DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
maggie_sam
Mouseketeer

Question about ROFR

I am thinking about and exploring options to purchase DVC and have a question about ROFR. If Disney exercises their option, what happens to the contract? Does Disney purchase from the Seller? Does Disney ever sell resale? I have been reading that Disney does exercise ROFR and appears they are doing more frequently, but there is no pattern or way to determine when they are likely to do-am I understanding correctly? I also had a sense from some posts that the Guides will not inform potential buyers of other options. Is this only referring to resellers?

I saw reference to an ROFR thread but have not been able to find it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

DisneyWorld 1972, Disneyland 1973, Disneyland 1980, Fort Wilderness 1986, DisneyWorld 1988, 1990, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2004, Disney Wonder October 2010, Contemporary & Saratoga Springs 2010, Disney Magic September 2012, Bay Lake Tower September 2013, Disney Dream September 2013, Boardwalk Villas May 2014
maggie_sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #2
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie_sam View Post
I am thinking about and exploring options to purchase DVC and have a question about ROFR. If Disney exercises their option, what happens to the contract? Does Disney purchase from the Seller? Does Disney ever sell resale? I have been reading that Disney does exercise ROFR and appears they are doing more frequently, but there is no pattern or way to determine when they are likely to do-am I understanding correctly? I also had a sense from some posts that the Guides will not inform potential buyers of other options. Is this only referring to resellers?

I saw reference to an ROFR thread but have not been able to find it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Disney purchases the contract from the seller if they exercise ROFR. Disney doesn't sell resales. They exercise ROFR, purchase the contract and then sell it as a new contract for full price. There is no way to know what Disney will do unless you contact a psychic Guides would never tell a potential buyer about the resale market or else they could lose the potential sale and the commission that comes along with it.
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2013, 11:46 PM   #3
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
I also had a sense from some posts that the Guides will not inform potential buyers of other options. Is this only referring to resellers?
a "guide" is a salesperson. they are not there to guide you, they are trying to make money off you.

here is the ROFR thread:

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=48441959

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:08 AM   #4
Richmond566
Earning My Ears

I just signed contract. Hope it passes ROFR
Richmond566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #5
AJA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmond566 View Post
I just signed contract. Hope it passes ROFR
Congrats! I hope it passes quickly!

To the op, Disney doesn't sell resale. For example if they purchase a 200 point contract they can divide that in to 4 small 50 point contracts (or whatever division is needed to fill waiting lists) or sale the whole 200 points together, whatever they do they sell it as a new contract with all the new contract perks and PRICE. The points just go back in to their "system" and are sold as new contracts.
AJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:06 AM   #6
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Disney will sell them as new...at those home resorts (called classics now)...so if they ROFR a BCV contract they can sell it as a new BCV contract (has to keep UY). Folks can buy any resort directly with Disney, but the prices are at least double the resale prices and there can be (and there is right now) a wait list to buy those points from Disney direct.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:12 AM   #7
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJA View Post
Congrats! I hope it passes quickly!

To the op, Disney doesn't sell resale. For example if they purchase a 200 point contract they can divide that in to 4 small 50 point contracts (or whatever division is needed to fill waiting lists) or sale the whole 200 points together, whatever they do they sell it as a new contract with all the new contract perks and PRICE. The points just go back in to their "system" and are sold as new contracts.
Just a note to add that the contract still terminates on the original termination date same as resale.

Bill

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #8
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post

Just a note to add that the contract still terminates on the original termination date same as resale.

Bill
The big exception would be OKW. Most OKW resales are not extended. When you buy OKW points direct, they are selling extended contracts.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Old 05-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #9
maggie_sam
Mouseketeer

Thank you all so much, the information is very helpful in learning as much as I can and making a good decision for my family. Am thinking of waiting until after our trip to WDW in September and visit some of the other resorts before making a final decision. Most of what I have read recommends that you purchase the resort you enjoy the most for your home resort, and we have only been at SSR and will be staying at BLT in September. My daughter is disabled, and one of the other big considerations for me are the transportation options. This has been very exciting for us, we have gone through some very difficult times over the last few years, but things are now at a point where we can start planning to visit WDW and cruising at least once a year. Thank you all again!

DisneyWorld 1972, Disneyland 1973, Disneyland 1980, Fort Wilderness 1986, DisneyWorld 1988, 1990, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2004, Disney Wonder October 2010, Contemporary & Saratoga Springs 2010, Disney Magic September 2012, Bay Lake Tower September 2013, Disney Dream September 2013, Boardwalk Villas May 2014
Old 05-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #10
mirnmart
Earning My Ears

Quote:
This has been very exciting for us, we have gone through some very difficult times over the last few years, but things are now at a point where we can start planning to visit WDW and cruising at least once a year. Thank you all again!
You mention cruising....from what I understand you can't use resale points for DIsney cruises or Disney Adventures....correct me someone if I'm wrong!

Hope you find the right contract!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #11
maggie_sam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirnmart View Post
You mention cruising....from what I understand you can't use resale points for DIsney cruises or Disney Adventures....correct me someone if I'm wrong!

Hope you find the right contract!
I did know about the restrictions with the resale contracts, but thanks for sharing. I would only be using DVC for WDW.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: