usual, full 2013 points we will given to the buyer.
So you're saying you're not paying closing costs on your two contracts?
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: