Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #16
blondie_k21
Earning My Ears

I received a pin for free dining for our trip from 12/1-12/8. This is my first time at POR as CBR was the only other mod option we had. Also, the only rooms available were Royal rooms, and I opted for pool view. Not sure if you meant promos in general or pins. I should also note that I booked only a few hours of receiving the email.

'98 - Offsite, '00 - DL/ASMu, '03 - ASMo, '08 - POP, '09 - CSR, '10 - CSR, '11 - OKW
December 2013 - POP

blondie_k21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #17
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie_k21 View Post
I received a pin for free dining for our trip from 12/1-12/8. This is my first time at POR as CBR was the only other mod option we had. Also, the only rooms available were Royal rooms, and I opted for pool view. Not sure if you meant promos in general or pins. I should also note that I booked only a few hours of receiving the email.
Ok thanks for the info

maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #18
poohangel
Yeah I Dis, Doesn't everybody?

We booked with a Disney Visa and were told no free dining offered with preferred rooms. That does not make sense to me. If I am willing to pay extra for preferred then they should be happier to get more of my money. :}

poohangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #19
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohangel View Post
We booked with a Disney Visa and were told no free dining offered with preferred rooms. That does not make sense to me. If I am willing to pay extra for preferred then they should be happier to get more of my money. :}
Apparently they can book up,all the preferred rooms without offering free dining. More money for Disney than if they gave you that room with free dining.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #20
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohangel
Discounts are made to fill rooms. Preferred rooms at resorts fill up fast, especially with families with small children. No need to offer discounts.

You cannot pick and choose what booking categories you want on a discount; they do not "need" your extra money, they have plenty of people booking those categories.

Disney got very, very savvy about two years ago with values and moderates and created booking categories based on requests and they are having no trouble filling preferred rooms.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #21
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwithboys View Post
I tried at 7:00am on the first day of general public free dining released and I was told that there were no POR preferred avaliable I was disappointed as well
I called first few hours when the fd pin was out. I was told by 2 different cms that they were not included in the fd pin offer just garden or royal.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #22
Shell54
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraJean View Post

I called first few hours when the fd pin was out. I was told by 2 different cms that they were not included in the fd pin offer just garden or royal.
You got 2 misinformed CMs. I have a POR preferred room booked for Sept.

Disney Magic 8/12

Shell54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #23
kandb
DIS Veteran

Are you going the end of Sept? It seems that the weeks at the end of Sept is more popular then the beginning of Sept. I booked our POR preferred room with FD on the morning that FD was announced to the gen public but I have seen preferred rooms still offered as recent as a few days ago. Our dates are 9/2 to 9/10.
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: