Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
rammh
Mouseketeer

Undercover Tourist says price increase was announced

But I cant find ANYTHING anywhere else!!! I dont know how to do screen shots but if you go to the UCT site, http://www.undercovertourist.com/
It says it in the red bar at the top.
Anyone have any insight?????
rammh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

Universal did just increase ticket prices, so that may be the announcement they're referring to? Typically, WDW will follow shortly (as will Sea World and other area attractions) but there hasn't been anything official yet.

Of course, WDW also tends to do it on very short notice (e.g. announcing Friday, go into effect Sunday), so it could be any day now.

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Cafeen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
rammh
Mouseketeer

That makes sense then about Universal. There is a link next to it that says "buy tickets now" and it takes you to WDW tickets so I assumed it was for WDW.
rammh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #4
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

I presume if you book before the increase, you fall under last year's prices? Not that the price increase will likely be hugely significant...
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:06 AM   #5
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammh View Post
That makes sense then about Universal. There is a link next to it that says "buy tickets now" and it takes you to WDW tickets so I assumed it was for WDW.
The Universal tickets are down the page. Of course, it DOES suggest that they've all been announced, but that's marketing/advertising for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedog1975 View Post
I presume if you book before the increase, you fall under last year's prices? Not that the price increase will likely be hugely significant...
Yes. If you buy tickets or book a package before the increase, you lock in those prices. However, if you have to change your tickets before you arrive (adding PH, changing days, etc) they will switch over to the new pricing.

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Cafeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #6
SuperDan523
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafeen View Post
Yes. If you buy tickets or book a package before the increase, you lock in those prices. However, if you have to change your tickets before you arrive (adding PH, changing days, etc) they will switch over to the new pricing.
Unless you use them at least once for a main gate entry. Once they've gone through the turnstiles at one of the four main parks, they will be considered to be worth the full posted at the gate price for any upgrades.

If the price goes up and you decide you want to change (upgrade to AP, add PH, or add days), wait to do it until you're at the park. If the guest services representative doesn't mention price bridging, ask about it and if they say they don't do that ask for a supervisor. If the supervisor says they don't do that, cancel the transaction and try another Guest Relations location. Guest Relations inside the Magic Kingdom tends to have the most knowledgeable CMs and bridging is rarely a problem there. (They did it for me there before I knew about the practice, and other posters here have mentioned success there as well.)
SuperDan523 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: