Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
ben10
Earning My Ears

2 night stay to see new Fantasyland--Poly, WL or CR?

Hi y'all
Planning a quick 2 night stay to see the new Fantasyland! Planning 2nd week of Aug and wondering which resort to book? We will be me (the mom), grandma (it's her Birthday!) and my kids 3 and 7 yo (boys!). We've stayed Poly, CBR, and WL in the past. Right now I am boked in Poly but am thinking of maybe moving to WL (or even CR??) to save some $$ since we will be there only 2 nights. CR garden wing is also similar price to WL, so that could be in the mix, but the theming hasn't really appealed to us before--just the walk to MK! Our plan is to do the resort day 1, see MK day 2 and morning day 3. Any suggestions? My mom REALLY loves Poly (which is why we are booked there now) but it is ~$300 more expensive and I am concerned about construction? Anyone have any updates on the renovations there? I would hate to pay extra money and have a bad time if construction/renos interfere.
TIA!
ben10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
princessap
DIS Veteran

We did the exact same thing in march and loved it. We added on two nights to a week visiting family. We stayed at the poly and did resort first day, MK second day, we were there from 815am-10pm! And then check out day we enjoyed the grounds and did a character breakfast at chef mickeys. It was perfect but only too short! The poly was great for us! The WL has no appeal to us at all and like you the only thing appealing about cr is the proximity to MK. I would stick to poly!
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben10 View Post
Hi y'all
Planning a quick 2 night stay to see the new Fantasyland! Planning 2nd week of Aug and wondering which resort to book? We will be me (the mom), grandma (it's her Birthday!) and my kids 3 and 7 yo (boys!). We've stayed Poly, CBR, and WL in the past. Right now I am boked in Poly but am thinking of maybe moving to WL (or even CR??) to save some $$ since we will be there only 2 nights. CR garden wing is also similar price to WL, so that could be in the mix, but the theming hasn't really appealed to us before--just the walk to MK! Our plan is to do the resort day 1, see MK day 2 and morning day 3. Any suggestions? My mom REALLY loves Poly (which is why we are booked there now) but it is ~$300 more expensive and I am concerned about construction? Anyone have any updates on the renovations there? I would hate to pay extra money and have a bad time if construction/renos interfere.
TIA!
I agree with the pp and would stick with the Poly. We've never stayed at the CR and although we do love the WL, the Poly is our favorite and that would my choice for a quick 2 night trip for visiting only MK.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #4
cjnix29
DIS Veteran

It's personal preference and the budget. We love the CR, rooms are big, and the location is awesome. WL would be my second choice, as we love that resort as well. Poly is my least favorite out of the three, maybe my least favorite of all the deluxes. So only you can decide if it is worth it to you. For such a short stay, how much will time will you be at the resort?
2005 OKW, first trip with DS
2006 WL
2007 POLYNESIAN 2008 All Star Music
2009 Surprise birthday trip for DS offsite
2009 Holidays at the World , POFQ
2010 New countertops, or Disney?....,we chose the Contemporary, Club Level MK view and the Yacht Club!
Trip Report from the most awesome trip ever! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2565514
2012 BLT
8/25/12 First Cruise on the Fantasy to celebrate over 130 pounds lost!
cjnix29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
Cotillard
Mouseketeer

I would grab a garden wing at CR in a heartbeat. Those rooms are being redone and look really good! Plus, it will give you the chance to walk to and from MK and also check out a new resort
We love the Polynesian but staying at BLT a few years ago sure was fun I think your boys would love it.

º Grand Floridian July 2005 ○ Grand Floridian CL Dec 2005 ○ Polynesian April 2006 ○ Polynesian CL March 2007 ○ Boardwalk Inn CL April 2008 ○ Bay Lake Tower May 2010 ○ Beach Club June 2010 ○ Wilderness Lodge CL Oct 2010 ○ AKL CL Feb 2011 º Boardwalk Inn October 2011 º POR Royal Room March 2012 º Beach Club June 2013 º
Cotillard is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: