Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #31
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

I like a ground floor better because it's usually an easier in and out. Sometimes foot traffic outside a ground floor room can become a headache, but that's not common and depends more on the room location.
By the way, I had a small frog drop on my head as I was standing just outside the doorway on our B/C balcony once. It was early, about daybreak and after I felt something hit my head I turned on the light and there it was. Stayed for a while, if remember, but we were on the 3rd floor so it was a surprise for sure!
Hope you have a wonderful stay!

Dizzytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #32
EvilQueenT
DIS Veteran

I don't see the point in paying extra for poolside if you're not on the ground floor where you can just walk out to the pool from the room. If you have to walk around a pathway to get to stairs to get to a pool why pay the extra? When my kids were early teens and were all about the pool I liked being able to sit outside my room or when it was really hot inside the rooms doorway with the door open to watch them in the pool. And remember pool view could be a quiet pool not necessarily the main pool unless it's a preferred room pool view.

Negative for any ground floor is you have the possibility of everyone walking past your room at all hours...if you're a light sleeper or have a baby that naps that kind of thing then a ground floor could be a negative.
EvilQueenT is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: